+Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2021: Event AAR (p.7)+

Dosjetka

"I, Kyknos of Athena , vow upon the honour of my Chapter, the Twilight Wardens,  to update a completed article containing their history and herladry to the Liber Astartes by 29th March 2021. I also vow to complete one (1) miniature of a Chapter/Warband randomly assigned to me by the organiser by 2nd May 2021.

Should I fail, I vow to wear the badge of shame until I have redeemed myself in the eyes of the Liber."

My article is old, but I am willing to solve existing issues with it and bring them to a new standard. 

"Those stalwart protectors of menkind shall have a worthy entry in the imperial records." :yes:

Edited by Kyknos of Athena

Well, I could paint a chaplain for example. Most of the models are already assembled, though...

I have Firstborn and some Primaris (Intercessors). No Heretic Astartes, mine are all good bois. :happy.:

I have quite a backlog to paint. Mostly assembled. Don´t know if I will buy anything new in the next time.

Work and such have really monopolized my time. I'm dedicating today and tomorrow to my two article, so should have the bulk of them done by tomorrow, with 1st ed articles posted before week's end.

I still didn´t fully get the challenge tbh: Is there a "best Index" to be chosen in the end? :huh.:

Like is it actually a competition. Sorry, if I missed something...

I guess my intro post wasn't clear enough, sorry about that!

The aim of the challenge is twofold:

1. It gets people to write and share a Chapter or Warband idea they've had or update a pre-existing article to a new standard;
  2. It also gets people to build and paint a model representing someone else's Chapter or Warband, which not only adds a bit of variety to what we usually see here in the Liber (text) but also allows people to have a physical rendition of their DIY Chapter or Warband which is pretty neat and special.

So this is very much a community event where people provide feedback for each other's creations. This isn't a competition. :)

I hope that clears things up for you; if not, let me know and I'll try again! :D

The only competition is with yourself, brother Kyknos. You're challenging yourself to create the best Index you can for your own chapter or warband. After that, the next part is the 'swap', wherein you paint a mini from another chapter, and somebody else paints a mini from your chapter. There is no 'best' Index chosen at the end, just 'ok which madlad wrote and painted four different indices and miniatures?' (Which was myself and Brother Argent last year, at 3 and 4 respectively.) But even that is a 'first among equals' award, not a 'these people are better than you' award. Completion of an Index is a victory in and of itself.

I just checked this out and I am thinking upon whether to join and who with of my brews. I find it interesting you limited it to Astartes or Heretic Articles, This would make a nice fit for some of the other armies as well. 

Is it possible to vow an article for a warband of a Legion? I wouldn't mind vowing to finish up and polish my Iron Warriors' article, but the paint scheme is largely the same as the standard IW - except for ice blue eye lenses instead of red.

I just checked this out and I am thinking upon whether to join and who with of my brews. I find it interesting you limited it to Astartes or Heretic Articles, This would make a nice fit for some of the other armies as well. 

I think this is due to historical basis, at the time when the first LASC run the B&C was a Marine (Loyal and Traitor) only forum.

The Iron Gauntlet even that ran for most of last year (though covid interfered as with so much else) was open to all factions and was a larger even which started with an article for a DIY force of your chosen Faction and also involved a battle report, some painting and some fiction.

Llagos_Tyrant, I don’t see why not, just double check with Dosjetka.  

Edited by Trokair

I think this is due to historical basis, at the time when the first LASC run the B&C was a Marine (Loyal and Traitor) only forum.

There's also logistical issues, we cannot guarantee that everyone is going to have, for example, another necron dynasty, or another guardsmen regiment. It's a restriction done to ensure that we have people with whom fraters can swap to paint minis. Chaos/Firstborn/Primaris is about as broad as we can get while still guaranteeing that people can have swap partners.

I, Bruce Malcom, vow upon the honour of my Warband, Sizerbakc's Scourers, to write/update a completed article containing their history and herladry to the Liber Chaotica by 29th March 2021. I also vow to complete one (1) miniature of a Warband randomly assigned to me by the organiser by 2nd May 2021.

Should I fail, I vow to wear the badge of shame until I have redeemed myself in the eyes of the Liber.

I can do Chaos Space Marines (as I have a pair of extra berzerkers).

Work and such have really monopolized my time. I'm dedicating today and tomorrow to my two article, so should have the bulk of them done by tomorrow, with 1st ed articles posted before week's end.

Well... That didn't work out so well:no: My work place continues to suck in and spit out bad workers, leaving those of us, who believe that if  you're going to take somebodies money for a job, you should do the best possible work:facepalm:  I know..... blah, blah, blah. Thanks for allowing me a brief rant:blush.:

My work schedule and hours have been all over the place and I've found it difficult to concentrate and find time for the challenge. But a vow is a vow and I'm determined to see this challenge through to its conclusion. I've reams of notes and the stubbornness to turn out articles on my two Liber chapters. With the Emperor's help, I'll succeed.

There's a lot of good stuff coming out of this challenge and the end of phase 1 is in sight. Good luck everyone.

Well... That didn't work out so well:no: My work place continues to suck in and spit out bad workers, leaving those of us, who believe that if  you're going to take somebodies money for a job, you should do the best possible work:facepalm:  I know..... blah, blah, blah. Thanks for allowing me a brief rant:blush:

That's the exact same situation that I'm in, brother, so you have my sympathies. :pinch:

I've probably got enough words written now to qualify for the challenge, but the Champions of Atlum's article remains incomplete, and what there is of it certainly needs another pass over once I've had a decent amount of sleep. I just need to sort out a Chapter symbol with my Nephew (working on that later today) and I think the Champions will be ready, if a little rough around the edges. :sweat: :happy.: