BattleKiwi terrain (and stuff)

Kierdale

A couple of weeks ago, I think it was on Instagram, I found the company `Battle Kiwi`, that makes pre-primed laser cut terrain (some with cool acrylic inserts/bits) plus tokens, templates and stuff.

Here's their website:

https://battlekiwi.com

I recommend checking their site.

It was the `Immortal Dynasty` series (#cough#Necrons#cough#) that grabbed my attention as I'm modeling my Orks fighting on a Tomb World. I got myself a `Nexus Sentinel` for NZ $25 (pretty good, I think) which is 6 1/4" tall and 3 1/8" wide.

gallery_63428_6841_118258.jpg

It arrived in the post today and the MDF was nice and smoothly primed black. The clear acrylic sheets are covered in a protective film on both sides to protect them, which is a nice touch. The MDF pieces came out of the sheets easily and it was easy to put together as a dry-fit. I'm going to spray the MDF bits metallic before I actually glue it together though.

Oh, another nice thing is that you can put a light inside (just don't glue it to the base board, so you can get to the light when you need to....or cut a whole in the baseboard. CORRECTION: there’s a hole already!). I might do that. Or stick some glow sticks in there...

Anyway, I thought I'd draw attention to the company as I'm well impressed with it so far. I'll post a pic when I've finished painting it.

=][= While this is neat, it's unfortunately not News, Rumors, or a Board Announcement. As such, I'm teleporting this to WIP's. You may protest at your own...peril.=][=

well ... lucky for me you carted it off to nowhere after i saw it cause if I hadn't seen this in news I would probably never have seen this...just sayin :whistling:

Mithril

Okay. :)

I already put the same contents in my own Terrain thread here in the WIP forum so you can close this thread if you like. I made this one in News for the purpose of directing people to the creator, letting them know about the new resource.

I just sent BattleKiwi a DM on twitter now suggesting that they make a thread in N&R on the B&C as, as the creator, that would be appropriate, no? I've seen other bitz manufacturers promoting in threads there (then again, I've been off the B&C for about a year, things may have changed).