Tich's Teeny Tiny Titans of Tizca

Tichinde

So, after a lot of badgering from my wargaming buddies I finally picked up the Starter set and dipped my toe into Titanicus

As a Thousand Sons player there was only really one choice for the Legio for me, Xestobiax!

50906443422_f96cda3019_c.jpg

I also sold the 2 warhounds from the set and purchased a 3rd Reaver (Xestobiax doesn't really go for scout titans)

but first I had to figure out the purple:

50905618033_9892559e24_z.jpg

far left was the winner. Kantor blue base, Druchii Violet wash with xerus purple layer/drybrush.

anyway, based on the pic from Inferno, here is how I got on to start with:

50906320591_1f85a75ac9.jpg

I opted for Unreal wargaming bases as I am not the greatest at making bases (and they are amazing):

50905618333_7b24f8c6d7_z.jpg

and here is the maniple so far:

50906319881_4a9a89055e_z.jpg

50851377363_dbe36451f5_z.jpg50906331741_4d5da39273_z.jpg

50884169177_ce60199dcf_z.jpg

Currently working on a third Reaver and more weapon options. along with some more base decor:

50906319366_26fa46dae1_z.jpg

and had a crazy idea for the other Launcher....(spoiler alert, it turns out really well)

50906328946_107fd1026d_z.jpg

Edited by Tichinde

so duly armed with my drill, some foliage clumps and Reiver Grappling hooks I set to work:

50906319456_e113e1cacf_z.jpg

and it all came together quite well:

50906323181_fa0d60004b_z.jpg 50905627833_8a940fec0c_z.jpg

50905622128_5e406e202d_z.jpg

I like the sound of the Corsair Maniple, that's the one with the Movement shennanigans? maybe one day once lockdown is over they might make it onto a tabletop :-)

Thanks all!

I have half a plan to model some void shield impacts someday but that might take a bit more work. Currently just about done the third Reaver. And hopefully a Warlord in the not-too-distant future....

There's an STL of a shield segment made my a company called Deadly Print Studio which may assist?

Yup, that's roughly the idea. I have a couple of clear sphere halves to use as a base. The trick is attaching them to the Titan ☺

Looking awesome :tu:

There's an STL of a shield segment made my a company called Deadly Print Studio which may assist?

Yup, that's roughly the idea. I have a couple of clear sphere halves to use as a base. The trick is attaching them to the Titan ☺

Some kind of "energy flare" leading from the void shield generators to the "point of impact". You could probably embed a brass rod bent at 90°, pierced through one or more void shield generators, then green stuff energy/lightning effects up to the sphere portion (I think you can get clear plastic balls from a lot of craft shops, for pretty cheap too), then explosion effect and leading rocket effects that you've obviously mastered to hide the end of the rod.

If you plan it well, you'd probably be able to make this assembly detachable from the titan for transport/storage, perhaps with a magnetised VSGenerator interchangeable for one without the whole assembly, so it's easier to play with?

If you manage it, keep us updated on the process!

hmmm, I hadn't thought of that, I might be able to use the warp lightning spell (or similar) to attach it, great idea! I have a clear "fill your own" christmas Bauble that once cut up will work fine for the shield itself. I also like the idea of it being removable.

and some progress on number 3:

50922334261_306ac68a99_z.jpg

The Xestobiax badge is from a 3d printing site, think it was popgoesthemonkey. They are a little big but fine for what I needed (until GW does a transfer sheet!).

The banners are simply scaled down printouts based on the one from Inferno with some basic editing in Word/paint (to make them look different) and attached to a paperclip and jewellery chain ☺