Okay, help me understand this ... (GW shipping issue)

Helias_Tancred

On January 31st, at 1pm US EST, I ordered a Dark Angels collectors edition supplement, and a box of Eradicators and Bladeguard Veterans.

I usually try and order in the GW store so the manager gets sales credit, but this time it was more practical to order from home right at 1pm. Not sure how long stock would last? Delivery was free for orders over $30, so I choose that option.

I received an email saying they would take 17-20 business days to arrive. Ouch. In the past I would still have it shipped to the store for the free shipping, and they would be at the store by the following Saturday to be picked up.

It's been 18 days and they haven't even shipped yet, still pending. Now I had a couple friends order the same and other things on that day and they chose the store as their delivery destination and they had theirs the next weekend.  We all live in the U.S. and I'm assuming they ship out of the Tennessee location, and we live about 6 hours from that location.

I know they stated that COVID has been slowing things, and I'm a patient person, but I'm seriously wondering what the issue is? Very curious. If anything its the last time I will choose my home (which is 30 mins from the GW store) as the delivery destination lol. Always the store now.

Anyone have more insight on this? Thanks. 

And I know the full 17-20 business days hasn't passed yet, but the orders are still pending.

On January 31st, at 1pm US EST, I ordered a Dark Angels collectors edition supplement, and a box of Eradicators and Bladeguard Veterans.

I usually try and order in the GW store so the manager gets sales credit, but this time it was more practical to order from home right at 1pm. Not sure how long stock would last? Delivery was free for orders over $30, so I choose that option.

I received an email saying they would take 17-20 business days to arrive. Ouch. In the past I would still have it shipped to the store for the free shipping, and they would be at the store by the following Saturday to be picked up.

It's been 18 days and they haven't even shipped yet, still pending. Now I had a couple friends order the same and other things on that day and they chose the store as their delivery destination and they had theirs the next weekend.  We all live in the U.S. and I'm assuming they ship out of the Tennessee location, and we live about 6 hours from that location.

I know they stated that COVID has been slowing things, and I'm a patient person, but I'm seriously wondering what the issue is? Very curious. If anything its the last time I will choose my home (which is 30 mins from the GW store) as the delivery destination lol. Always the store now.

Anyone have more insight on this? Thanks. 

And I know the full 17-20 business days hasn't passed yet, but the orders are still pending.

Mate. I've been scooping up FW and GW orders for my Luna Wolves project since August. They used to be delivered in 3-4 days in North America, for both outlets.

I've had them range anywhere from 4 days, to two months, since then.  One GW order took 40 days, the longest FW being 52. There's no real rhyme or reason sadly, Just have to tolerate it.

Edited by Dark Legionnare

But how come they can get orders that are to be delivered to the store in a week? But my home address 30 mins away I'm on day 18 and the order is still pending?

I suspect it has to do on their end which either prioritizes orders sent to a GW store, or just a flaw in their shipping partnership with UPS?

The orders are most likely both coming from Tennessee.

But how come they can get orders that are to be delivered to the store in a week? But my home address 30 mins away I'm on day 18 and the order is still pending?

I suspect it has to do on their end which either prioritizes orders sent to a GW store, or just a flaw in their shipping partnership with UPS?

The orders are most likely both coming from Tennessee.

As I said in the other thread:

They prioritize to the physical stores, yes. They've always done this. It's dumb, but it is what it is.

Also: My FLGS has had some major delays with arrivals from GW, it took a full 45 days for one person's Orks to show up. But the pre-order stuff? Gets there within a week. To wit: The AoS pre-orders from Saturday that are going available this Saturday? Showed up today

There's a post up today on Warcom about US shipping shut down because of the snow in Tennessee.

And it isn't just Covid or the snow- Brexit has got a piece of this too- though less so for the US. Even there though- when stock levels drop in the US, they have to be replenished from across the pond. Reduced output from factories means low stock levels as stuff is redirected from warehouses. Until we've been safe and stable for a couple months, it's unlikely that we'll hit pre-pandemic peak production.

Here's hoping we're on the mend and vaccines do what we need them to do.

We're all going to need to exercise massive amounts of patience when it comes to shipping for at least the first half of 2021. Covid on its own would've been bad enough but the Covid-Brexit double-whammy has just done an absolute number on goods movement into and out of the UK.

I live in Ireland and with past orders, because we're next door to the UK, stuff would make its way to my door within about 4-5 working days once it'd been shipped out from Nottingham. When it was tracked, I could see it went basically straight from Nottingham to a UK courier hub and then straight to Dublin into our national network.

What's happening now since Brexit is that UPS (who are currently carrying my tracked orders) are routing everything to one of their centres in Herne-Boernig, Germany (!) where (because the goods originated outside the EU) they have to go through customs clearance. To give you an example, the latest tracking I have for one order shows it's been sitting in Germany for 3 weeks now while UPS try and sort things out. I spoke to their customer service earlier in the week and there is, apparently, a massive backlog due to the customs requirements which is just made worse by the general Covid disruptions. Once shipments clear customs they make their way to France (where another one of my packages is now) before likely getting on a direct ferry from France to Ireland as many companies are having to avoid the UK landbridge altogether now.

In short, the whole transport network is completely hosed and every shipping, postal and courier service is struggling. And then if we factor in the obvious struggles GW is having as a manufacturing business at the moment (Covid-Brexit again, woo) they're likely not at full capacity in their production runs so may not immediately have product on hand to fulfill or package orders.

It's a mess, and it's going to be a mess for the forseeable.

Pretty much this. Stores 100% receive weekly shipments to replace lost stock, and customer orders to stores are often in with this, or at least in the same shipment/attempt to get them to arrive at the same time. 

For your information, a local GW manager told me that you dont have to order from the store for them to get credit towards bonus, you can order from home and stuff delivered to the store counts. Ordering directly from store counts towards their financials though. 

Be warned that some Warhammer stores are not receiving their weekly shipments either. I have been a couple of times in my nearest store and they did not have yet the "new releases" of the previous week. Covid and Brexit related issues (expecially Brexit, for those of us that are in continental Europe).

I live in Germany and I had to wait a day for Forgeworld to send a parcel from the moment of sale, I was expecting atleast 3-5 days, no idea how long it will take to get to me but I have now had two deliveries from Wayland games with Hermes that have turned up within 5 days with no problems whatsoever.

I think it all depends on the service used but receiving from the UK has not changed for me in Germany, you just got to keep an eye out that the sender is paying the taxes when they send it.

Over on kickstarter there are some huge problems with UPS and FedEx right now with the UK, they seem to be seriously delayed and charging extra taxes ontop(Most other delivery companies are not dealing with the UK until it all calms down, so these two companies are so backlogged and over worked that things are going wrong, even for UK to UK deliveries).

Internal UK deliveries should not be a problem whatsoever, they shouldn't be going anywhere near the congestion of customs right now but it seems to be overflowing.

Edited by Black_Knight

For whatever it's worth, here in Belgium the GW store is also having issues with receiving orders and even their usual restock. I asked a couple weeks ago about assault intercessors and they told me that they might get a restock that week but weren't sure, and that ordering for store delivery might take up to three weeks to arrive, compared to the usual week.

The winter storm delays are likely a significant portion of it now.

There was a general delay after the Christmas rush, as many warehouse staff got a much needed break and now they have had to catch up for some of those orders.

I was in today, and their standard shipments have been delayed due to the storms, as they don't have WD 461 yet, etc. So with all the stuff going on, just going to have to be a bit patient I think.

I am experiencing strong delays with my White Dwarf subscription as well. Neither the January nor the February issues have arrived yet at my home in Germany (though to complicate matters, I did subscribe to the Japanese version).

I am experiencing strong delays with my White Dwarf subscription as well. Neither the January nor the February issues have arrived yet at my home in Germany (though to complicate matters, I did subscribe to the Japanese version).

January and February issues haven't arrived for me here in New Zealand either, though I did get an email back in December saying Dec and Jan's issues were going to be delayed. But at this point Jan's issue is about a month late from the delayed date.

That said, I can order both issues from my usual online retailer. So I'm guessing it's lost in the mail or something....

I think we can hopefully all agree that:

1) The state of the "real world" is still affecting the hobby in some way

2) GW are one of the few companies genuinely trying their best

3) GW's customer service by & large isn't just the best within their sector...it's pretty much one of the best for any retailers in the world.

4) We've covered all the basics.

Before this devolves into "I bought a box of Raptors and they didn't send me my Nuln Oil as well!" threads....

-swings Crozius-

WHAM

=][= This thread is now closed =][=

Happy Hobbying!

BCC