Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Beginnings of the KHAR AYANGA - White Scars 5th Brotherhood

white scars primaris

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Bjornas

Bjornas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 144 posts

After many hours of painting and re-painting white, I've finally finished the first six members of my Covid project. White Scars are an old love for me so it's great to get back to them. More to come in the future (next 5 intercessors finished approx 2022 lol), for example I got some cool plans for a shaman apothecary.

The origins of the KHAR AYANGA (“black thunder”) taskforce

The Khar Ayanga hail from a group of tribes living at the base of a Chogorian mountain chain, which they frequented for hunting, protection and religious rituals. A spiritual people, they were closely connected to the multitude of animal gods in the region and, above all, to the god of the heavens.

Prior to the assault on Chogoris by Huron Blackheart, the mountain tribes had a long history of loyalty to the chapter and had bred generations after generations of strong recruits. However, the Broken Mountain Massacre nearly severed this heritage, as the Red Corsairs issued heavy bombardment on the mountain chain and sent a horde of daemons and cultists to swarm the survivors. The last few thousands of tribesmen were surrounded on the flattened remains of what was previously one of the central mountaintops, it giving them protection for one last time just as the Primaris Marines dropped from the skies to wreak havoc on the Chaos minions.

Mad with feelings of sorrow and want for revenge, the able survivors were recruited into the Fifth Brotherhood of the White Scars due to their affinity with the elements. Fittingly, the brotherhood’s company colour suited the temper with which they swore their oaths of loyalty and vengeance. When all the beauty they had known in the world had been pulverized, burnt and ridiculed by the foulest of enemies, only one feeling remained inside their chest to guide them: Thunder. Black thunder.

8.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

Sorry for the unprofessional pics, lacking lightbox etc, but hopefully you get the idea smile.png

/Bjornas

• RolandTHTG, war009, Dosjetka and 11 others like this
QUOTE (Gordofski @ Jan 14 2009, 03:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (captain_shrike @ Jan 14 2009, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I've just sliced my finger while scraping some flash....its pretty deep I can tell... What shall I do?

Naturally, post on an internet forum about it.

WIP White Scars, close to 750 points atm.

Famous last words: RUNWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

gaurdian31

gaurdian31

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 671 posts

These are lovely! How did you do the white on the armor? What is your recipe? 

sml_gallery_39629_12080_1553.gifgallery_48988_16308_20607.pngsml_gallery_48988_16024_820.png

Brother Dallo

Brother Dallo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,688 posts
  • Faction: Angels Encarmine
Those are really impressive. Roll on 2022 to see the next five.

Dallo

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03B_Custos_Fidei.jpg 

So yeah, long story short.

Dallo <- Blame that guy.

Obscura, on 08 Mar 2016 

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,690 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Great job on the models! The skulls mounted as trophies atop the Marines' backpacks, are welcome additions.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Ahrimanjjb

Ahrimanjjb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 72 posts
Stunning stuff, really liking the extra touches to make them not quite as clean cut as the baseline Primaris.

Really old projects!:

The Ruin of Prospero - Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons Project
Tempered Steel, Darkened Souls - Iron Warriors Project

Horus' Own - Epic Heresy Era Sons of Horus Project

Bjornas

Bjornas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 144 posts

Thanks, guys! Pretty excited for how this project will develop!

These are lovely! How did you do the white on the armor? What is your recipe? 

It's GWs "how to paint white armour" recipe, Ulthuan Grey basecoat, Agrax Earthshade in the recesses, and pure white highlights. I especially like the Agrax part since it gives a warmer and more interesting feel to the armour, compared to a grey or black wash.

Stunning stuff, really liking the extra touches to make them not quite as clean cut as the baseline Primaris.

Thanks, yea it's a fine line to tread between baseline Primaris and just making them white Space Wolves, which I'm trying to avoid.

QUOTE (Gordofski @ Jan 14 2009, 03:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (captain_shrike @ Jan 14 2009, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I've just sliced my finger while scraping some flash....its pretty deep I can tell... What shall I do?

Naturally, post on an internet forum about it.

WIP White Scars, close to 750 points atm.

Famous last words: RUNWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,252 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands Legion
Super solid work, the top knots and skulls add a lot of character.

Baer79

Baer79

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts

really amazing, very nice painting. Love them

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: white scars, primaris

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users