Tich's Teeny Tiny Titans of Tizca

Tichinde

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I've got to ask - what technique will you be trying for the Void Shields?

the plan is to use the following:

51025124661_81514d43c8_c.jpg

Skaven warpfire spell, clear bauble (broken) and anvil industries muzzle flashes.

once i file the edges of the bauble parts, magnetise the lightning and give it a little paint it should roughly get to what I'm trying to achieve.

progress so far:

51024388473_653123fe6a_c.jpg

I've put a couple of magnets under the front 2 void shield generators but I might need a third (I wanted it removable)

issues so far:

1) keeping it all clear of any carapace weapons (and any future ones)

2) making the lightning structure strong enough to support the other parts (I may have to link the lightning to provide additional support.

so far its working.

Edited by Tichinde

bit more work tonight just to see how it will look:

51026027433_1f1175f388.jpg51026854017_9293d87049.jpg

51026851362_5cdc3b892f_z.jpg

I might link the front and back one to provide some extra support as with the magnets under the void shields they don't have as much "grip" as usual. but it looks like this should work. I also picked up a hexagonal stencil to lightly spray the shields.

• 1 month later...

Yes! Thanks mate! :biggrin.:

No probs, I can upload them in higher resolution of you need. I found them while googling for ones to mix up the Xestobiax ones.

I would also be interested if possible. The paperclip and chain idea sounds great, too great not to copy :) I love those banners, especially the gun ones.

no probs, 

I'll pm you.

I should have an update on the first Warlord soon (we got a new puppy so its been taking up a lot of my free time)

I'll take some photos of the banner process when I'm doing it next. one thing I would recommend is to drill a coupe of mounting points for the chain (again using paperclip/suitable wire) as it makes gluing the chain on so much eaiser.

also might have picked up a Warmaster....

• 3 weeks later...

Looking good!! Part of me wants to see the knight pilot legging it from an open hatch :wink:

The stone on the base is nice. What is the recipe? 

simply Base coat of Zandri dust spray, agrax wash and old citadel brown wash. drybrush a light grey (basically Ulthuan grey) and then drybrush white.

more or less the same version I use for all my bases :-)

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/336154-heresy-thousand-sons-metallic-no-air-brush-required/?p=4838293

I love the idea of the Knight pilot!

The Warlord and base are coming along nicely.

What are you using for your washes?

the purple is: Kantor Blue, Druchii Violet, Xeres purple

the white is: Celestra grey, Drakenhof nightshade, Ulthuan grey, white

the metal: Boltgun metal, nuln oil, drybrush silver

gold: Retributor armour, reikland flesh shade, silver highlight

The Warlord is excellent.

The Void Shield modelling is an amazing idea, and you've done great work considering how hard it is to effectively pull off.

Things that might help for the next iteration:

• Cut all the shield pieces from a single acrylic or clear styrene sphere. This will make it look like the void shield is a unified sphere around the Titan. They make covers for security cameras that might be used for this.
  • A matter of taste, but perhaps leaving more transparency towards the edges of the shield bits, so it looks a bit more like the impact at the center is lessened towards the edges.
  • Again a matter of taste, but it would be interesting to make the "impacts" look more like they're coming from one direction.

Intended an constructive input, and not meant to take away from this incredible mini.