Fixing the problem of Monopose Flayed Ones

Captain Idaho

So this is an issue I've noticed GW has let creep in over the years for most of their models, though admittedly Flayed Ones have never had a multi-pose kit, but what can we do about our Flayed Ones for when, as expected, the kit released will be 5 monopose models?

This isn't supposed to be a GW bashing thread, we can save that for elsewhere (I have my issues with the new models as much as anyone of course) but what about our collective resources here? Can we provided each other good conversion guides, should we use 3D printing sources or alternative models as advice?

Maybe just kitbashing and reposing guides would suffice?

The main problem comes here from being limited to just 5 unique models from a unit that ideally needs to be in units of 15 or more.

Edited by Captain Idaho

I lean towards 3d printing. It's arguably evil~ish, but it's relatively easy with a modern resin printer, economical beyond a certain volume (especially with FW models), and "3d kitbashing" is a joy. I'm pretty sure sharing resources here would be against the forum's policy but I'd be happy to help anyone looking into it. My alternative flayed ones are shown in my dynasty's thread.

There are tons of free and cheap 3d resources one can pull from to create original models. I use meshmixer to manipulate those, but I want to learn blender to take it further.

To create new pieces, I use onshape (a 3d web based modeling app).

That, good sir, is an amazing link. I actually think I could pull off such a conversion.

Let's talk advice on getting it done... what about the options for different hands/weapons?

I fancy something more claw based. What options are there out there, including other kits?

Thanks!

I used the blades from chaos lightning claws (as they have a bit more character than loyalist ones). Probably anything sharp or barbed looking or hooked would do. Could do an eBay search for cheap sigmar weapon bits? Or, if going literal claws, I wonder if undead range would have anything among ghouls (or daggers from nighthaunts)

• 2 weeks later...