Shoulder Pads for Primaris

techsoldaten

Alright. I have a bunch of Primaris models incoming, want to make sure I know what I'm doing.

Can someone check my logic on these modelling options?

For Intercessor-style troops:

- You can use regular DW shoulder pads for the left and right arms

For Aggressor-style troops:

- You can use Terminator DW shoulder pads for the left arm

- The right arm typically does not have a raised chapter insignia

Does this sound correct?

Also - where's a good source of Terminator-style DW shoulder pads? I currently have 11, need about 20 more to complete this army.

The normal and terminator shoulder pads from the Deathwatch upgrade sprue do indeed fit Primaris Intercessors (and related models) and Gravis models respectively. The Deathwatch upgrade sprue is also the best source for such pads as the only other kit with some is the Deathwatch veteran’s kit, which as a slightly different style of normal pads that work fine.

Unfortunately said upgrade sprue only has 2 terminator pads, so you will need a few. If you are very very lucky you may find Deathwatch Terminator box on ebay or similar which comes with three upgrade sprue for the cost of normal terminators plus a little bit more (but not three sprues worth more.)

If you are happy to use non GW product have a look for 3D printer pads/3rd party casts.

Do note that due to angles of arms and bulky backpacks (especially on inceptors) the Deathwatch Terminator pads won’t fit easily as the raised bit will get in a way, on mine I had to trim two or three pads a little at the back of the raised bit to make them fit

Edited by Trokair

Thank you for the advice!  DW modelling options are just slightly less complex than Chaos.

Unfortunately, find myself in the situation of needing more Terminator shoulder pads. I already have 6 upgrade sprues and worry about the cost.

I've looked at bitzbox and a few other bitz dealers, they were out of shoulder pads. Anyone know of any bits sites where they can buy the Terminator shoulder pads? 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the advice! DW modelling options are just slightly less complex than Chaos.

Unfortunately, find myself in the situation of needing more Terminator shoulder pads. I already have 6 upgrade sprues and worry about the cost.

I've looked at bitzbox and a few other bitz dealers, they were out of shoulder pads. Anyone know of any bits sites where they can buy the Terminator shoulder pads?

Check out Shapeways, you can get a sprue of just Terminator style DW padd 3D printed.