Imperial Knights

INKS

I don't see a lot of talk here about these guys. I've recently started to look into them and who doesn't love the idea of huge robots that are almost the size of titan. I know in 9th they aren't looking too hot right now but I recently seem a list that might be decent. 

Does anyone here have an army of them? Do you mix these guys with other armies? do you play them at all in 9th E?

This is from Art of War 40k

Super Heavy detachment (house Krast)

Questoris Knight Magaera (Siege Claw. Warlord, First Knight, the headsman's mark) 480

Questoris Knight Magaera (Siege Claw, Landstrider) 480

Questoris Knight Magaera (Siege Claw, the Helm Dominatus, Ion Bulwark) 480

3x Armiger Warglaives (3x Meltaguns) 420

1x Armiger Warglavies (1x Meltagun, Freeblade: Sworn to a Quest, Exiled in Shame, Obsessed with vengenance) 140

Thoughts?

You're once... twice... five times a lady...

So I've been playing some TTS recently, with the latest game being for Team Scotland vs Team Canada in a WTC friendly.

The video is on YouTube and I'll be honest I played terribly.

But I've been running 9 Warglaives and 5 Helverin, which is hard on the WTC boards but a lot of fun.

Playing another game tonight and then another tomorrow as I continue to refine the list. Playing Sisters tonight though so I expect another spanking.

Does anyone here have an army of them?

...yeah. Never intended to make it an army, but "just one more centerpiece" piled up until it was an army. With Titan support. And Ordinatus.

do you play them at all in 9th E?

Once we get the hang of TTS, we might have our first 9th ed game. Or not, considering the current lack of drive.

Hermanista's thread has a beautiful group of knights.

I have a blog going over my own house and it's allies.

I've done a few games in 9th, but they are with the little boyos. Armigars are doing ok in this edition and with thier point drops recently we can get a little more board control then we used to.

While I have mixed them with my other armies, it's rare. In 9th I did it once, didn't go over too well but I was facing daemons in crusade and they are kind of broken in that type of game.

Your posted list isn't too bad, CP heavy to start, but potent. I haven't used a Magrena yet, planning on making a two or more. Will state that the melee option is decent, especially with the new sweep option. I've fielded a Styrix since 8th and that is a tanky knight.

The freeblade is a neat idea since Sworn to Quest is one of two ways knights gain obsec.

You're once... twice... five times a lady...

So I've been playing some TTS recently, with the latest game being for Team Scotland vs Team Canada in a WTC friendly.

The video is on YouTube and I'll be honest I played terribly.

But I've been running 9 Warglaives and 5 Helverin, which is hard on the WTC boards but a lot of fun.

Playing another game tonight and then another tomorrow as I continue to refine the list. Playing Sisters tonight though so I expect another spanking.

I love this idea and might try it sometime. I have the models, just three warglaives short of a full house right now. So I'd have to pull from the allies.