Games Workshop site broken

tangoalphatwo

They merged the forgeworld and GW sign ons into the My warhammer account as a single sign on.

I linked both my FW and GW accounts to it without any issues.

They said they were going to do this back when they first announced the phone application last summer.

Edit: Relevant article from last year https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/20/my-warhammer-your-warhammer/

My Warhammer is going to be your one Warhammer login to rule them all (Games-Workshop.comForgeWorld.co.uk), and the start of a much richer experience here on Warhammer-Community.com!
Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Thank you for the reply. I used my old password. Luckily I remembered it.

So what had happened was, I clicked on reset my password on the old site, but it took me to the reset my password on the new site. So I had to use my old password to log in and from what o can tell there is no way to reset your old password. Hopefully you guys will remember your old passwords.

A news post in advance on Warhammer Community explaining how this worked would have been helpful! But it seemed to work fine for me. Thankfully I only had to link my GW account and MyWarhammer account and didn't have to worry about Forgeworld.

As an addendum: Seems it links the Games Workshop and Forge World sites. Black Library is still using the old one?

Yeah, I don't think Black Library's log in/account ystem is the same as GW and Forgeworld.

Is this not good news for things like vouchers? Say that they ran the campaign, or similar, where you get £5 if you spend £50, one account may mean money spent on GW, could generate a voucher for FW?

It could be!

As an addendum: Seems it links the Games Workshop and Forge World sites. Black Library is still using the old one?

Yes. BL wasn't included in the website update for the first iteration of the current GW and FW sites either, so they're rather far behind now. Warhammer Digital is also on the old-style site, but that's just the BL site and account system behind the scenes.

So... what if you only had an account on the gw webstore? Its not taking my password, and hitting the "forgot your password" link doesnt seem to do anything after you enter your email.

you need to create a new MYWARHAMMER account. After youve done that you will be promted with a "it looks like you have a GW account", then you sign in to the GW account, automagically linking it with the MYWARHAMMER account.

same goes for FW, if you have it.

So... what if you only had an account on the gw webstore? Its not taking my password, and hitting the "forgot your password" link doesnt seem to do anything after you enter your email.

you need to create a new MYWARHAMMER account. After youve done that you will be promted with a "it looks like you have a GW account", then you sign in to the GW account, automagically linking it with the MYWARHAMMER account.

same goes for FW, if you have it.

Yup, this is exactly what happened with me and my GW and FW accounts

See what happens when you take your eye off the game for a couple of days...

Went to log on this morning for the preorders only to find I needed a new login to access. Panic ensues, can't remember MyWarhammer password, email client has a breakdown when I needed it, much cursing done...

Got what I was after in the end but I hope I never go though that again any time soon ;-/