Slaanesh - what should I get next?

ServoBadger

I have a small amount of Slaanesh stuff that I bought for AoS... and then everyone I know stopped playing AoS. A friend of mine is mad keen on me playing Slaanesh in 40k, so I need to build up to a 2k army.

This is what I've got currently:

Keeper of Secrets with Sinistrous Hand

2 x Infernal Enrapturess

2 x 10 Daemonettes

2 x 3 Fiends

2 x 5 Seekers

Any suggestions on what to get, what unit sizes I need, how many banners/icons/whatever I need in there would be gratefully received.

Thanks!

Agreed, you need a lot more Daemonettes as they're the core of a list. They're also rather squishy so don't last long, meeting the minimum of a Battalion is only the start for horde type armies with their light infantry. More so when your Troop unit is purely close combat.

Musicians are worth the points as that extra to advance and charge goes a long way (even though I keep forgetting it... don't do that :tongue.: ), the icon sadly less so I feel. For what you get it is too expensive you may as well spend the points on an extra Daemonettes? :confused: I'd look at squad sizes of 14+ for Daemonettes, you need to weather shooting before you can get to stabbing. A Herald goes far for buffing them (I need to sort this too, as S3 makes for hard work killing things).

Over 20 is good (as in more so losing a model doesn't lose the bonus) but I'm not sure on this yet as they're easy to kill and any opponent with half a brain and a half decent list can target them to bring them below 20 easily enough. I think this needs multiple/all squads to be comfortably over 20 to have a decent shot at pulling the bonus off, hopefully some with more experience here can help :thumbsup:

For additions to your collection beyond Troops I think you have a decent enough selection for current units so it'd be best to look at new additions. A Herald as noted will be good for their aura, as well as a cheaper HQ choice. Soul Grinders look good and are capable, not to mention adding some much needed AT heavy hitting which Slaanesh is in desperate need of (plus shooting). You may want to consider Chariots also though I don't know a great deal about them so can't offer much here.

Don't forget to share some pictures of your models :biggrin.:

Let me put the TLDNR version first: 20-40 more Daemonettes, Syll'Esske, a Herald, possibly a Herald on a chariot.

My local group plays at 1000, I'm usually taking 50-60 Daemonettes at that point value. What I don't see is a reason to take a Battalion at 1000 point, a patrol will work fine and save you from having to take three small Daemonette squads instead of one or two big ones. I also take Syll'Esske and banners consistently; the change to psychology so a 1 always passes reduces the necessity of the banner, but having basically a 1/3 to return models to play on two big squads sometimes lets them stay in the fight a lot longer than they should. Of course if I'm taking Syll'Esske I might not have the points for a KoS, and a Herald of a Chariot to buff my Seekers and Fiends fills in there.

And Syll'Esske is an absolute beast.

What I find I struggle with is objective holders, particularly backfield. Fiends sometimes help there but they're fragile and can't do several secondaries. At 2000 it might be a different story but at 1000 I also have a hard time justifying a soup detachment to help out there, I've been looking at both a Soul Grinder and Furries instead. Furies are ugly, ugly models though, I'm looking Daughters of Khaine for an alternative. ...I can't actually recommend buying either unit yet, but I think they have potential.

Edited by TheNewman

I nice 1000 points list:

Syll

Herald on Chariot

2x30 Daemonettes with Instrument and Icon

2x2 Fiends

5 Furies

Instrument is a must have, especially for Slaanesh. An Icon is only worth it when a unit is maxed out, if there is still a bit of room left then get 2 more Daemonettes instead.

Syll gives you so much, just take him when using loads of Daemonettes. +1S, reroll 1s to hit, Locus, reroll morale (better chance for Icons to work). In addition he is a beast in CC as well.

Chariot is faster and tougher than a regular Herald and the +1S spreads much further thanks to the big base size. Can be replaced by another Herald variant if you need the points though.

Fiends are amazing and can win games just by tying stuff in combat so that your units can not be shot at.

5 Furies don't do much in battle, but they can perform actions, grab/hold objectives or harass your opponent.

And with 71 models at 1000 points a lot of opponents will struggle to kill you in time. Even if they manage to get rid of everything, if it is to late he has problems catching up on points.