New Adepta Sororitas vehicles you'd like?

Evil Eye

For all the shiny new models that the Sisters of Battle have received, it has occurred to me that their selection of vehicles is still rather limited. Whilst they've gained a few vehicular units (Mortifiers as an alt-build for Penitent Engines and that one special character's floating pulpit thing) their tanks are still restricted to the Rhino, Immolator and Exorcist. The Repressor does still exist, but only in Legends and not in actual production. And they're utterly bereft of anything bigger than a Rhino chassis.

So, my brothers and sisters, what vehicles would you like to see added to the Sororitas inventory? This includes existing vehicles from other Imperial departments given an Ecclesiarchal conversion (like the Rhino), forgotten vehicles from fluff gone by/the background of art, or even homebrewed ideas for that one conversion you've always wanted to make or whatever. The warp's the limit.

Here's some I dreamt up earlier, complete with fluff and "out of universe" conceptual thinking:

Castra Ferrum-Ignea Pattern Dreadnought:
(Fluff)

An astonishingly rare pattern of Dreadnought, the Castra Ferrum-Ignea (or just Ignea for short) was designed specifically for the Adepta Sororitas, intended to allow even mortally wounded Sisters to fight on for the Emperor in much the same manner as the Astartes. Technically speaking, an Ignea Dreadnought was any Castra Ferrum chassis of Dreadnought converted to be able to carry a mortal female “pilot”, with almost all being Mark V (some Mark IVs are known to exist) utilizing a modified sarcophagus and neural interface. Most if not all of these were built to order, however, and  many had other features unique to the pattern.

Unfortunately, the pattern proved to be non-viable in practice; very few Sisters wounded to the point entombment was necessary survived the process due to lacking the increased hardiness of a Space Marine. As such the pattern was eventually discontinued from production, though some of these Dreadnoughts still exist and serve to this day. Such individuals are vaunted servants of the Emperor, considered living relics by the Orders they belong to.

Ignea Dreadnoughts are very rarely deployed in combat, due to their incredible rarity and irreplaceable nature. However, they do occasionally see battle (albeit usually only in truly dire circumstances) and are equipped with a number of unique weapons to destroy the foes of the Emperor with. These include:
>Purgation Fist: Based on the common Dreadnought “Death Fist” close combat weapon. In addition to the standard power field, these weapons are fitted with various pipes and nozzles that enable the fist to be wreathed in cleansing holy flame. In addition to the obvious psychological effect of a burning hand of vengeance, the Purgation Fist's blessed promethium and potent anti-armour capabilities make it a particularly suitable weapon for dealing with larger daemonic targets, especially daemon engines.
>Chastisement Flail: Similar to the flails used on Penitent Engines, these weapons are relatively simple, consisting of heavy weights attached to lengths of chain. They are brutally effective against most infantry and can make short work of light vehicles, though against heavy armour they struggle. They do not utilize power fields due to the risk of self-inflicted damage that this would cause.
>Holy Censer: A simple weapon consisting of a large censer on a retractable length of chain, filled with blessed incense. Particularly effective against the Chaotic, especially daemons and psykers.
>Indictor Spear: Functioning much like a piledriver, this weapon utilizes a hydraulic ram-driven spike, surrounded by a power field. Whilst clumsy to use even by Dreadnought standards, it is fearsome against armour.
>Condemnor Cannon: A repeating auto-ballista that launches blessed javelins at long range, the projectiles being especially effective against psykers.

(OOC details)

An excuse to put actual Dreadnoughts in the ranks of the Sisters of Battle whilst not just making them regular Astartes Dreadnoughts with a different paintjob. Given their somewhat differing status from their brethren in the Space Marines, they might work as an HQ choice perhaps? Outside of the unique weapons listed above I was thinking their armament would be restricted to the Multi-Melta, Inferno Cannon, twin Heavy Bolter and maybe Assault Cannon.

Setheno Heavy Tank:

(Fluff)

Named after a particularly zealous Canoness, the Setheno is a “Second-Generation Baneblade” not dissimilar to the venerable Malcador. Notable for its distinctive rounded shape and usage of castings in its construction, the Setheno STC was originally intended for wider use by the Astra Militarum. However, with a surplus of other models of heavy tank, most regiments rejected it, and so it was instead gifted to the relatively armour-bereft Sororitas instead, at the suggestion of one General Karlo Jimnea.

The tank's design is very much emphasised for defence and durability. Its armour is extremely thick, and proof against a great deal of anti-tank weaponry. This does render it very slow, however, though at the very least the engine is far more reliable than the Malcador. The Setheno is generally armed with an Eradicator nova cannon in the hull, whilst the turret and sponsons are outfitted from a selection of plasma cannons, lascannons, assault cannons and heavy flamers in any combination. This makes it one of the few Sororitas vehicles to not adhere to the “holy trinity” of weapons, in part as it was not originally intended for them.

Unfortunately, whilst extremely tough and relatively well armed, the Setheno is not an especially versatile vehicle. Its low speed and high fuel consumption leave it unsuited to long-distance operations, and its weapon layout is often considered obsolete. As such, most of them are used for ceremonial purposes or for defensive operations on shrine worlds. This is not to say they are without merit; during the defence of the world of Belicula III from Hive Fleet Orcus the tanks proved their worth, and were instrumental in repelling the Tyranids. Those Battle Sisters that crew them are generally very fond of the vehicles, and they are treated with the same respect as any other weapon in the Sororitas' arsenals.

(OOC details)

Originally something I conceived as a joke in another group I'm in, with some 40K weapons shooped onto a Char B1 with the caption "New FW tank looks great" before I realized it actually did look kind of nice, my bias for French WW2 and interwar armour notwithstanding. Anyway, the idea effectively boils down to "Ecclesiarchy flavoured rounder Malcador" and as such it would be a Heavy Support choice rather than a LoW. I'm not finalized on the armament beyond I like the idea of the main gun beinghull mounted, but I do quite like the idea of it being a gift from the Militarum, as A: it's an interesting concept (and also mirrors IRL inter-service wargear swapping) and B: it would allow non-Trinity weapons to be used by the Sisters without breaking the fluff.

Setheno “Purifier” missile tank:

(Fluff)

An extremely rare pattern of Setheno that deletes the turret and hull mounted Eradicator cannon, replacing both with a multiple missile launch system very similar to that used on the Exorcist, only on a larger scale. Far more useful than the standard Setheno due to its extremely long range and the unerring accuracy of its munitions, the Purifier would be far more widely used were it not for the fact only five are known to exist.

(OOC details)

See above, but instead of being a Char B1 with nuns in it, it's a bigger and heavier Exorcist/smaller Praetor Armoured Assault Launcher. Possibly a bit redundant.

Setheno “Dominator” assault gun:

(Fluff)

Another rare pattern of Setheno, albeit less so than the Purifier, the Dominator replaces its turret and Eradicator cannon with a large and incredibly powerful “Dominator cannon”. Similar in scale to an Earthshaker, but intended as a direct fire weapon rather than an indirect artillery piece, the Dominator can be loaded with a variety of shells, including armour piercing, high explosive and blessed promethium incendiary rounds. Whilst an exceptionally potent weapon, the weaknesses of the Setheno STC (notably its slow speed and short range) once again prevent it from seeing wider use outside a few more unorthodox Orders.

(OOC details)

Somewhat inspired by the late-WW2 practice of turning existing tanks into tank destroyers or SPGs (see the Marder series, the Jagdtiger etc, or in 40K the Valdor Tank Hunter) and also the lunatic idea of making an Earthshaker cannon into a direct fire weapon as a "big game hunter" for dealing with Lords of War and other such annoyances. Would certainly look cool anyway.

Rumbler Light Tank:

(Fluff)

Derived from the Repressor (itself a modification of the Rhino STC), the Rumbler is a somewhat peculiar vehicle intended as an infantry support tank. Trading the transport of the Repressor for increased armour and ammunition stowage, it mounts no less than four cogitator guided turrets, each armed with either a heavy bolter, heavy flamer or multi-melta.

