Rise of the d3 Damage Weapon?

Dark Shepherd

i hope there isn't a massive proliferation of D2 and D3 weapons...especially with the number of armies that primarily have only 1 wound on most of their infantry...

Those armies would be good candidates for having D3 + X dmg weapons options to compensate for only being 1 wound to balance them out, in addition to lower per model points costs. D3 to fixed D2 is a fair fix for D3, D3 + X dmg is the real buff to such weapons.

I just want to make sure I understand this. The idea is that an army made up of primarily 1 wound models would have access to a number of D3+X weapons so they'd effectively be the scissors to the paper of an army made up of 2/3 wound models with 2D/3D weapons?

Basically it's a hope for big buffs for Xenos factions dmg output, balanced by the classic 1W, T3, 4-6+, and invuln save for the elite infantry. Surely people are tired of MEQ profiles and linear dmg curves we are grinding through now ?

Why does the amount of damage per wound inflicted matter if the majority of your army is one wound models ?

because your more elite units and HQs are going to be lower wounds as well.

Wounds were given to vehicles so they can’t be destroyed by one shot while something like a Riptide keeps on chugging along.

and? That's kind of the point of anti-tank weapons...to flat out kill tanks...

So you like the idea of anti tank weapons being able to "flat out kill" tanks in one shot, but you dislike the idea of anti infantry weapons being able to "flat out kill" your infantry in one shot? :facepalm:

Anyway, this is OT so I won't mention anymore. 

This thread's been pretty useful for me in reassessing D3D weapons, which I had pretty much written off.

Edited by Xenith

Wounds were given to vehicles so they can’t be destroyed by one shot while something like a Riptide keeps on chugging along.

and? That's kind of the point of anti-tank weapons...to flat out kill tanks...

but it’s okay that Riptides couldn’t be one shot?