Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DW: Head Hunted - Discussion/OOC Thread

FFG Roleplay Play-by-Post Deathwatch LFP

• Please log in to reply
940 replies to this topic

Trokair

Trokair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,482 posts

Edited to add roll.

I asume Racel is light enough not to be a problem for Brynjarr to actually carry. 

My Assorted Projects
Facing the Unknown , Facing the Unknown II

He's a psychic-power immune (kind of) chaincannon armed Havoc Marine - I think Tro has enough toys! tongue.png

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,088 posts

Edited to add roll.

I asume Racel is light enough not to be a problem for Brynjarr to actually carry. 

No, not a problem for a superhuman who can bench-press three cars!

MR.

Indexes: IA: Scions of Gehenna IA: White Paladins

The blanket of fire from the pirates thinned as they desperately tried to kill everyone, a costly mistake the Infantry would exploit.  Another explosion blossomed in a muted boom, tearing a man off his feet, sending him flying backwards almost gracefully, to crunch down fifteen metres from the initial point of impact, trailing blood from a ruptured knee joint.  Low gravity combat defied the usual expectation of seeing violent movements realised quickly.  It was horrifically deceptive.

Arron Owen, The Ares Gambit.

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 557 posts
  • Faction: Imperials
Mazer your view of Ains movement is great. Though the pace can pick up if Rachel gets carried
  • Mazer Rackham likes this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,088 posts

Mazer your view of Ains movement is great. Though the pace can pick up if Rachel gets carried

Cheers :) it just made sense to me.

Yes, the pace will now be a good Astartes battle-speed.  You'll reach the Laying Up Position/Observation point by morning.

We will have to pause Hellebore Minima there though, to allow for the others to post, and we will likely have very little forward momentum until maybe Monday next week, as this weekend is going to get busy for me.

Feel free to post any narrative in the IC, or drop thoughts and questions here in the OOC, as I can deal with those reasonably quickly.

MR.

The blanket of fire from the pirates thinned as they desperately tried to kill everyone, a costly mistake the Infantry would exploit.  Another explosion blossomed in a muted boom, tearing a man off his feet, sending him flying backwards almost gracefully, to crunch down fifteen metres from the initial point of impact, trailing blood from a ruptured knee joint.  Low gravity combat defied the usual expectation of seeing violent movements realised quickly.  It was horrifically deceptive.

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,088 posts

Small update for Grail.

http://www.bolterand...read/?p=5686124

MR.

Trokair

Trokair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,482 posts

The wind is picking up and the rainclouds you saw coming over are spitting and spotting water down onto the canopy above in a sprinkle of white noise that your Lyman's Ear easily filters out as harmless.  To the East, five Kilometres away lies the target, and although you can't see it, your sensoria can detect the power draw of a large complex.  Brynjarr carefully deposits Racel under the overhang from a boulder, and she comes-to.

Have we somehow passed/looped around Objective Rho? We came from the east and where heading westwards.

My Assorted Projects

He's a psychic-power immune (kind of) chaincannon armed Havoc Marine - I think Tro has enough toys! tongue.png

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,088 posts

Have we somehow passed/looped around Objective Rho? We came from the east and where heading westwards.

Well spotted - that's my bad, it should indeed be 5km West.

MR.

• Trokair likes this

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 557 posts
I am going to be slow this weekend another drill one, a four day one.
Hidden Content

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,088 posts

Thanks for letting us know - hope it goes alright.

Are you chaps going to post a sentry?

Tro, since you weren't Forced Marching, but doing reasonable speed, you're only lightly tired (not mechanically rules-wise fatigued) and therefore only need to sleep for about 15 minutes to be fully rested.  Feel free to add this to narrative if it's any use.

MR.

• TechCaptain likes this

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 557 posts
I am still working out how Ains is going to go about this but yea a guard and him making their position concealed is a good idea.
  • Mazer Rackham and Trokair like this
Hidden Content

Trokair

Trokair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,482 posts

Tro, since you weren't Forced Marching, but doing reasonable speed, you're only lightly tired (not mechanically rules-wise fatigued) and therefore only need to sleep for about 15 minutes to be fully rested.  Feel free to add this to narrative if it's any use.

Good to know, though I would expect that Brynjarr will need some additional time to deal with the long hours of being in close proximity to a pariah, such as  meditation to rebalance his mind or similar, will see what comes as I write.

Somebody else can stand guard for the first bit; Brynjarr can join or relive sentry duty later if needed.  

• Mazer Rackham and TechCaptain like this
My Assorted Projects

grailkeeper

grailkeeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 876 posts
  • Faction: Vylka Fenrika

Updated my post. Had the pins taken out of my hand a couple of days ago and have been out of action. Thats a lot sorer than having them put in. 

I have a trial next week so I mgith be delayed updating posts.

Trokair

Trokair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,482 posts

Well take it easy and get better.

My Assorted Projects

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,088 posts

Updated my post. Had the pins taken out of my hand a couple of days ago and have been out of action. Thats a lot sorer than having them put in. 

I have a trial next week so I mgith be delayed updating posts.

eek.gif I can only imagine!

Speedy recovery and good luck with everything.  I'll be poking the Demi-squad and Manits Warrior a bit so don't sweat it :)

MR.

• BadgersinHills likes this

BadgersinHills

BadgersinHills

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 866 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords.

Will post in a bit!

I wanted to let everyone know that my final exams are coming up and I doubt I'll be able to be super active, but I'll try to not delay things in April. In May though, I doubt I can come on the forum until the 20th at the latest. 

• Mazer Rackham and Boyadventurer like this

Maybe you could model TWC-sized "were-templars" who's inner Templar took over in the fury of battle transforming them into a giant half man - half templar?

gallery_62972_14467_9630.jpg. gallery_48988_16228_1694.png  

My Works in Progress

Credit to Julie Hang for the profile picture. @juliehangart on Instagram.

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,088 posts

Will post in a bit!

I wanted to let everyone know that my final exams are coming up and I doubt I'll be able to be super active, but I'll try to not delay things in April. In May though, I doubt I can come on the forum until the 20th at the latest. 

Don't worry about us, Badgers!  Use the time to get rest for your hard-working brain!  Good luck and all the best with your exams and we'll see you on the other side! thumbsup.gif

MR.

• Trokair and BadgersinHills like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FFG, Roleplay, Play-by-Post, Deathwatch, LFP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users