In theory this makes it an excellent point defence vehicle, though in practice it was found that the far more widely accepted Immolator was superior, as the auto-targeting on the Rumbler's turrets can be unreliable, and the sheer amount of armaments on a relatively small chassis means it quickly runs out of ammunition.

Some Orders still make use of them, however, as they are cheaper and easier to maintain than the Immolator, and the sheer amount of firepower they bring in such a small package is impressive. The heavy bolter and heavy flamer variants are generally more popular than the multi-melta version, though some field conversions replace one of the turrets with a multi-melta.

Curiously, they are alarmingly common in the caches of the few fallen Orders, possibly due to their lower upkeep requirements.

(OOC details)

Actually inspired by the realization that with the aid of the Reliquary's Shapeways kits, it would be possible to have 4 turrets mounted on an absurd but incredibly entertaining Rhino-chassis package. An extremely silly idea, but the thought of 4 Heavy Flamer turrets spewing burning death onto heretics is definitely amusing.

Did you make up the fluff, or have these been referenced in source material?

I've got a few that I'm planning, but I'm waiting to see if anything interesting happens when our codex drops just in case we get something special. If we don't. it's conversion + custom fluff time.

For converted/ custom vehicles:

I want a baneblade mod too; it's super expensive to get all the parts, but I want one classic immolator turret over each sponsoon two exorcist launchers and a pulpit for a Missionary whose aura is measured from the hull, even though he gains the protection of being embarked due to a powerful forcefield. This is intended to be a unique LoW choice. I have the immolator turrets already; I have one classic exorcist that I never got around to painting, so if I got a classic launcher somewhere cheap, all I would need would be the Baneblade and some bits from a terrain kit to build the pulpit, and someone to act as the missionary.

I want to buy the Raging Heroes War Pulpit and and swap its arms and legs with the Armiger warglaive to make it look more consistent with GW's aesthetic. It would be fielded as a warglaive with extra wounds to account for the penitents and the Missionary, and it would have an Exorcist launcher. The penitents are essentially Incensor Cherubs; when they are destroyed, they confer a miracle die for their martyrdom. The Missionary's aura is measured from the hull of the vehicle, but he gains the protection of being embarked due to a powerful forcefield. This model is intended to be a unique character model fielded as part of my Penitent Legion- I'm aiming for 9 Mortifiers, 9 Penitent Engines, 3 units of Repentia with Superiors, and 3 units of Arcofallegellants with Preachers, and probably Inquisitor Karamazov riding shotgun as an Imperial Agent.

I also like the idea of mounting Penitents on rhinos. If I did get plastic exorcists for their launchers to make the baneblade conversion, it's more expensive but I would get two rhinos in the bargain, and with so many PE's and Morties, you could modify and magnetize the pilots for attachment to rhinos. They would function like the penitents on the warglaive above- each is an ablative wound that confers a miracle die when it was removed. You'd even have extras of the cool iron maiden morty pilots to use as decoration for rhino tops or as an alternate insert to the Triumph of Saint Katherine to represent a Triumph of a different founding Saint. You could also magnetize the original Raging Heroes penitents since they aren't appropriate for public display, replacing them with penitent pilots for public games. In fact, it may be possible to kitbash an equivalent model by just adding an exorcist launcher, a missionary, a pair of penitent engine pilots and some terrain bits to a warglaive. Classier, contest/ tableworthy in stores and events and pure 100% plastic.

For existing/ legacy models:

I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that GW might resurrect the Repressor, though moving it to Legends is likely an indicator that they won't. With the buffs to retributor weapons, a repressor might even be a bit OP.

My sisters are likely to ally with Guard at some point in our Crusade. I have a Master of the Fleet how commands an airwing of Valkyries. In one of our battles, I plan to use him as an objective marker. If the Sisters save him, he's going to gift one of the Valyries under his command to the Order in return for their protection. I have the sororitas upgrade bits for the classic immolator to decorate this Valkyrie to differentiate it from the others in the Airwing. I'd burn an RP to give this Valyrie the Sororitas key word. 

