Any word on the new campaign book with rules for DG?

Bulwyf

I can't remember the name of it but there's a campaign book that is supposed to have new rules for Death Guard, Dark Eldar and some Loyal factions. Has there been an announcement when it is going to come out? I know the covid has pushed everything back just wondering.

If it follows the Pariah example, there's a whole suite of things working together:

- The current White Dwarf Flashpoint

- The hardback Book of Rust, which will be similar to Vigilus

- A Crusade Mission Pack

- Sisters vs Dark Eldar boxed set missions

The first episode of the Charadon Flashpoint told us about three planets: Martyr's Rest, Dryoch's Reach and Okharium. For each planet, we got a description of the fighting, including named battlefields, force descriptions including local PDF; a Theatre of War, and a Crusade Relic. I thought the Theatres of War were particularly well thought out, and contained more variety and nuance than a lot of the PA ones. 

I suspect that the Sisters vs. Dark Eldar Box will contain a little mini-campaign book like Blood of the Phoenix did. It will have details about the battles on Martyr's Rest prior to the arrival of the Death Guard. Apparently Lelith Hesperax turns the capital city of Purity into a giant Wych Cult Arena where Imperial citizens are hunted for sport; the Sisters have to put a stop to this.

As for the Death Guard, they are definitely portrayed as the heavy hitters. Two of the three planets follow a pattern where the prior fights with DE leave the Imperials weak at the arrival of the Death Guard; the Dark Eldar fade, allowing their Imperial enemies to face the overwhelming power of the Death Guard. All of that will change as the material fleshes these battles out in more detail; the Flashpoint only gave us broad strokes.

Of course, I haven't read the most recent White Dwarf yet, and it has the second Flashpoint in it, so there's already more info out there...

Edited by ThePenitentOne

I just want it to have rules you can use in matched play. I don't have any interest in crusade no offense to those who do.

Well, then you can ignore it. Because this is a Crusade book.

But focusing solely on Matched Play, you're kind of ignoring this edition, since they are pushing Crusade HARD for 9th edition

I thought there was a crusade book and some warzone book or something. I could have sworn there was going to be two. Am I crazy?

That's exactly what I remember as well. The Vigilus books were warzones and they had rules for matched play not just narrative.

I just want it to have rules you can use in matched play. I don't have any interest in crusade no offense to those who do.

But focusing solely on Matched Play, you're kind of ignoring this edition, since they are pushing Crusade HARD for 9th edition

I don't care at all about narrative play or open play. Anything that uses power levels is a broken gamey system as was shown in spades in 8th.  I'm pretty sure this book has rules for more than just Crusade. It would be unlike GW to release books that only have narrative rules knowing that only a fraction of the players play that way.

I don't care at all about narrative play or open play. Anything that uses power levels is a broken gamey system as was shown in spades in 8th.  I'm pretty sure this book has rules for more than just Crusade. It would be unlike GW to release books that only have narrative rules knowing that only a fraction of the players play that way.

Well... I don't know what to tell you then? You won't hear a thing about that book again until it's a week or so before it goes on pre-order

And... No, it's completely within character for GW. Again, seeing as how they're pushing Crusade hard in 9th edition, I fully expect them to only support Matched Play in a tournament sense (seeing as how Chapter Approved also came with the Tournament Packet, seems likely).

Also: Power level isn't broken when you enforce WYSIWYG and follow the rules in Crusade. The broken stuff in Crusade has nothing to do with it being PL based and not points. Trust me there :lol:

Edited by Gederas

I thought there was a crusade book and some warzone book or something. I could have sworn there was going to be two. Am I crazy?

That's exactly what I remember as well. The Vigilus books were warzones and they had rules for matched play not just narrative.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/367796-40k-war-zone-charadon/

There is the war zone charadon book and then the crusade plague purge book. They were both shown on the same day. I doubt they are both for crusade. I bet charadon will push narrative but will have rules that roll over into matched play. Until 9th those special Detatchments from vigilus and such were matched play legal right?

I'm the same way. All I really care about is matched play. Crusade is a cool idea, but 8th was all about simplifying the game and 9th is starting to add more bloat. I don't want to have to remember special upgrades for certain units and do the whole role playing thing. I just want to drink beer, roll dice and have fun. Maybe I will eventually try crusade with my brother, his main army is his admech after all. No real point of crusade yet anyways considering over half of the factions don't even have their 9th codexes yet with their own unique rules.

It's not

there is a completely separate crusade book meant to be out at the same time but when they actually bothered to say anything about the book it was always a campaign book like PA and claimed it had rules for matched play. Gw have claimed it is a "Codex supplement" so you're a fool if you think they won't have a majority matched play rules

I agree with him matched point stuff is all I care about as generally I can only get pickup games against others which are always matched play since we both bring the same amount of points and if we can't get a game in the next week or so it doesn't tmatter and can easily juat get another game in with the same person or some completely different with no hassle just simply saying how much points we will play

Edited by Plaguecaster