The Warmaster Titan is revealed!

And for images:

The Warmaster Titan is for those times when even a Warlord is not quite big enough. It’s armed with a revelator missile launcher and a pair of plasma destructors, meaning there’s nothing that can stand up to its devastating firepower. 

oi2ZufEcxKoQvFZE.jpg

If you absolutely, positively have to destroy everything on the battlefield, you need the Warmaster Titan.

Tn8dD285gkDP6CI3.jpg

But just how BIG is the Warmaster? Take a look at it alongside its fellow god-engines, and you’ll see that even the word ‘mahoosive’ doesn’t quite do it justice.

KdV0D9OMLUdf4ddX.jpg

Also this:

Also coming soon for Adeptus Titanicus is the new Loyalist Legios book. It’s packed with all of the rules and background for 16 Loyalist Titan Legions and 12 Loyalist Knight Households.

WLJLyuW0t8V6Sp2T.jpg

With more lore than ever before and a range of Loyalist-specific Titan upgrades and Stratagems, this book is all you need to end the civil war swiftly. Oh, and don’t worry if you’ve thrown your lot in with the arch-traitor Horus – you’ll be getting your own book later in the year.

The real questions is this:

With how big the Warmaster is, how ridiculously massive will the Imperator be? O.o

Edited by Gederas

It's interesting that the armpit weapons are at roughly the same level as the Warlord's carapace mounts. I had been thinking, if this thing was big, if it would just be able to tower over the battlefield and most terrain? But it's actually designed so that anything that blocks LOS to a Warlord carapace mount will block LOS to this thing's equivalent sweaty pit guns.

It seems likely that both those and its larger carapace rotary missile launcher will have corridor arcs.

And it's tough to count the void shield generators, but it looks like at least 8? Probably 10?

Here's hoping we see some terminal reveals on Tuesday, and/or a look at some weapons cards...

Edited by LetsYouDown

Another cool detail about this thing is that it appears to have its class designator on its upper carapace above the head... With a Warlord it's usually crossed axes, a Reaver is a single battle-axe, Warbringers have often been a crossbow...

The Warmaster's symbol is a pair of crossed maces. The Warmaster's symbol is a pair of crossed Worldbreakers. That's awesome.

Another cool detail about this thing is that it appears to have its class designator on its upper carapace above the head... With a Warlord it's usually crossed axes, a Reaver is a single battle-axe, Warbringers have often been a crossbow...

The Warmaster's symbol is a pair of crossed maces. The Warmaster's symbol is a pair of crossed Worldbreakers. That's awesome.

That rules. Still not wild about the name but that's a splendid detail.

This big chap is increasingly giving me Battletech vibes. The armpit missiles, the skull head, the sort of 'elbows-in' pose from this particular build, the relative blockiness compared to the smoother lines of the other Mars-pattern titans, the flat front and the narrow profile, the monolithic silhouette that comes from its carapace not flaring out... It's not a bad thing but it's an interesting development.

Must admit, I do prefer the armpit turbolaser destructors & head from the Loyalist Legios book cover, the (apoc?) missile launchers just look a bit too bulky for the space

Guessing the armpit weapons & arm guns will both be paired so with the carapace missiles it's still just 3 weapon cards to fit with the current format? The rest contributing to a more powerful ardex defensor array.

I'm very curious to see what it looks like from the back, but really hopeful we get a bunch of interesting maniples to field it in.

With how big the Warmaster is, how ridiculously massive will the Imperator be? O.o

there are canonical statements that Imperators are twice the size of a Warlord, though it's unclear what point in the Imperator's height that's using: the shoulders? the highest point of the Cathedral? some point in-between?

the AT warlord stands about 5 inches(not counting carapace weapons), give or take depending on pose/stance, so the Imapartor will be about 10 inches, maybe a full foot tall if the tippy-top of some cathedral spires weren't part of that "twice as tall" estimate... 

Edited by RipOffProductions

Must admit, I do prefer the armpit turbolaser destructors & head from the Loyalist Legios book cover, the (apoc?) missile launchers just look a bit too bulky for the space

Guessing the armpit weapons & arm guns will both be paired so with the carapace missiles it's still just 3 weapon cards to fit with the current format? The rest contributing to a more powerful ardex defensor array.

I'm very curious to see what it looks like from the back, but really hopeful we get a bunch of interesting maniples to field it in.

I'm interested in the missiles housed between the shoulders/above the head... they didn't say antthing aboiut it, and the fact it isn't listed on the box(as well as how deeply intigrated into the model it is) implies it's a fixed feature of the Warmaster... special rule? or am I misunderstanding what those are and it's not a missile system at all?

there are canonical statements that Imperators are twice the size of a Warlord, though it's unclear what point in the Imperator's height that's using: the shoulders? the highest point of the Cathedral? some point in-between?

the AT warlord stands about 5 inches(not counting carapace weapons), give or take depending on pose/stance, so the Imapartor will be about 10 inches, maybe a full foot tall if the tippy-top of some cathedral spires weren't part of that "twice as tall" estimate...

The other piece that confounds Imperator measurements is that supposedly they didn't have as large of a cathedral during the Heresy, and instead just have kind of a fortress & battlements? To be honest, that never tracked with me when it was mentioned in the opening HH trilogy. It's almost a nonsensical statement, since the Mechanicum still openly worships the Omnissiah and would definitely have faith structures, especially on a GOD engine that is the penultimate representation of their overtly materialist religion...

If the Warmaster is about 134 feet tall, that's still not that big. Let's say the Imperator should be scale 20, which is exactly twice the scale of the Warlord. The Warlord has been described as over 30m, though it's varied depending on the source. I'm just going to call it ~100 feet. So the Imperator should be 200ft+ tall, ~70m. It would have roughly the height and footprint of the Sagrada Familia minus the spires (most of which aren't complete anyway). That's still not that big!!

Here's just an incredibly awful look at how that would compare...

PfwEpeB.jpg?1

so yeah, I do think some of the measurements that have been given for an Imperator are absurd. To completely make sense it should be even bigger. 300ft, 100m, scale 30. That's my thesis, thanks for reading. Or maybe the Sagrada is just that big (it is actually pretty huge from aerials). Also, I wasn't very careful with my estimates, so that line isn't necessarily placed accurately, and the building is seen from a low perspective in that pic. To be clear, I'm also not trying to argue that the Imperator should make sense. Insane proportions can be awesome too, and is a time-honored 40k tradition.

Edited by LetsYouDown

do you think it will go on the same base as the warlord?

the Warmaster? yes, there's enough room on the Warlord base for this big guy who barely fits on his in the pictures.

they'd need new firing arc templates if it didn't.

Depends. If it's scale 12, and I feel like it should be, then it should get a new base. Include the arcometer in the box, problem solved. I'd be very confused if they kept the same base at scale 12, as every other integer of 2 the bases have changed.

Guys, let’s keep the discussion on the Warmaster rather than the Imperator.

As far as the Warmaster model goes, its top looks a bit busy to me. Too many things going on and not enough surface for decals or some thick stripes like a Warlord. Also the head as depicted on the book cover of the Loyal Legions seems to be the best. :)

I love the look of this guy, and the size, as it gives a serious centre piece for an army. How long are we looking to wait for this guy to hit the shelves? It's not that I'm impatient. I just need one NOW. :D

The artwork on the Front cover of the Loyalist book also shows him with a different head and Turbo Lasers instead of missiles. Which is cool! as options are always nice to have. Even though it does mean more magnets!! Those defensive weapons look more like Battle Cannons than lascannons to me as well.

Still no sign of smaller titans though. :/ 

As far as the Warmaster model goes, its top looks a bit busy to me. Too many things going on and not enough surface for decals or some thick stripes like a Warlord. Also the head as depicted on the book cover of the Loyal Legions seems to be the best. :smile.:

Fair, it should be its own topic if we want to go there.

So far the head on the Loyalists supplement cover seems to be most peoples' favorite, and I'm in the same boat. I'm actually surprised they didn't use that one for Mortis? The mouth grille strongly resembles the gate icon... it just makes sense to me.

I also like how one of the heads is styled in a similar way to one of the chainfist Reaver heads.

Regarding surface area, keep in mind that there are probably a few alternate plates in this kit. Maybe not too many, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a blank version of the upper front plates with the opus and scrollwork, and there has to be a variant for the upper side plates with the Eye of Horus on them.

edit: Realized we could look at the Loyalist cover to check. There's definitely a Loyalist variant of the side plate with wings on it, at least.

I love the look of this guy, and the size, as it gives a serious centre piece for an army. How long are we looking to wait for this guy to hit the shelves? It's not that I'm impatient. I just need one NOW. :biggrin.:

The artwork on the Front cover of the Loyalist book also shows him with a different head and Turbo Lasers instead of missiles. Which is cool! as options are always nice to have. Even though it does mean more magnets!! Those defensive weapons look more like Battle Cannons than lascannons to me as well.

Still no sign of smaller titans though. :/ 

Fingers crossed that those shoulder case-mates have built-in positions for magnets. I wonder if they can traverse horizontally a little, too?

And, I think the fact that this thing exists at all is a good sign for the eventual arrival for smaller Titans. And possibly another large Titan class at scale 11, if this is 12?

Edited by LetsYouDown

As far as the Warmaster model goes, its top looks a bit busy to me. Too many things going on and not enough surface for decals or some thick stripes like a Warlord. Also the head as depicted on the book cover of the Loyal Legions seems to be the best. :smile.:

it looks better than the warbringer

I would guess that the armpit and carapace missile batteries might be modular.

And of course, they as much as said that there would be Traitor Legios book. It occurred to me that since they did the "BIG" Titan for the Loyalist book, it would make ironic balance if the smaller Scout Titan released with the Traitor book.

As far as the Warmaster model goes, its top looks a bit busy to me. Too many things going on and not enough surface for decals or some thick stripes like a Warlord. Also the head as depicted on the book cover of the Loyal Legions seems to be the best. :)

I agree with this. I like the model but there’s very little flat space to play with. That helps with stuff like Mortis with single-colour panels but it makes my life a bit harder for Astorum. There aren’t many places to put flames or astronomical designs.

The thing I really don’t like is shipping it with two of the same gun. That’s really lame in my opinion. Wish they’d learned the error of that with the Warlord.

I’m getting one of course. Looking forward to the challenge.