28mm/1:56 scale/40K cars?

Evil Eye

As I slowly descend into madness, starting far more projects than I can possibly finish, I have developed yet another idea for models to add to my ever-growing backlog; Imperial civilian vehicles (mainly cars) for use as scatter terrain or objectives or the like, either for regular 40K or INQ28. Now, for more industrial vehicles this is no problem- construction and mining vehicles can easily be put together from GW kits. But for, say, a governer's staff car or a commerce-adept's van, we start to run into problems. It seems unlikely that a fried "fish" vendor would be selling his or her wares from a Chimera after all!

So are there any suitably scaled cars and other civilian vehicles that could be easily converted for use in 40K scale (bearing in mind the inherent fuzziness of 40K scale and all)? I'd prefer actual model kits, but cheaper die-cast vehicles would be fine too.

Thanks! I was aware WGE did cars but I didn't realize how many they did. I'm not a fan of all their work but their automobiles are pretty cool! Might have to swipe some of those.

Also, whilst obviously it would need some major conversion to be properly 40K'd up, I discovered Rubicon Models do a 28mm/1:56 scale Volkswagen Beetle for a very reasonable price (less than £15). And it looks really good too!

image_1200x1200.jpg?v=1576782589