Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Converting Inquisitor distances for Inq28

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,566 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

Sorry to revive this old thread, but with regards to the INQ28 "conversion" process, do you literally just halve the ranges/distances for any given value in the Inquisitor book for it to work or is their other tweaking needed? I want to get into it and have the PDF but don't quite understand how it works in 28mm.

ztbmByp.png

I come here to discuss and find out about Warhammer 40,000 with people of every ethnicity, sexuality, country and yes, as sickening as it is, even Eldar players.

I have an Instagram too, if you like that sort of thing!

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,274 posts
  • Faction: The Castigators
The Inquisitor rules system is written giving distances in "Yards". The convention (using 40mm figures) was that a yard equalled an inch. Most people, therefore, when playing with 28mm figures, use half-inches as yards. This scales relatively well. I know of some groups that proposed centimetres instead of half-inches, but this can skew certain things such as range bands. Certainly at all the Inq28 events I've participated in, we used half-inches. You do need to pay attention when doing things like throwing grenades or firing weapons that all of those details are given in Yards, and you will need to be converting throughout.
  • Evil Eye likes this
Check out my Deathwatch Roleplaying Game:
QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM) 
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,566 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

The Inquisitor rules system is written giving distances in "Yards". The convention (using 40mm figures) was that a yard equalled an inch. Most people, therefore, when playing with 28mm figures, use half-inches as yards. This scales relatively well. I know of some groups that proposed centimetres instead of half-inches, but this can skew certain things such as range bands. Certainly at all the Inq28 events I've participated in, we used half-inches. You do need to pay attention when doing things like throwing grenades or firing weapons that all of those details are given in Yards, and you will need to be converting throughout.

OK, that makes sense, thank you very much!

ztbmByp.png

I come here to discuss and find out about Warhammer 40,000 with people of every ethnicity, sexuality, country and yes, as sickening as it is, even Eldar players.

I have an Instagram too, if you like that sort of thing!

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users