Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ideas about Stormcast Custodes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Commander_Moustache

Commander_Moustache

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 286 posts
  • Faction: Order of Hyberon

So I have been thinking of doing a Custodes army made out of Stormcast models for a multitude of reasons (Coolness, affordability, conversion ideas etc)

and while I know I am not the first to do this, I would like some idea on how people see the idea, and if anyone can help with one part of the plan.

I have been trying to fathom what to use as a Telermon dreadnought? Should I stick with the normal model, or choose a AoS monster thats of similar hight and on the right base, and if so, what?

My initial idea was to use the "Spirit of the mountain" from the AoS elf range, but that may be too tall to use.

My Astra Millitarum The 88th Airborne Horse Artillery. Enjoy the pics and the WiPs

My Space Marines The Order of Hyberon. All complete so enjoy the work

My Space Wolves Howland Greywolfe's Great company. WiP

That's a good looking Taurox. I'm glad someone in the Imperium has figured out how to put wheels on a truck. Figures it would be a regiment who take their sermons from large dogs and drop horse artillery from aircraft.

Emicus

Emicus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,689 posts
Spirit of the Mountain is way, way too big.
  • Commander_Moustache likes this

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,392 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

I dont think they ever come out looking good, though YMMV ofc, im not a big fan of the stormcast proportions and they absolutely never look like power armour without a huge amount of work. Im not sure you would save much if you are having to bits order the iconic helmets and weapons either.

I cant think of a monster about Telemon sized and humanoid either :( 

Commander_Moustache

Commander_Moustache

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 286 posts

Spirit of the Mountain is way, way too big.

Noted. Shame though.

I dont think they ever come out looking good, though YMMV ofc, im not a big fan of the stormcast proportions and they absolutely never look like power armour without a huge amount of work. Im not sure you would save much if you are having to bits order the iconic helmets and weapons either.

I cant think of a monster about Telemon sized and humanoid either sad.png

I have seen some cool things done to add "Power Packs" to Stormcast to make them marines before, Something similar should be simple enough for Custodes since their power packs are smaller. And as for the helmets and weapons, I am going to be changing them to Puppetswar lion helmets anyway
https://puppetswar.e...elmets_01_1.jpg
I mean look how awsome they are ^^.

And besides that, I think the Custodes swords look goofy. Too thick and beefy for my liking. So was going to swap them for smaller ones and wrist bolters (also by puppetswar) to complete the look, so by using the stormcast swords, I'll be saving money there.

Also was looking at monsters and saw this guy

https://www.games-wo...Stardrake01.jpg

too big for a telemon for sure, but on just the right base size for a Caladius. Taller for sure, but thats a double edged sword.

My Astra Millitarum The 88th Airborne Horse Artillery. Enjoy the pics and the WiPs

That's a good looking Taurox. I'm glad someone in the Imperium has figured out how to put wheels on a truck. Figures it would be a regiment who take their sermons from large dogs and drop horse artillery from aircraft.

Emicus

Emicus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,689 posts
Maybe you could use Grey Knight models. Wrist bolsters and smaller swords :)

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 808 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

I'm not a huge fan of the Custodes models anyway, so I'm all for it. I made some marine/stormcast cross-overs, and I think they do work. I used the vanguard hunters, but maybe the chonky stormcast would work better for Custodes. No idea what they're called :D

Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

My humble Space Wolves plog

sml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

Commander_Moustache

Commander_Moustache

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 286 posts

I'm not a huge fan of the Custodes models anyway, so I'm all for it. I made some marine/stormcast cross-overs, and I think they do work. I used the vanguard hunters, but maybe the chonky stormcast would work better for Custodes. No idea what they're called biggrin.png

May plan on using them for terminators

The plan is also to use dragons/dinos instead of vehicles as well. Because 40k is science fiction fantasy, I'm just leaning on the fantasy. 

TPS

TPS

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch, Grey Knights

You could try and mount one of the endless spells on a Stegadon instead of its usual Skink cargo.

gallery_48988_16308_20607.pngsml_gallery_94427_16628_16366.pngsml_gallery_48988_11572_19630.pngsml_gallery_48988_16024_5294.pnggallery_48988_15094_2398.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users