Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

'Dryaktylus' Genestealer Patriarch 1st ed fluff short.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,038 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Came across this looking through an old White Dwarf (118 Oct 89) and found this. Thought I would share it for you 3rd and 4th gen Brood members here who may want a trip down nostalgia lane. 

gallery_75911_12240_180032.png

• Jorgend Lupus and 4ndroid like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Rogue

Rogue

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 888 posts
  • Faction: Red Brotherhood and Gorgons
Very cool. Thanks for sharing that - I missed the original by a single issue, as my first White Dwarf was 119.
  • Slave to Darkness likes this

sml_gallery_48988_15094_5489.png sml_gallery_48988_16024_10350.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_13535.png ETL_Medal_02.gif gallery_48988_15465_5689.png ETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gif

Painted this year: kellermorph, five neophytes; gravis captain

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,038 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Back when WD had juicy content. :wub: 

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,087 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

The line about Throned!

I've had the model forever and never seen this!

All this this time, he was a named Patriarch.

Throned Patriarch

There are other pieces to throne- deep, deep in my bits box. I'm going to use 4 different models to represent my Patriarch as he grows throughout the Crusade. Right now, he's one of these four: 

12 Months of Hobby- February Challenge 1

I just don't know which one he is until we play the next round of the campaign: these guys are competing to become the Patriarch. My money is on the one on the left; the human translation of his psychic signature is "The Old One;" he is unique among the four: he was born to a Cult rather than spawned by the Tyranids, and this is not his first insurrection.

Anyway, whoever infects the most humans in series of custom Kill Team missions will be replaced by the current plastic model and becomes blooded. He gets his familiar at Battle Hardened. At Heroic, he picks up another familiar and becomes this guy:

Patriarch: Heroic

Finally, at Legendary, he becomes Dryaktylus. Unless the Tyranids show up... Then he might have to turn into this guy instead:

Broodlord

(I forgot they replaced the metal Tyranid Broodlord with a patriarch style plastic- It's awesome having both classic metal patriarchs and now a classic metal Broodlord too. I don't have all the old metal hybrids, but I have a few- also have multiple classic metal magi and familiars)

Edit: Just double checked my plastic Space Hulk Patriarch: he's different than the GSC army version, and his base is full of skulls. He'll be the Battle Hardened version, and I need to pick up the Coven Command set for the plastic male Magus and the Primus, so I'll use that as the Blooded Patriarch.

Space Hulk Patriarch

He's holding a terminator helmet/ severed head in his left rear hand.

Edited by ThePenitentOne, 20 February 2021 - 02:06 AM.

• Dragonlover and Slave to Darkness like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users