The Soulburners, formerly the Cadian 1022nd

Lhorke The First

I am a long time 40k player and I've been on the BnC for a few years. I remember back in high school constantly looking at the Siege of Vraks stuff on Forgeworld's website, though never buying anything because I was a teenager with no money. I was fascinated with the idea of traitor guard and promised myself In would build such an army one day. Unfortunately, the Vraksian renegades went OOP before I committed to building this army. However, I have been slowly amassing a number of non-power armor chaos miniatures to back up my many Heretic Astartes projects. My random chaos minis box is now full of dark vengeance cultists, traitor guard, a few beastmen negavolt cultists, and two rogue psykers. I also have around 30 necromunda models that have been kitbashed to make some traitor militia. My plan for this former Cadian regiment is to have a core of professional soldiers (BSF traitor guard, necromunda enforces, kitbashed Cadians) and hordes of poorly armed "conscripts" (cultists, necromunda gangers, beastmen etc.)

In terms of armor, I recently one 12 IS-48 Heavy Tanks and Heavy Artillery Tanks from Dust 1947 that I will be modifying with 40k weapon options. 

I have also backed a the Lunar Auxilia Kickstarter and will be receiving all of the infantry (command and line) STL files, so I will be printing a lot of troops.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thatevilone/lunar-auxilia

Because these guys look far more well armored and equipped than the cultists and even the traitor guardsmen, they will make up a different regiment. I plan on getting a Malcador Tank or two to back these guys up.

Thanks for reading. Photos will be coming soon.

Lhorke,

Your 3 completed models look amazing! How do you plan on basing them?

The rounded turret on your IS-48 is a bit like the rounded turret on Khorne's Ire, one of my R&H Russes. Maybe they came from the same Chaos Forgeworld. :)

gallery_88062_14499_140427.jpg

Those Kickstarter models are also quite impressive. I look forward to watching your army grow!

Those Kickstarter models are also quite impressive. I look forward to watching your army grow.

Lhorke,

Your 3 completed models look amazing! How do you plan on basing them?

The rounded turret on your IS-48 is a bit like the rounded turret on Khorne's Ire, one of my R&H Russes. Maybe they came from the same Chaos Forgeworld. :smile.:

gallery_88062_14499_140427.jpg

Those Kickstarter models are also quite impressive. I look forward to watching your army grow!

Those Kickstarter models are also quite impressive. I look forward to watching your army grow.

Thanks Tallarn Commander. The turrets are a little similar, maybe they did indeed come from the same forgeworld! Is that a turret off one of the plastic Patton tanks that came with every bag of green plastic army men?