+Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2021: Event AAR (p.7)+

Dosjetka

Gee, thanks for the panic attack, Doctor! :teehee:

Fortunately I think I have seeds of updates lying around in my articles I can encourage to grow. The Omega Cohort especially, I think, has some interesting paths to take.

Is it possible to vow an article for a warband of a Legion? I wouldn't mind vowing to finish up and polish my Iron Warriors' article, but the paint scheme is largely the same as the standard IW - except for ice blue eye lenses instead of red.

Just noticed I never got back to you on this... I'm very sorry! :ph34r: :sweat:

Yes, that's absolutely fine! You only have ~24 hours left but you can still join if you'd like to!

So with the Star Leopards expanded/reworked slightly (and cursed by stupid BBC coding...)  and the Warborne done to a note stage I think I am going to call it.  I doubt I will get the Warborne expanded on before the end of the Challenge and definitely wont get another loyalist done, as I haven't even decided on what one to do.

I do still intend on painting what I need to for the Challenge, however.  And if there are others whom miss out or still want to take a crack at the Warborne or whatever needs then I am happy to cover their Chapters.  I intend on still painting five others if I can.

If the organizers are happy I can throw in one of my older Chapters whom haven't had a rework as of yet; such as the Iron Heralds or the Lion Warriors.

Sorry again but I have been focussing on other events/commitments.  For once I wasn't entirely procrastinating...

Okay so for reference:

LOYALIST:

STAR LEOPARDS - Reworked and retweaked.  Still needs a bit more polish but should be sufficient to give someone an idea.  Will rework further over the following weeks.

LION WARRIORS - Saved from the DDDoL (since 2015) I have dragged these guys into the light and started the rework.  Lots more to do here but hopefully is good to go (Dos let me know if otherwise)

WARBORNE - A long time coming.  Just notes at this stage but watch this space (probably tomorrow).

RENEGADES:

ANGELS OF DECAY - Reworked nicely.  I feel these guys are at a good point for any whom manage to get lumped with them.  Will post a pic up of some regular guys at some point.

WHITE TALONS - Taken from notes to something actually usable.  Have probably done the most work on these but there is lots more to do.

I am loving being back and writing my IA's.  I will, when I get a spare moment from trying to write/rework 5 in a week or so, get around to reading and commenting on the amazing articles that have appeared of recent.  I will, of course, need to keep working on these guys.  And the Silver Swords, Interdictors, Angels of Evisceration... Oh and my Khorne and Tzeentch renegades.  Oh and WAAAAAGH! Runtkilla, Craftworld Yme-Loc, the New Eden Rifles, Order of the Martyr Redeemed, Forgeworld Milivia Secundus... 

It seems the Liber calls and this dusty old relic is coming home...

Resilience and endurance are the tenets of all Astartes. As such, despite the intensities of life beyond the B&C absolutely draining my creative juices dry, I'm proud to say that I've added a substantial amount more on my Death Casters for this event prior to the final end of this most prestigious events. Glancing over everyone's entries in the times I've had to spare have been giving me plenty of smiles in seeing what this wonderful place can produce.

Now to see if I can rustle up one more from the Cambrius Archives...

Cambrius

I, Doctor Perils, vow upon the honour of my Warband, the Dawn Seers, to write a short article describing their character and heraldry to the Liber Chaotica by 1st April 2021. I also vow to complete one (1) miniature of a Chapter/Warband randomly assigned to me by the organiser by 2nd May 2021.

Should I fail, I vow to wear the badge of shame until I have redeemed myself in the eyes of the Liber.

I can participate with any of the suggested factions

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/369798-dawn-seers-lasc2021/?p=5685211&do=findComment&comment=5685211

As usual, I was interested in participating in this challenge, but I was worried that other things would prevent me from completing the challenge. I was hedging my bets, working on the material without vowing my participation, until some stuff came up and I figured I wouldn't be able to participate. And then we were given an extension and the mods triple dog dared me, so without further ado...

med_gallery_26_16979_178139.jpg

:sweat: ........ Article 1 (Hospitallers Militant) is submitted and can be found here. Its not of a quality that I'm happy with but it gets basic story across.

I'm currently finishing up Article 2 (Liberation Knights) and Emperor willing, I'll be able to submit it before the deadline tonight. 

For both articles, I'll be adding more details as time permits. I should have more examples of livery added tomorrow and illustrations of heraldry next week. More details concerning history and other details will be added as time permits. Finish or no, this has been a lot of fun..... in a scary, high speed, last minute sort of way:eek: :biggrin.:

Finish or no, this has been a lot of fun..... in a scary, high speed, last minute sort of way:eek::biggrin.:

If you’re not running up against a deadline by a razor thin margin, you’re not Libering properly.

Daimyo has a point here. I got up the basics of the Warborne by deadline and will be adding more today but if you aren't typing out the last 1000 words at 11:59PM on the last day of the challenge you cant call yourself a Liberite.