Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legio Prima - Ala Ignis - Excidium Serpentis

Dark Angels The Serpents Bane Total Annihilation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Volth

Volth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 210 posts
+++ DE RE BELLA ALAE IGNIS LEGIONIS PRIMARIS ANGELI OCCULTI IMPERII HOMINIBUS AETATE HERESIS HOREM +++

firewing signum

+ ACIES +

Spoiler

+ ARS BELLORUM +

[TBD]

+ MALLEUS MATHEMATICARUM +

[TBD]

+ COGITATIONES +

[TBD]

+ POMPA SIMULACRORUM +

Not much to see yet other than the sprues of Betrayal at Calth, Burning Prospero, a Drop Pod and some speeders.

Edited by Volth, 14 February 2021 - 09:23 PM.

• Ryltar Thamior and Calibanite Knight Angel like this

Volth

Volth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 210 posts

So this is the humble beginning of my Horus Heresy Dark Angels project log. It's supposed to keep my morale and commitment up to get this army done over the coming months or even years. For years I've been looking forward to this project. After my Infinity Merovingian Rapid Response Force now is finally tabletop-ready and once the Byzantine SAGA warbands has its last legionnaire in coats, this will be the next thing to do and I vow not to stop until the above list is finished. I've got anything ready, cost can't be an excuse.

When I bought the Calth and Prospero boxes I anticipated a force of our favourite 6th legion would come out. But I can't work with them. Actually Dark Angels Firewing is exactly how I imagined and hope Space Wolves would hit the battlefield: seek and hit your primary targets and not let them out until they are undone for good and ever.

There is more to come than an army list. The groundwork is layed for tactical analysis of the forces playstyle, rudimentary statistical analysis of its performance (commonly known as math hammer), considerations of the list and possible changes and also a gallery of what will be built and painted. Also I want to divide the projects in manageable parts of 500 pts to slowly conquer the boards. How the division will be done is not yet decided.

All discussion and critique of the list is very welcome. I aim to be competetive, as long as it accompanys its distinct playstyle.

For the Lion

• mooftak and Calibanite Knight Angel like this

Ryltar Thamior

Ryltar Thamior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 929 posts

I'm just here to say I appreciate the level of Latin that's gone into this 

Vox Stellarum efforts:
The Unyielding Adamanticores [truescale Astartes, auxilia, and sectorial AdMech; M37/38]
The Haunting Harii of Hvergelmir [truescale Astartes ... and associates]
The Unification Wars [truescale Thunder Warriors, (Proto-)Astartes, Army of Unification, Aegyptian-style Proto-Mechanicus raiders, etc.]
Combat Archaeology [Tomb Raiding for Fun & Prophet]
Horus Heresy [truescale loyalist IVth, VIIIth; Agents of the Sigillite; VIth; and so much more; and Umbral's amazing Traitors]
The Worlds-Wide Webway [(Dark) Eldar, Imperial Inquisition, an a-maze-ing realmweave of fear and wondermeant]
Thorian Inquisition [some rather different Inquisitorial Storm Troopers, true-scale Fire Hawks, Black Dragon, Inquisitor and associates, etc.]
For Whom The Great Bell Tolls Thrice [attempts to put the 'priest' back in 'tech-priest' with more-medieval mechanicus]
InquisiNecronMunda [the log that incepted it all - at least two Inquisitors, truescale Deathwatch, local enforcers, cultists, etc.]

Volth

Volth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 210 posts
The sprues collected. What's still being shipped is the banner of the chosen bodyguard and Narthecium of Primus Medicae. Let's go.

firewing sprues

• Altis likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Angels, The Serpents Bane, Total Annihilation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users