Vanguard Box Infiltrators vs stand alone Infiltrator box?

Helias_Tancred

I would like to add 10 Infiltrators to my Blood Angels army. I'm currently contemplating between the ten that come with the Vanguard Start Collecting box vs the ones I can make from the separate box of Infiltrators/Incursors?

Is there anything I'm really missing out on if I just pick up a Vanguard Start Collecting Box to get 10 Infiltrators? ... the reason I say this is because I can also use the other models that come in that box.

Thanks.

The current monopose models are such good quality that I am quite happy running them, especially for a single squad. I would only feel the need to for the multi-part kits if:

1. I need specific wargear from the MPK.

2. I am running multiple squads and I want to avoid repeat poses.

The Shadowspear models would probably suit me unless I specifically wanted the Comms array. For what it is worth, I am building 2 5-man squads of Infiltrators and in both cases, I opted for the Helix Adept.

To be fair, within each Shadowspear set of Infiltrators, there is one guy who looks like he is on the radio.

With the tiniest bit of kitbashing (adding a small satellite dish or extra antenna) to his backpack, you could conceivably make both the Helix Adept and the Comms guy from one set of the monopose Infiltrators.

Incursors are more offensive while Infiltrators are more defensive. The difference in effectiveness between different Chapter traits is fairly small. I think it depends more on what role you want them to play in your army.