Finally, the Avenger Fighter once had the Sororitas Keyword. If it is released in plastic for the guard, smart money would be to make a sororitas upgrade kit like the one the Deathwing got for the Nephilim jetfighter. Sister sell like hotcakes, and this would double GW's return on the investment in the basic Avenger mold. I'd even buy the FW avenger AND an FW upgrade kit if they decided to keep it in the FW range, despite the premium price. In fact, I'd buy two to play wing-nuns to the Soroitas Valkyrie mentioned above.

Edited by ThePenitentOne

You have good imagination, though they need further refinement. I shared the following idea with Minigiant and sedibear in 2016, for a Dreadnought analogue:

VENGEANCE ENGINE, 90 points

This is ten more points than the Penitent Engine's points value in 'Codex: Witch Hunters', to account for an additional heavy weapon. (I don't have the later codices, and am ignorant of the Penitent Engine's current points value.)

The Vengeance Engine shares the Penitent Engine's chassis. It uses the Centurion warsuit's gun mount to fit a heavy bolter, heavy flamer, or lascannon under its power fist.

WS 4, BS 4, S 5, Armor F12 S10 R10, I 3, A 3, HP 2

The armor values are identical to an Astra Militarum armored Sentinel.

Unit Type: Vehicle (Walker).

Wargear: Power fist with integral heavy bolter, chainfist with integral meltagun.

Special Rules: Move Through Cover, Point-blank Shot (heavy bolter, lascannon, meltagun).

I wrote the Point-blank Shot special rule to say, "The unit may make one bonus attack in each Fight sub-phase, using the weapon listed in parentheses, if so equipped; as this weapon has Range - when it makes the attack, the unit's Weapon Skill is used to determine whether hits are scored. If the unit has multiple weapons with this special rule, choose which one to use. This bonus attack is made at the unit's normal Initiative, and is in addition to any other bonus attacks, e.g., the +1 from charging.

"Blast, Template, and Graviton weapons are not used for point-blank shots; this can cause self-inflicted injuries."

Options: May replace the heavy bolter with a lascannon (+10 points). May replace the meltagun with a grav-cannon (+10 points), heavy bolter (free), heavy flamer (free), or lascannon (+10 points). May take items from the [Adepta Sororitas, Cult Mechanicus, or Skitarii] Vehicle Equipment list.
Piloting a Sentinel-based vehicle, makes more sense than being interred in a Dreadnought-like iron lung.

As for the Setheno, naming it after a Gorgon is an inspired idea. Making the chassis a unique one- forcing modelers to devote a lot of time, money, and effort to kitbash one- not so much. Why not make it a variant of the Fellblade, which also has a rounded turret? (Edit: Where did the Sisters get a Fellblade? Just say the Orders Militant inherited the superheavy tanks from the Sisters of Silence, to whom the Emperor gave the tanks so they may counter those in the Traitor Legions.)

After them, I think the Sisters need powerful direct fire and air defense weapons, so a Sororitas Vindicator and Hydra are obvious choices- for the latter, maybe shoehorn the Hydra turret into the Predator turret ring, to reduce the logistical burden on the Orders Militant. Then they need flyers for transport, and to dogfight enemy flyers in the transports' defense, so a Sororitas Corvus Blackstar and Lightning are my next picks- maybe replace the latter's fixed autocannon with a TURRET-MOUNTED twin heavy bolter, so it may be more useful for close air support.

Finally, the Sisters need a Techmarine analogue so the Orders Militant can fix all these vehicles on their own, instead of begging the AdMech for support.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

I want a baneblade mod too; it's super expensive to get all the parts, but I want one classic immolator turret over each sponsoon two exorcist launchers and a pulpit for a Missionary whose aura is measured from the hull, even though he gains the protection of being embarked due to a powerful forcefield.

I disagree with putting the Immolator turret and Exorcist missile launcher atop the sponsons, as they'd then block the main turret when the latter traverses to engage enemies to the sides and the rear. Better mount the weapons atop the main turret; in the Immolator turret's case, by mounting it like the .50 caliber machine gun turret atop the M60 tank; in the Exorcist's case, by mounting it behind the Immolator turret, the way Naval Strike Missile launchers are mounted behind the 57mm gun on the Independence class LCS.

The pulpit IS an idea I fully support, though. Maybe modify the Immolator turret so it doubles as a pulpit, so the latter won't obstruct the former's line-of-fire, and the main turret won't get too cluttered up?

I also like the idea of mounting Penitents on rhinos.

librisrouge and I proposed taking the penitent from a Penitent Engine model, and attaching him to the gun turret in an Adepta Sororitas tank, as a "tortured witch" that is "somehow powering the gun." Maybe use it as an anti-psyker weapon- a scaled-up version of the Culexus Assassin's Animus Speculum, with increased Range and/or Strength?

Finally, the Avenger Fighter once had the Sororitas Keyword.

The Sisters need multirole flyers that can dogfight enemy flyers AS WELL AS provide close air support- in short, they need F-16 analogues, NOT A-10 analogues. Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

A light flying transport craft that can transport 3 of the paragon exosuits, ala baby carrier. Wired to the under hull and dropped down to the field to deploy

Why not one, i.e., a Sororitas Stormraven that bears a Paragon in place of a Space Marine Dreadnought? If you insist it must transport three Paragon warsuits, we should have the option of transporting a Rhino-sized vehicle in the warsuits' place, and the ability to airdrop the vehicles like the BMD.

I don’t want much for tanks, as I like our current range. We aren’t the guard, we are close range firefight specialists, in which everything is in support of that. Rhinos and Immolators get us in position, and Immolators and Exorcists provide fire support. I wouldn’t mind some predator analogue, but unless they give it a bespoke weapon it’d kinda be stepping into Immolators territory.

What I do want are flyers and a super heavy. Spruce up an Avenger and make it in plastic and I’ll be perfectly content with Flyers. As for the super heavy I think they could do a lot of things: a bane blade variant would be sensible, but an offshoot of the Knight kit would also be pretty neat

I'd like to see sisters bikes, Dominion Squad on bikes?

The Sisters do need more Fast Attack units. I proposed mounting a lascannon "horn" to the head of a mechanical steed from Warhammer Fantasy, to create "unicorns" the Sisters may ride into battle- in short, something unique to a Sororitas army, instead of an obvious hand-me-down from an Astartes army. (As for my arguing the Sisters need Corvus Blackstars, Hydra flak tanks, and Vindicators, that's because the Sisters currently have NOTHING that can fill the slots those units fill in Astartes and Astra Militarum armies. Give Sisters players SOMETHING, and I'll be silent.)

Thank you, everyone!

Did you make up the fluff, or have these been referenced in source material?

The fluff was entirely fabricated by yours truly; if I put half as much effort into painting as I did into writing random crap, I'd have an Apocalypse force by now! But yeah, they're all my own invention and entirely unofficial. (With the exception of the Setheno's namesake, see below).

@Bjorn: I'd like to take sole credit for the naming of the Setheno, but there is actually an official Canoness Setheno (also known in universe as "The Gorgon" appropriately enough) who apparently purged her entire order on suspicion of heresy and now serves as a "Canoness-Errant" keeping an eye on the Ecclesiarchy for signs of corruption. She's a scary lady, and it seemed appropriate given the trend of "Second-Generation Baneblades" being named after famous Imperial figures that she'd get her own tank named after her. As for it being a unique chassis, this was pure wishlisting on my part, kind of "If GW is listening and wants my money, then...". You're absolutely right that it would make converting one up a royal pain though, especially if sticking solely to GW parts.

Regarding some of the other ideas, I would definitely agree that some fast attack and a flyer would be cool. For fast attack, I'd like to see an open-topped, lightly armoured but very fast and surprisingly well armed transport. Kinda like a WW2 half-track, both in role and appearance (though it could also work well as a skimmer). As for a flyer, whilst I'd agree a transport plane would be great. a dive-bomber/ground attack aircraft of some description would be very cool and thematic, especially if it had a sort of "one last strike" rule where if shot down it could try and plow into the nearest enemy unit. Perhaps call it the "Ophanim Strike Aircraft" (named after the "wheels of God's chariot" according to some biblical texts)?

