+Event Announcement: Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2021+

Dosjetka

INCOMING EVENT

LIBER ASTARTES SWAP CHALLENGE 2021

Monday 1st February - Sunday 2nd May

[+++]

Greetings, fellow Liberites!

It is with great pleasure that I bring this announcement to you: after a first edition back in 2010, organised by @captain_shrike and @Ferrus Manus, and a second one over a year ago in 2019, organised by @Brother Cambrius, I am happy to organise the third iteration of this fun, creative event in the hopes that it'll get people writing, modeling and painting!

Similar to the previous event, this event will champion the writing of fresh Chapters of Adeptus Astartes or Warbands of the Heretic Astartes. However, if you already have a Chapter/Warband posted here in the Liber and don't feel like creating something from scratch, you may also revisit and update your existing article instead.

Now, to make things easier to organise and run, the event shall be divided into two distinct phases.

PHASE 1 (2 months, 1st February - 29th March)

Participants who enter the challenge must submit an article that describes the history and customs of their DIY Chapter/Warband by Monday 29th March 23:59 in their timezone.

Much like Cambrius before me, I am loathe to put a minimum word count requirement on this challenge. The bare minimum should cover the core tenets of your Chapter/Warband, along with a selected history, a colour scheme (using the B&C's very own digital painting tools or GW's Primaris heraldry card), a Chapter/Warband symbol (description or image), and whatever other details you deem necessary for someone to be able to build and paint a model representing a Space Marine from your Chapter/Warband.

For examples of what's expected, I'd recommend checking out

If you're still not sure if your Chapter/Warband fits within the above requirements, drop a message here on in my inbox, and I'll get your sorted as soon as I can. :smile.:

As mentioned earlier, you may choose to instead update an existing Chapter/Warband of yours and submit it by the same deadline and following the same basic requirements.

[!] Important note [!] -> when you submit your vow, please also state what type of Space Marine (Firstborn, Primaris, and/or Heretic) you can assemble and paint during Phase 2.

This is very important because not everyone has all of the aforementioned options and it would be a shame if someone got lumped with an Ultima-Founding Chapter but doesn't have any spare Primaris to paint, or a Warband but only has loyalist Space Marine bits.

PHASE 2 (1 month, 29th March - 2nd May)

Participants who complete Phase 1 must then submit at least one picture of a single assembled model painted in the colours of the Chapter/Warband that was randomly assigned to them by yours truly by Sunday 2nd May 23:59 in their timezone.

Further details about this shall be posted closer to the start of Phase 2 but rest assured, it's all quite simple. :smile.:

[+++]

Now it is time to start thinking and planning your entries so that once Monday 1st February comes around, you can hit the ground running, all guns blazing. :wink:

In the meantime, if you have any questions, post them here. Take care and see you in a few days' time! :biggrin.:

Count me in as I was already planning on working on and updating my Voidborn article from last time this year, this seems like an excellent opportunity to get me to actually do it and not get sidetracked.

Or maybe I could do a Warband to oppose the Vodiborn. Choices choices.

I'M IN:woot:  What a great way to start the year off. Perfect timing Brother Dosjetka:yes:

Brother Cambrius' awesome 2019 swap challenge really energized my passion for 40K and all things Space Marine. Then 2020 came with all of it's real world problems, and a lot of my hobby energy had to be diverted to other challenges. This is just what I need to revitalize. Thanks for this Dos.

I'll echo Brother Argent's question. Will multiple entries be allowed?

To echo my brothers, your timing is perfect here, Dos. Did you consult the Emperor's Tarot? :laugh.:

I was just working out some background details for one of my Chapters, and wondering when I should start really getting to work on them.

Now, it seems the answer presents itself. :biggrin.:

I'll need to rummage through my bitz box too - I'm not sure I have any heretic stuff left, so I might have to be 'Loyalists only' this year. :sweat:

It seems like the Emperor guides my hands once again. ;)

Argent & Lunkhead: You may indeed submit multiple entries though be sure to not chew off more than you can chew. :tu:

Ace: Good to see you enthusiastic about this: I was secretly hoping I'd be able to reel you in with this. :D

Considering I'm tagged in the original post, I feel like it would be rude not to get involved. 

With the Lions Eternal (Arctic Lions) turning 14 this year I will enter with them, time to re-work them into the new era of Primaris. 

Very much looking forward to diving back in the Liber and getting re-acquainted with faces new and old!

EDIT: Damn, didn't read the post properly. Happy to assemble any and all types of power armoured warriors for Phase 2.

Edited by Ferrus Manus

I might have to be 'Loyalists only' this year. :sweat:

Now that's heresy! :tongue.:

I may end up participating again this year (if nothing else I should touch up and/or update my Dawn Blades, for whom I had an amazing idea to make them a lot more metal), and maybe resubmit my Thunder Coyotes and Omega Cohort who were some of the few chapters that didn't get models.

Plus, as the previous Co-Master of Arms w/ Brother Argent I suppose I have something of an obligation to participate :biggrin.:.

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

-emerges from another wild and maddening warp jump-

Well met, brothers and sisters!

So I've been very much lost in the Warp of dealing with COVID protocols and such with my work and it's drained a lot of my energies and resources that would go into my 40k enjoyment, including being more active here in these hallowed halls. Hopefully this event that has been so kindly taken up by Dosjetka will help to maybe relight the fire that has been burning out to mild embers and ash. I do have some fine ideas for one Primaris chapter...

Brother Cambrius' awesome 2019 swap challenge really energized my passion for 40K and all things Space Marine. Then 2020 came with all of it's real world problems, and a lot of my hobby energy had to be diverted to other challenges. This is just what I need to revitalize. Thanks for this Dos.

... Oh, oh wow. :blush.:  There is no higher praise than that, I'm so glad that the previous LASC helped energise your 40k and Astartes passions. Made all that effort worthwhile.

Considering I'm tagged in the original post, I feel like it would be rude not to get involved. 

With the Lions Eternal (Arctic Lions) turning 14 this year I will enter with them, time to re-work them into the new era of Primaris. 

Very much looking forward to diving back in the Liber and getting re-acquainted with faces new and old!

EDIT: Damn, didn't read the post properly. Happy to assemble any and all types of power armoured warriors for Phase 2.

Ahh an old face to see in here once more (and one that helped inspire me to run LASC back in 2019). Great to see you Ferrus, I';m looking forwards to seeing how the Lions have grown in these dark and tumultuous times in 40k.

Cambrius

Since I had already intended to peruse the Liber for some chapters to bring into my Deathwatch in the near future, this sounds exciting!

Much like Cambrius before me, I am loathe to put a minimum word count requirement on this challenge. The bare minimum should cover the core tenets of your Chapter/Warband, along with a selected history, a colour scheme (using the B&C's very own digital painting tools or GW's Primaris heraldry card),

Would a painted mini also work as illustration?