Any idea for converting a Primaris-scale Helbrecht?

Tokugawa

When standing by the new-released marine models, model of Helbrecht is too small, which doesn't match his position.

Any suggestion about picking some new marines model for conversion? I was thinking about the characters in indomitus box. They are cheap to get, and the body part has normal head-socket, which means the head could be easily replaced.

if you´re crafty, Greenstuff and/or milliput mix can do almost anything.

If you like mixing kits, you might NEED to get resin helbrecht and then yourchoice of where to slap some of those resin pieces.

Knowing the resin kit, you can easily snag backpack and swordhand, maybe even whole right shoulder side too, head can be sawed to mount on different torso but combimelta he carries might be abit harder to salvage from that resin kit.

I already started to paint them. But I will show you if all of them are finished of course. For them I want perfection and this means a lot of time ( cause i am not the art of painter)

BUT HELL.... even on this Helbrecht conversion the Sword already broke.

Edited by Medjugorje

I rather like the "Lt Calsius" from Conquest Magazine as a possible Helbrecht starting point; his striding-forward pose is to me just a slightly more dynamic version of the current Helbrecht. Its also not heavily decorative so there's a lot of space for greenstuffing. I think a blank-canvas is better for getting the essence of Helbrecht and his cloak, equipment etc.

Helbrecht's armor is quite unique, though I'd image a primaris-izing would water down his uniqueness.

Been trying to decide myself if I want to do the unpainted brass look like the current model, or some other color to make him stand out.

• 4 weeks later...