I could also see, down the line.

Sisters feeling a super heavy slow moving flyer, that's literally a cathedral ship.

There was some recent art work with something like it in the background last year but I can't find it right now.

As for transports. I hope they are lightly armed to keep them cheap and practical. At most 3 storm bolters + transport capacity.

I don't want a repulsors situation for any other faction.

As for transports. I hope they are lightly armed to keep them cheap and practical. At most 3 storm bolters + transport capacity.

I don't want a repulsors situation for any other faction.

I mean, we already have Rhinos and Immolators, I wouldn't expect anymore transports. I'd honestly kind like a Land Raider/Repulsor equivalent, but I like heavy IFV's as a concept. Actually , given that Sisters seem to specialize in urban/close in combat, I could see a similar vehicle being kinda thematic. Kinda like the Israeli tank conversions, like the Azcharit and Namer

• 3 weeks later...

I had yet another idea, albeit much more low-key than some of my other, more ambitious plans.

Enyo-pattern Immolator:

[Fluff spoiler]

A variant of the common Immolator APC, the Enyo-pattern is most notable for replacing the usual armament of heavy flamers with heavy fumigator guns. Similar in function to the Bane Wolf's chem cannon, these weapons spray an atomised cocktail of caustic compounds, toxins and biochemical agents known as “Veneficide-C” across a wide area.

Extremely effective against Tyranids and Orks (even destroying the latter's spores), the pattern nonetheless is viewed with mistrust amongst even the most zealous of Orders. The effects of Veneficide-C are absolutely horrific, and it is considered a needlessly cruel weapon, to the point that the few Orders willing to use them will only deploy them when all other options are exhausted. In addition it is not always reliable; whilst the heavy fumigator gun spray is generally proofed against “blowback” as Veneficide-C is relatively dense, there is nonetheless the risk of collateral damage from drifting gas, and in addition the weapons require constant maintenance and integrity checks to avoid seals and pipes becoming corroded and leaking. Worst of all though, the vehicles' machine spirits are known for being particularly temperamental, with accidental discharges being alarmingly common.

As a result, many Orders believe the pattern's design is fundamentally cursed, and outright refuse to operate them; delivered examples usually end up mothballed, though allegedly Canoness Famelle Ginrette II of the Order of the Blessed Laurel was so appalled by them that she ordered all of the vehicles in their inventory destroyed. She is quoted as declaring “Such a device cannot be considered a weapon of the faith- it indiscriminately destroys all before it in a manner as vile and debased as the forces we are sworn to cast down, and so to operate these things would be both hypocrisy and an affront to Him on Terra.” though given the act of destroying Mechanicus-sanctioned war materiel would itself entail techno-heresy, this may be untrue.

Whatever the case, the vehicles have a fell reputation, not helped by the disturbing popularity of captured examples amongst traitor forces. It is suspected that at least one was reverse-engineered by the Dark Mechanicus, resulting in mass-production of “clones” of the pattern for use by the armies of Chaos.

[OOC/Crunch spoiler]

Pretty simple really, an Immolator with a weapon that functions in a similar manner to the Bane Wolf's chem cannon. So presumably always wounds non-vehicles on a 2+, but has negligible anti-tank ability. The name of the Forge World that creates this foul weapon is cribbed from one of the Greek "Grey Sisters", Enyo- which translates as "Horror". Likewise, "Veneficide-C" is pseudolatin nonsense based on "veneficus", Latin for "venom" (I think). Presumably the "C" stands for "Cripes!". Modelling would be easy enough, just replace the stock guns on an Immolator with suitably fumigator-y looking bits (maybe purloin the nozzles from Death Guard Plague Spewers and de-Nurgle them a bit) and make sure the gunner has a full helmet!

I would like to see a knight sized penitent engine, strapped with heretics seeking absolution: the Execration class superheavy walker. This rare machine may house the tortured consciousness of an arch-heretic or a repentant renegade space marine.

I like the idea of it having a guaranteed melt-down effect that spews radiation all over an area, effectively automatically exploding when destroyed but the damage does not harm other vehicle. This feature allows for the hull of the walker to be salvaged post-battle, while conveniently ensuring the death of all heretics aboard.

