Size comparison AI planes and AT Knights?

Trokair

I have heard that the AI planes are to the same scale as the AT titans, however I am struggling to visualize this in comparison to AT knights, both model size and component such as weapon size.

Does anybody who has both have any side by side picture or experience with both ranges, contemplating using some AI bits, such as engines, missiles and so on, to spruce up some AI knight conversions.

Edited by Trokair

Thank you, that’s great.

While the idea of building jumpack knights with AI plain engines will probably not work then (as the only that appears to have easy to access engines based on the plastic sprue pictures on GW website is the marauder) AI planes might still provide some usable conversion bits, such a hunter killer missiles of the knights as an alternative carapace weapon.

If that’s what you’re looking for, maybe the Avenger Strike Fighter is a place to look? It’s got very exposed engines that would be easier to remove, but wouldn’t have the housing like you’d get from the Marauder.

As for weapons, I think it would be relatively straightforward to make a little missile rack with spare Hellstrike or Skystrike missiles on it for a Knight’s carapace. Good idea!

Amongst other conversion idea, a jump pack Knight was on the things to consider list. Good call on the Avengers strike fighter, I had another look at the sprue on GW website and a review/build video and the engine appears to be an okays to use part then some of the others I looked at. Part of it is on two wing components, but half of it appears to be a separate bit, so maybe two of these half will go together to make one I can use. Will certainly be looking into this further.

I can also see auto cannon and lascannons on the sprue in addition to missiles, those could also make for some weapons conversions. Thanks again.