Black Guard W.I.P

Tavus Wrack

So the plan is to paint a Raven Gaurd Successor Chapter known as the Black Guard

The Scheme:

Screenshot-20210104-112841-impcat.jpg

So far we have Base coast applied, First layer, recess shading & first set of highlights.
BG-WIP.jpg

I've got some edge highlighting to do and the rest of the scheme but at the moment I am still waiting on paints but I am loving these new (New to me) contrast paints.

Massive shout out to: JuanHidalgo Miniatures for his contrast tutorials.

Small Update:

So I had a spare body laying around and I quite fancied trying some form of Grimdark effect (not sure I'm going to pull this off yet.
But here is what the base colour looks like with a bit of Streaking Grime added:

20210204-212014.jpg

So thoughts are -
1. Semi finish models I have and throw on the Streaking Grime as per test model
2. Get base colours down, Throw on Streaking Grime and work out highlights of stipple on colour to look like scratches coming through
3. Other??
4. Not bother

Edited by TheJester

If 2 is how you got your test to come out that is what I would go with. It looks really good! 

The scheme looks cool, but given that they are called the Black Guard, shouldn´t they be, well, black:happy.: :teehee:

Kyknos: The picture at the top is the Black Guard's official scheme. Here is the link to their lexicanium article: https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Black_Guard

Phase 1 of weathering complete and some details going on:

WIP-3.jpg

The base colour for the leather complete highlighting and edge highlighting to do.
Base work for Metal parts semi-complete.

Paints coming through now, slowly but coming through. Need to stop looking at other chapters as getting drawn to them...

Edited by TheJester