Have you seen the Raging Heroes War Pulpit?

It's pretty close to the knight you're looking for; you could use it as is, though some of the aesthetic cues don't line up- IF I ever did anything with it, I'd use the arms, legs and maybe even the head of an Armiger, just to make it look more like Imperial Technology. I would also magnetize the penitent sisters on the front so that I could play without the NSFW parts.

It was a project I had been seriously considering, along with getting a FW Acquisitor for my SoS. The tax return wasn't quite as big as I thought it would be though, so both of those projects are off the table. Saves me agonizing over house rules for them anyway.

This thing, with its potentially NSFW components?

It's pretty close to the knight you're looking for; you could use it as is, though some of the aesthetic cues don't line up- IF I ever did anything with it, I'd use the arms, legs and maybe even the head of an Armiger, just to make it look more like Imperial Technology.

Should the Ministorum priest be a passenger, like the Pope aboard the Popemobile? Or should he be the warsuit pilot, meaning we should omit the Armiger head so there's no question who's in control?

In the former case, the warsuit should have a "Martyrdom" Special Rule, i.e., killing the passenger (the Ministorum priest) will increase the warsuit's number of Attacks, but force the player to use them against nearest enemy models, as the warsuit pilot seeks redemption in death for failing to safeguard the priest.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

It's pretty close to the knight you're looking for; you could use it as is, though some of the aesthetic cues don't line up- IF I ever did anything with it, I'd use the arms, legs and maybe even the head of an Armiger, just to make it look more like Imperial Technology. I would also magnetize the penitent sisters on the front so that I could play without the NSFW parts.

I considered picking one or two of these up, actually. But it still isn't quite the dimensions of a knight.

I want a full-bore stompy, burn-y Lord of War that acts as a big reusable funeral pyre for heretics. Something the size of a paladin or warden knight. If I were going to mount heretics on the outside of it, I would either use bones Reaper zombies (they just look like emaciated dudes in loincloths) or maybe Menoth wracks from Warmahordes.

Edited by Azekai

I considered picking one or two of these up, actually. But it still isn't quite the dimensions of a knight.

I want a full-bore stompy, burn-y Lord of War that acts as a big reusable funeral pyre for heretics. Something the size of a paladin or warden knight. If I were going to mount heretics on the outside of it, I would either use bones Reaper zombies (they just look like emaciated dudes in loincloths) or maybe Menoth wracks from Warmahordes.

Yeah, something bigger would be cooler- I'd love to see what GW would come up with, but I'm not sure they'll ever get around to it. Gonna be up to us.

Should the Ministorum priest be a passenger, like the Pope aboard the Popemobile? Or should he be the warsuit pilot, meaning we should omit the Armiger head so there's no question who's in control?

In the former case, the warsuit should have a "Martyrdom" Special Rule, i.e., killing the passenger (the Ministorum priest) will increase the warsuit's number of Attacks, but force the player to use them against nearest enemy models, as the warsuit pilot launches seeks redemption in death for failing to safeguard the priest.

The way I had envisioned it was to have the priest be an official Missionary, straight out of the dex. His war hymns work on the Armiger.

The Penitents provide 2 additional ablative wounds.

Standard Warglaive loadout (Melta + Chainsword) BUT the organ is an exorcist launcher.

So the price = Warglaive + Missionary + Exorcist launcher + 10 (for the extra ablative wounds)

• 2 weeks later...

Not a SoB player but I like a lot of their stuff so here's my 2¢.

A light strike/fighter for CAS.

Roughly the size of a stormspeeder, maybe 10% smaller.

Standard weapons load.

Hvy bolter under each wing and one in the nose.

Upgrades

Wingtip missiles

Frag Hd6 S4 AP0 D1 blast

Krak H1 S8 AP-2 D d6

Replace nose bolter with

Multi-melta

Or

Heavy Flamer.

Make it look roughly like that crazy DA specific land speeder

M12-14" T6 WS5+ BS3+ W8 Sv3+

Base model 100-110 points

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven