Primaris Captain with Relic Shield Conversions?

VIth

Anyone have examples of their Primaris Captain with Sword/Shield they care to share?  I'm going to be building one and trying to get some ideas.  I'm debating whether I should build from scratch of convert the Indomitus Captain.

I don't have a sword and shield captain to share,if I make one I'd probably use the primaris battle leader as the base, a frost blade from the firstborn space wolf upgrade sprue, a shield from the wulfen kit, and a holster from either the upcoming bladeguard kit or the assault Intercessor kit.

I'd go that route because I made my own bladeguard from assault Intercessors, grey slayer upgrade kits, and spare bits. If I had wolfed up the bladeguard kit I would just do the same with the captain.

I've not got round to it yet, because the one thing I don't really need is another Primaris Lord, but the Blizzard Shield from the Venerable Dreadnought kit is pretty much the same size as the shield from the Indomitus Captain (and a magnificent example of scale creep...!)

It should, with a bit of trimming and work, fit nicely and then you can do a head swap, sword swap and add any amount of furs, pelts and runes and it should look pretty neat.

Unfortunately I've been distracted by Thunderwolves, Sisters and Necrons and as I said, with a Primaris Captain with a Power Fist and Pistol, Ragnar and a Primaris Captain in Gravis Armour (alongside 2 Battle Leaders, a Rune Priest in Phobos Armour, a Bike Wolf Priest and a standard Primaris Wolf Priest) I don't really need another Primaris HQ!

Nice work killersquid, where is that decal on his shoulder shield from?

Thanks! The Decal is from the Space Wolf transfer sheet Games Workshop sells.

Did you paint the black diamond first?  I thought I had every SW Decal sheet apart from the Forge World one.

Nice work killersquid, where is that decal on his shoulder shield from?

Thanks! The Decal is from the Space Wolf transfer sheet Games Workshop sells.

Did you paint the black diamond first?  I thought I had every SW Decal sheet apart from the Forge World one.

The diamond is part of the transfer, pretty great sheet. I bought two thinking it'd go out of stock, but I'm lucky they kept it. Good for me too, as I use the Drakeslayers shoulder transfers.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Space-Wolves-Transfer-Sheet-2018