The Warmaster Titan is revealed!

I would guess that the armpit and carapace missile batteries might be modular.

And of course, they as much as said that there would be Traitor Legios book. It occurred to me that since they did the "BIG" Titan for the Loyalist book, it would make ironic balance if the smaller Scout Titan released with the Traitor book.

I would hope that Deamonic Titans would be the Traitor Legios book's gimmick, as that would be an exclusive unit.

But then again the Loyalist's isn't going to have a new exclusive unit in it either, and that one Legion with the Warhounds only gimmick does have their rules specify the scale between the Warhound and Reaver... so that would be nice to get.

As far as the Warmaster model goes, its top looks a bit busy to me. Too many things going on and not enough surface for decals or some thick stripes like a Warlord. Also the head as depicted on the book cover of the Loyal Legions seems to be the best. :)

I agree with this. I like the model but there’s very little flat space to play with. That helps with stuff like Mortis with single-colour panels but it makes my life a bit harder for Astorum. There aren’t many places to put flames or astronomical designs.

The thing I really don’t like is shipping it with two of the same gun. That’s really lame in my opinion. Wish they’d learned the error of that with the Warlord.

I’m getting one of course. Looking forward to the challenge.

I was thinking along the same lines for the flames as I am looking to grab one for my Fureans.

It will be rough to do the shin plates as they are broken up into many sections.

Looks great on Mortis however. But the challenge is there.

I agree with the thoughts about the panels looking busy. But if the other Titan kits are any precedent there should be options for blank carapace armour panels in the box, hopefully. So on the upper parts of the model there should be space for transfers, patterns and freehand. I hope so anyway, as that's what I enjoy most and it's crucial for some Legios' colours. If there aren't these options I'll probably scrape off the detailing myself.

The lower bit of the torso and the legs look trickier though. The shape of the panels just looks less like there'll be space for patterns and suchlike. Maybe that won't matter though, if you can do a lot of that stuff on the carapace.

I'll be very interested to see the rules for this thing. Manoeuvrability in particular, as obviously it will be tough and will have a ton of firepower. I wonder if it will be limited to only one turn?

I can't see it being any different from the Warlord in terms of speed and manoeuvrability. It certainly doesn't look like it's slower or made to look lumbering. The Warlord is already painfully slow so anything slower would make it a bit.... dull? Game-wise anyway.

I'll be interested to see the Command Terminal with increased Structure/Reactor/Shields. I hope they'll make some thick card ones and not limit it to the flimsy card ones you get in the box.

Hoping for a Legio Magna FAQ/clarification in the upcoming traitor book, because putting DPOs on those Plasma Destructors would be juicy as all hell.

Plasmatic Locomotors would be really great for Legio Mordaxis.

Not sure whether to add this beast to my Magna or Mordaxis...

Crucius finally has a plasma weapon that its Bi-folded Draining equipment works on! Ryzan pride at last. Honestly, their rules are really nice for this thing in general. I've thrown shade at them before, especially compared to Astorum, but they actually start to edge Astorum out in quite a few ways here.

6 Clades means you're more likely to be re-rolling at least one 1 each turn, smoothing out the variance in your repair rolls... and Astorum's ability only gives 1 re-roll here, as it specifically calls out Warlords normally.

That said, Astorum's still good here too. But it's nice to see a new Titan class add fresh dimensions to some things.

I'm pleasantly surprised each shoulder can be equipped independently!

though the fact that the carapace's missile launcher is limited to 4, when the model depicts at least 6, with hints that there could be more is distracting to me... well I can hand-wave that was princepts just being frugal... and it's likely a balancing decision...

EDIT: unless the thing is firing 2 missiles per attack, then it makes sense...

Edited by RipOffProductions

I strongly believe this is GW giving us the “imperator”

It’s design, number of hard points and additional reactor rules make me feel as though this is it. I appreciate that the imperator terminal could be similar with the towers etc but considering this is a only a heavy battle Titan and is SO radically different to the warlord I’m surprised. I expected a similar layout and feel to the warlord but up scaled.

I like it, don’t get me wrong but at over 1000+ Points to field it. I’m seriously reconsidering buying one as I generally play 1750.

I think seeing the rules for this really highlights how silly the apparent community focus on the Imperator is. If this is how much this costs in points, and how powerful it looks to be on the table, the Imperator would be for a different game. Like Apocalypse for Titanicus.

Which is why the constant demand for the Imperator is such a misapplication of fan focus. We should be clamouring for more titans at the light to medium scale.

Egads........ This thing is a monster. at around 1100pts I think I'm going to have to up my standard game size to 3000pts lol.

I really like that you can give it's shoulders different weapons as well. Also really happy that they can shoot at targets close up as they don't have the carapace trait..

Is it me though, are the weapon cards for its shoulders a little.........off? The melta cannon has the range of a Plasma Blastgun and less strength and the Plasma Blastgun has longer range and is more accurate (especially at long range).

So, anyone else thinking of giving this guy the overcharged cannon Strat on it's Plasma Destructor? Str15 with Fusion is quite funny. 

I agree Brother Adelard, but generally people also want big cool models to be fair. Now this is coming out, I certainly do want more scout class titans.

But this isn't like the 40k community laughingly screaming for a plastic thunderhawk, this is like blood bowl players demanding a huge resin squiggoth to hold the spectators. So yeah, cool model, but not one which will benefit the game, or be realistically affordable for 90% of the players.

I'd say that's a false equivalence - this can still be used on the table, in a game, as a Thunderhawk could be. A Blood Bowl squiggoth for the stands would be purely cosmetic. I don't see why it won't benefit the game overall - it's a nice model (ymmv), it's usable though mostly in larger games, it draws interest and excitement from a playerbase who, on the whole, want more titans and it does bring more variety even if it's use is limited.

It seems overall like a positive addition that can actively be used in the game. Will it be widespread? Not really. Will everyone aim to get 1 or more? Again very doubtful. I'm fairly sure enough people will like it and buy it however to keep support for the game going strong.