Archeotech - OOC and General Discussion

Trokair

I've been really unwell, sorry about my lack of participation. I haven't dropped out, I'll get some IC stuff written up over the weekend I hope. It'll be a conundrum for my guy for sure; he's going to want the mountain site, but he definitely doesn't want anything to do with any curses.

I've been really unwell, sorry about my lack of participation. I haven't dropped out, I'll get some IC stuff written up over the weekend I hope. It'll be a conundrum for my guy for sure; he's going to want the mountain site, but he definitely doesn't want anything to do with any curses.

No worries, hope you are better now, or at least on the road to being so.

Do you think you will be in a position to do a story post soon, if so I can hold of the next update for a little while.

Ok, sorry guys, once again I find I am more than a week late with an updated than intended to be, I hope this isn’t detracting from the experience/your enjoyment of the game so far. By my planned sexual we should be knee deed into day 4 or 5 by now.

I will really try to keep on track going forward.

I have just posted a small update, causing a slight rerouting of the adventure, in part to buy me time to get myself back on track, and in part to give a little more time to those players who have also been otherwise occupied. I do fully intend to move forward and onward though.

Also, while there was some discussion as to which site to head for first I don’t think anybody actually picked one option over the others as their preference.

“Greetings,” he looks down at his datapad before continuing, “Survey Team East Five, I know that it is not part of your mission and contract, but as it will be some time yet before a suitable vessel can be organized for you I would like to request your assistance. We know the road eastwards is partially flooded and potentially washed away, but all we have had so far are reports from civilians that had to turn back. Would you be willing to go and inspect the site and report back so that we can appraise the responsible ministerial department back in Keringrat to start organizing repairs. You would of course be compensated for your time and effort.”

This is a completely optional side event. This is unplanned, but it seemed like an opportunity to give the players who are here a little more to do.

If you want to take part than the bike and the Achilles can go, the Goliath is to slow.

One person can ride the bike, and the Achilles can hold 2 (driver and passenger) if you want Orthal to come with you (as he takes up the entire back plate)

Alternatively Orthal can remain in town, in which case there is space for two more on the Achilles back plate.

Let me know what you want to do, and if you are going who wants to go. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know the game is having some teething problems, such as pacing and story advancements and that’s on me.

The biggest problem however seems to be engagement and here I don’t know if I am not doing the GMing right and the story is not entertaining enough or if there is something else.

I know people have busy lives, and they come first, but for everybody to be so absent I can’t help but think there is more to it.

So please, let me know what is not working out, what I can do to improve your experience of this narrative game or should I just pause it for a while until people have more time to take part?    

Thank you Petragor, and also those who sent me a PM to let me know your situations.

It looks like life is the main and dominant issue and right now continuing dose not really work.

As such I am pausing the game until the New Year or thereabouts, at which point I will see who has time to partake again, and see if additional/replacement players need to be sought.

That said, I aim to check the game on a weekly ish basis, so if you want to post story/character interaction and so on in the meantime (for example the continuation of the side quest that Kara, Mila and 9825 are on) then you can do so and where appropriate I’ll respond as GM (or Orthal if relevant).  

• 1 year later...

So I know it has been quite some time, so I was wondering if there was any interest to either continue or restart this adventure?

Back when I started this I only had a little RPG experience, and over the last year and a bit I have gained some more and would be better able to GM this ( I hope).

I am also more familiar with the FFG systems, so if this ends up restarting then rather than using a cobbled together 40k/necromunda rules set it probably be Dark Heresy or so.

So any interest to continue with or go Archeotech hunting again?

Edited by Trokair

As it is likely to be a restart of the game sure, plenty of space for new players. If it becomes too many I will give priority to players from first time round if they want to take part, but as the basic structure in the setup is scalable I do not foresee a problem.

If you are interest and so inclined you can have a quick read of the basic intro here: https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/370201-archeotech-%E2%80%93-setting-rules-and-characters/#comment-5696910
ignore the rules post and so on further down, as that is probably all out of the window, but the setting should still be vaguely right even if it week a few things for a second round at the game.

Once again, I can only state that this looks like a good romp :thumbsup: - I do regret that commitments force me to choose where I can participate, as I have a lot on my plate at the moment, but rest assured, I will certainly be watching for fun, adventure and Xin being exploded. :pirate:

• 2 weeks later...