+Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2021: Event AAR (p.7)+

Dosjetka

Thanks for your kind words D-PL. It's fun to get inside the head of a character and imagine his life, and what he thinks and how he feels. I hope you approve of my interpretation of a small moment in the life of your Chapter.

...................

(I am curious though which shame are you referring to?)

In my mind Sartanus and his fellow first generation Primaris came to the Dawn Blades as brothers and a gift from the Primarch. Not being born into the Chapter, they did not expect to be immediately accepted with open arms and trust. However, being kin by virtue of a shared legacy of blood and gene from their father, Ferrus Manus, they had a certain expectation of being allowed to prove themselves over time. Imagine how they must feel, being treated in such a hostile and degrading manner, while the gift they represent is accepted. Sartanus assures his brothers that their treatment by the Chapter is not a blight on their own honor, but a blight on the honor of the Chapter, to treat Brothers in this way. He does however, admonish them not to dwell on this, but to be firmly loyal to the Chapter and do their duty.

I've always had a soft spot for the underdog, and I see the Forge Primaris as the underest of underdogs:tongue.: Please don't think that my sympathy for them is any kind of indication that I disapprove of this line of the Dawn Blade story. Being stubborn and suspicious sons of the Gorgon, this makes perfect sense and is very grimdark indeed:thumbsup:

Edited by Brother Lunkhead

• 4 weeks later...

I may or may not have gotten carried away.

I daresay my oath has been completed.

Sure looks like a completed oath to me, brother. :thumbsup:

Anyone else made any progress?

It seems the deadline for this event may have been delayed in the warp :tongue.: so I daresay anyone who hasn't posted a completed model yet might get away with achieving victory. :happy.:

• 4 weeks later...

Crap.  I never posted completed models...  They are done.  Unfortunately one has since had a dip in Simple Green for paint stripping thanks to my son but the paintwork seems to have mostly survived.  I will get good pictures up at some point in the near future...

• 3 weeks later...

-emerges from the aether- Well it's been an absolutely strange time with some major loss of any and all hobby drive, but my vow to complete Recusiarch Okores for Brother Argent has now been upheld as of today after being forced to isolate (no not from Covid) for an extra few days. First time in ages I've picked up the paintbrushes, but I'm really happy with the result.

So there will be photos soon when I can of the Warborne Reclusiarch sometime soon. :D

Cambrius

Well, here we are. With my vow now complete I humbly offer for your (and especially Brother Argent's) viewing pleasure, Reclusiarch Dektis Okores:

med_gallery_26154_4383_108883.jpg

med_gallery_26154_4383_443653.jpg

Larger view

WELCOME: PLEASE INPUT ACCESS CODE

WORKING...

WORKING...

ACCESS GRANTED. WELCOME INQUISITOR ARBAL

OPEN FILE RHO-203-1-02-VERDANT

RECLUSIARCH DEKTIS OKORES

A paragon of the Warborne's teachings and outlook on combat, Reclusiarch Okores has been at the forefront of the chapter's battles from before Cicatrix Maledictum cut the Imperium in two. His actions and fervent faith in the Imperium and the Warborne's teachings led him to uptake the Mantle of Faith and become a member of the Warborne's Chaplaincy.

A resolute individual, even by the stringent standards of the Warborne, Okores was a vital lynchpin in maintaining the faith and resiliency of the chapter as the madness and tumult of Noctis Aeterna took place. With a near logarithmic increase of Chaos incursions, a large number spearheaded by the White Talons; his fury at the calamitous losses and sheer brazen acts of the forces of Chaos was practically incandescent, as he led the Third Company in faith and fury after the loss of Captain Arkanos and his Honour Guard to a malefic Warp Rift cast by a White Talons' Sorcerer at the Siege of Khaldur.

When the Torchbearer fleet arrived to relieve and reinforce the Warborne, Reclusiarch Okores was one of the first to uptake the Calgarian Rites and cross the Rubicon Primaris' excruciating changes upon his body, ascending to becoming a Primaris marine of the Warborne. Seeing himself as remade anew with the limitless well of fury and faith that was created during the time of Noctis Aeterna, Okores retained his position as Chaplain of the Third Company as the chapter restructured itself, clad in the new arms and armament provided by the Torchbearer fleet. But the Reclusiarch ensured that he still wielded his Crozius Arcanum, "Tempered Wrath", that he wielded to prosecute the Emperor's fury upon all who opposed the Warborne. Alongside this, he also ordered to have the studded pauldron of his Mark VI armour that he wore prior to his ascendancy to be rebuilt to fit his new wargear, serving as a reminder of his past and his fighting for the avenging of his fallen brethren during Noctis Aeterna.

As per the style and outlook of the Warborne, Reclusiarch Okores wears little in the way of ornamentation and does not wear the traditional black of the Chaplaincy usually worn by other Codex chapters; however he does wear a helmet plume of bone to denote his place as a Veteran. Upon his right shoulder, Okores displays a mantra and prayer of resilience worn upon a blessed shoulder banner. The banner also displays the Umber Skull, a mark of honour that he had been presented by the Shield Bearers chapter during their reclaiming of the Shrine World of Athena's Rest from the tainted claws of the White Talons.

+++++++

And there you have it! I hope the wait was worthwhile, Brother Argent! I did also add a White Talons' shattered helm to the base too, adding to the look, but it's not the clearest.

And to celebrate another LASC done, I put all my Chapter Swap minis together for a group shot, showing the progress from 2008 to 2021:

med_gallery_26154_4383_292952.jpg

From Left to Right we have:

Front Row: Vaaish's "Nesewdjet-Nedjety", Khrangar's "Emperor's Word", Sword Brethren's "Iron Grasp"

Back Row: golfdeltafoxtrot's "Grey Ravens", Brother Argent's "Warborne"

Thank you to my fellow Liber Moderati, Dosjetka for running this one in my absence as the Covid pandemic still rolls around, taking up a lot of my hobby energies. It's been another fantastic one. :D :tu:

Cambrius

• 2 weeks later...

Love that group shot, stunning work there Cambrius. :biggrin.:

That Chaplain is a beast, too - I once used the same conversion for an Arcanum, and liked it so much I completely forgot it wasn't an official bit - so I've just spent ten minutes trying to figure out which Chaplain it was from before taking a closer look at my old kitbashed model! :laugh.:

Love that group shot, stunning work there Cambrius. :biggrin.:

That Chaplain is a beast, too - I once used the same conversion for an Arcanum, and liked it so much I completely forgot it wasn't an official bit - so I've just spent ten minutes trying to figure out which Chaplain it was from before taking a closer look at my old kitbashed model! :laugh.:

I think I have a Librarian with a similar stave conversion! Great minds, eh brother? :teehee:

• 4 weeks later...

I think I have a Librarian with a similar stave conversion! Great minds, eh brother? :teehee:

Some bitz are destined for greatness, it seems. :laugh.:

(sorry for the late reply, I seem to have switched off my notifications for this thread somehow :wacko.: )

Hop on over here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/371897-future-liber-projects-second-poll-format/

We're seeing if we can get a new group project started, creating a new setting etc. Once we decide on factions taking part, having a few Astartes painted up in their colours might be good for flavour photos ;)

• 2 months later...

So.... A little (lot) late to the party but finally managed to get at least some of the completed photos done:

gallery_36568_16061_56218.jpg

Doctor Perils Dawn Seers

gallery_36568_16061_15530.jpg

Dosjetka's Imperial Hunters

gallery_36568_16061_37491.jpg

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Omega Cohort

** Fluff and the other two missing Chapter's to come (I have no idea where the models have gone. One was put in stripper by my son but I don't think it affected the paint too much.)