New Successor Chapters - 9E

WrathOfTheLion

Valrak posted a video earlier this week of some of the new and/or newly showcased successor chapters from our upcoming supplement.

Here is a link to the video: https://youtu.be/WsRQYG_PHFI

I haven't found the page with these chapters yet in any review videos, as they like to skip over the lore pages a lot. While not having the book, I'll just need to trust that the content is correct.

The list of the ones covered in the video are:

• Bringers of Judgment
  • Cowled Wardens
  • Knights of Abhorrence
  • Penitent Blades
  • Prime Absolvers
  • The Unnamed

There is a lot of variation of color, names and markings that are in some of these newly showcased chapters, which I thought was very interesting and warranted discussion. What do you think about these new chapters, the new and sometimes strikingly different color palettes compared to the traditionally showcased Unforgiven chapters? Does it give any ideas for some new projects?

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

I am thinking of doing some Cowled Wardens or Knights of Abhorrence. I have some models primed black from a project I won't follow through on that I may add to them.

The Cowled Wardens chapter badge is very similar to the Angels of Death 1st Legion icon, prior to finding Caliban, suggesting perhaps Terran origins.

I do like that many are on the fringes, protecting from eldritch Xenos, like the 1st Legion is described to do in Crusade.

I would like to see the story how the Ultima founding chapters will be integrated in the Legion. And would be nice if there are a few who work very different or refuse Azrael. 

And what I really want to see is at least one chapter which is made by a Traitor gene seed and they act in a complete other way like Azrael has been expected. Maybe thats the chapter with the semi chaos chapter symbol but I am hoping for more. Lets Cawl being a bigger A...hole then we think currently.

I would like to see the story how the Ultima founding chapters will be integrated in the Legion. And would be nice if there are a few who work very different or refuse Azrael. 

And what I really want to see is at least one chapter which is made by a Traitor gene seed and they act in a complete other way like Azrael has been expected. Maybe thats the chapter with the semi chaos chapter symbol but I am hoping for more. Lets Cawl being a bigger A...hole then we think currently.

The one with the twelve pointed star reminds me of the hexagrammatic symbols from the 1st legion. If you look at the FW legion transfer sheet, it is similar to some of the circular symbols there. They sort of act like the Angels of Absolution, so I don't see them as being much out of character. I did read the descriptions to see if any seemed weird like the Salamanders chapters, but they all fit in with various Dark Angels/Unforgiven behavior. Aerial Combat experts, fighting dangerous xenos and methodically hunting traitors are all things that make sense as DA chapters.

I am interested to see how the Ultima founding chapters are folded in. From those descriptions, it does look to be that they have done so.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion