40mm round bases.

INKS

I am just noticing this now. (it may have been this way for some time) But it seems like a lot of models are now on this larger base? Characters I guess I understand but even the new eradicators - 3 to a box are on these bases. is there a reason? I noticed the sniper scouts which are 3 to a box are also on these bases. 

I am just noticing this now. (it may have been this way for some time) But it seems like a lot of models are now on this larger base? Characters I guess I understand but even the new eradicators - 3 to a box are on these bases. is there a reason? I noticed the sniper scouts which are 3 to a box are also on these bases.

The Eradicators and other Gravis-Armoured units are broadly equivalent to Terminators which have been on 40mm bases for many years now. The logic there is bigger bulkier suits = bigger base.

The Eliminators do feel weird on them though, to me at least. I presume it's because of the high value/low squad size but I find it incongruous that a supposedly stealthy unit has a much bigger per-model footprint than all the other Phobos-wearing units.

I guess I just wish we had some degree of consistency. Sisters of Battle are as bad, you have infantry models that are all the same scale as each other on FOUR different base sizes.

The reason is, they're larger and higher-value than their slimmer brothers. Gravis marines have the big bulky suit, and Eliminators have their long rifles, cloaks, kneeling poses; Both would hang way off a 32mm.But hey, why not put my Redemptor on 2x 25mm bases, eh?

Sure the bases are appropriate for the size of model, but the real question is, are the models getting too big? I mean I know scale creep has been around since the 90s, and I know terminators have been on 40mm a good while, but tables just got smaller, bases getting bigger, seems like it must have an impact on manoeuvring in the game?

thank you all for the answers. I've known that Terminators are on 40mm bases. I guess it's odd to me to see these other units on them as they don't seem as bulky as terminators. on the other hand I don't own any of those units so maybe they are just as bulky as terminators.

Sure the bases are appropriate for the size of model, but the real question is, are the models getting too big? 

Im still rocking my 1st ed Greater Daemons and I aint stopping just because the new ones are massive.. 

I’m still rocking my 1st ed Greater Daemons and I ain’t stopping just because the new ones are massive..

I hope they are on 40mm square bases! Post pictures!

My Great Unclean One is, the Keeper of Secrets is on an old chariot base until I get round to making a proper base for it. Ill get a pikky of them tomorrow when the lights better.