Mk 10 power armour compatibility with older armour patterns

So I know scale wise, shoulder pads, heads, and helms are pretty standard across the space marine range from a modelling perspective. Is there any fluff on Mk 10 armor's compatibility with older relics a Chapter may have in its inventory? Could a Space Marine officer that has achieved a particular feat in combat be given the honor of donning the Mk III helmet or maybe a shoulder pad worn by a particularly valorous brother from ages past?

I tried doing some searching, but I couldn't find anything. 

The Tome Keepers chapter created by the White Dwarf team includes a conversion of the captain of their 3rd company, Nasiem bal Tergu. They gave him pauldrons from a sternguard model and wrote into his fluff that he kept the pauldrons he wore as a 1st company firstborn after he crossed the rubicon and became Primaris. So there is fluff compatibility for that at least.

Interchangeability has always been a key part of the power armour design brief in and out of universe, i vaguely recall some other mentions and examples of Primaris with relic armour bits like Shrike so it should be legit.

Either way all my Scythes have older model helmets because i prefer them ;) 

Interchangeability has always been a key part of the power armour design brief in and out of universe, i vaguely recall some other mentions and examples of Primaris with relic armour bits like Shrike so it should be legit.

Either way all my Scythes have older model helmets because i prefer them :wink:

That's what I was thinking based on the description I could find about Mk. 10 armour. Various blurbs stating it was designed with the best of Maximus armour and Mk. 7 armour? I believe? I figured there would be some compatibility. 

I have an answer on this a while ago but I’ve gone a full 180

It’s indeed possible in lore to switch bits in and out

While there’s almost nothing written about it there’s a great Vox cast with Jes Godwin where he’s saying marines that crossed the rubicon would absolutely keep certain parts of their old armour, he’s says something like “he’d definitely keep a favourite/lucky shoulder pad or helmet if he wanted, they’re still superstitious semi religious indoctrinated super soldiers”

I’d also say as they made it possible for you to mix and max head shoulder pads etc that they intended you too

I do wonder, given the increase in primaris size, how one uses their old fitted armoured helmet once they've made they change? Shoulder pads maybe, tassets and besagews for sure! I'll just mentally believe they are all the same size, just a bit beefier:D

So I know scale wise, shoulder pads, heads, and helms are pretty standard across the space marine range from a modelling perspective. Is there any fluff on Mk 10 armor's compatibility with older relics a Chapter may have in its inventory? Could a Space Marine officer that has achieved a particular feat in combat be given the honor of donning the Mk III helmet or maybe a shoulder pad worn by a particularly valorous brother from ages past?

I tried doing some searching, but I couldn't find anything. 

If it can help, the cover of the SM codex has a Mk10 armor with a Mk7 helmet.

While there’s almost nothing written about it there’s a great Vox cast with Jes Godwin where he’s saying marines that crossed the rubicon would absolutely keep certain parts of their old armour, he’s says something like “he’d definitely keep a favourite/lucky shoulder pad or helmet if he wanted, they’re still superstitious semi religious indoctrinated super soldiers”

I’d also say as they made it possible for you to mix and max head shoulder pads etc that they intended you too

That's pretty awesome, actually. Thanks for sharing!

That's pretty awesome, actually. Thanks for sharing!

No problem man :)