+Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2021: Event AAR (p.7)+

Dosjetka

Aaaaand Article 2, The Liberation Knights crosses the finish line, limping and gasping:sweat: :turned: Thanks Brother Dos for the extra time. Your work misfortune was my blessing here. Hope all is well for you. For those still racing the deadline, courage and perseverance to you all:thumbsup:

Edited by Brother Lunkhead

I think, I failed. I only managed to add one section (founding) to my article. Well, better luck next time, I guess.

From what I've seen it still gets (at least some) of the identity over, so it passes in my book ;) still have to post my C&C for yours and a few others, I'll try to get on it over the next week

I think, I failed. I only managed to add one section (founding) to my article. Well, better luck next time, I guess.

From what I've seen it still gets (at least some) of the identity over, so it passes in my book :wink: still have to post my C&C for yours and a few others, I'll try to get on it over the next week

It´s basically the old article with an added section, though.

From what I've seen it still gets (at least some) of the identity over, so it passes in my book :wink: still have to post my C&C for yours and a few others, I'll try to get on it over the next week

It´s basically the old article with an added section, though.

The key thing for the LASC is that your article/post displays a suitable amount of information on who your Chapter/Warband are and their character to help whoever gets yours to create a miniature of for Phase 2. It doesn't matter if it is old stuff or new. :)

And looking at your article, there is aplenty there to pass Phase 1, so all looks well, Brother.

Cambrius

PHASE 2 (1 month, 2nd April - 2nd May)

Participants who have completed Phase 1 must then submit at least one picture of a single assembled model (or more if they pledged more) painted in the colours of the Chapter/Warband that was randomly assigned to them by yours truly by Sunday 2nd May 23:59 in their timezone.

I'm glad to announce that almost everyone has completed Phase 1, with the exception of Ferrus Manus who has been contacted via PM as the only thing missing is a colour scheme and symbol, so if they add those soon, they'll count as having completed the challenge. Since I barely made the cut with my extremely barebones article, I'll be painting two models instead of one. If Ferrus Manus bows out, I'll replace painting their Lions Eternal with the Chapter/Warband they were assigned.

Anyway. Congratulations to everyone for completing your articles in the given time! It's great to see so many creations and I'm looking forward to reading them all once I have a bit more spare time! :biggrin.:

Now, here's the part that everyone has been waiting for...

Ace Debonair: Lions Eternal (LA)

AHorriblePerson: Liberation Knights (LA)

Brother Argent: Sizerbakc's Scourers (LC) - Imperial Hunters (LA) - Strigoi (LA) - Omega Cohort (LA) - Dawn Seers (LC)

Brother Cambrius: Warborne (LA)

Brother Lunkhead: Dawn Blades (LA) - White Talons (LC)

Brother Tyler: Lion Warriors (LA)

Bruce Malcom: Angels of Decay (LC)

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch: Dread Lords (LA) - Star Leopards (LA) - Twilight Wardens (LA)

Doctor Perils: Argent Praetorians (LA) - Black Psalm (LC)

Dosjetka: Champions of Athlum (LA)

Ferrus Manus: Fire Claws (LA)

Halandaar: Death Casters (LA)

Kyknos of Athena: Hospitallers Militant (LA)

Trokair: Thunder Coyotes (LA)

Zebulon: Bound Intent (LC)

If there are any issues with these assignments, please let me know ASAP so I can sort a solution out but I think I did things correctly. :smile.:

Good luck with the next part of your vows and I very much look forward to seeing everyone's painted models! :biggrin.:

Oooh I get to do one of Brother Argent's this time? Awesome! :D I'll strive to make a worthy Primaris Warborne for you, Reclusiarch. :tu:

Regarding Ferrus Manus' submission, if the colours have not altered, I think the heraldry is still viewable in the 1000 Chapter Gallery that Philip S. created, under their old name of the Arctic Lions?

Cambrius

No, it’s fine, Brother Argent! I did in fact get the Star Leopards, the only thing is I have to find the specific scheme I used last time to make Sgt. Nelix match up with his new battle-brother (contemplating making a Primaris, I will say).

Just a FYI I believe Daimyo got the Star Leopards last time. At least I think he did, last few years are a random blur. He may want something different. Or not, but that is up to him.

Can confirm it was DPL who got the Star Leopards last time. I'm happy to rotate mine with his. :)

Cambrius

Dawn Blades looks fun and interesting, as does the White Talons. However, I painted up a White Talons mini for the 2019 LASC. Can I use the same figure again or should I paint up a new White Talon:whistling:

Or I can fish out one of my many other Chapters, loyalist or otherwise, you could do.  Means you would need to wait a few days or so for me to get their article up though.

EDIT: That is if Dos would be happy with that...

Edited by Brother Argent

Dawn Blades looks fun and interesting, as does the White Talons. However, I painted up a White Talons mini for the 2019 LASC. Can I use the same figure again or should I paint up a new White Talon:whistling:

Perhaps you can see about swapping with @Zebulon, @Ace Debonair, or @Bruce Malcom? If not, then yes, a new model please. :sweat:

Or I can fish out one of my many other Chapters, loyalist or otherwise, you could do.  Means you would need to wait a few days or so for me to get their article up though.

EDIT: That is if Dos would be happy with that...

I can go ahead and do another White Talon. As it happens, I was working on a second WT (a Warp Talon) for the 2019 LASC, but the deadline pounced on me before I could submit it. So I can just finish that up and submit it for this challenge.

However, Since I've got a lot of my hobby hardware out of storage and a place to paint and build now, I'm up for building one or more additional models if Brother Dos is amenable and we have some chapter/warbands not covered yet in this phase of the challenge.

Edited by Brother Lunkhead

Haha, Argent Praetorians hey? Noice. I'm not sure I've got any models with cloth, but I'll give the polished silver a good try :)

@Dosjetka shouldn't I be getting a second to paint since I pledged two articles?

I can go ahead and do another White Talon. As it happens, I was working on a second WT (a Warp Talon) for the 2019 LASC, but the deadline pounced on me before I could submit it. So I can just finish that up and submit it for this challenge.

However, Since I've got a lot of my hobby hardware out of storage and a place to paint and build now, I'm up for building one or more additional models if Brother Dos is amenable and we have some chapter/warbands not covered yet in this phase of the challenge.

All Chapters/Warbands are covered but if you'd like, I can randomly pick another one or multiple Chapters/Warbands for you if you'd like to do some extra. :)

Haha, Argent Praetorians hey? Noice. I'm not sure I've got any models with cloth, but I'll give the polished silver a good try :smile.:

@Dosjetka shouldn't I be getting a second to paint since I pledged two articles?

Oh, yes. :sweat: Sorted now. :tu: