Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

IA: Imperial Hunters (LASC 2021)

LASC 2021 Index Astartes Dosjetka

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,418 posts

Outline/skeleton:

gallery_45765_13001_179557.jpg
Battle-Brother Kolos Novosad, 6th Company (Reserve)

History:

• 26th Founding (M41);
  • Created to join the Adeptus Praeses around the Eye of Terror;
  • Sent to stand in for the destroyed Black Consuls;
  • Figure of Legend: Chapter Master (stalwart enemy of the servants of Chaos, slew a Daemon Prince);

Home World:

• Home world: Feral ice planet;
  • Maintain distant rule, preferring to keep their stock as "pure" as possible;

Gene-seed:

• Ultramarines gene-stock, but inexplicably altered;
  • Scions of Mars (close to the AdMech, affinity with tech) -> perhaps the AdMech are keeping a close eye on their genetic test-subjects, in case something goes wrong?
  • Lost zygote: Oolitic kidney -> all Marines are less resistant to toxins, but lack of the oolitic kidney can also lead to implant malfunction/rejection and organ failure;

Organisation:

• Followers of the Codex Astartes;
  • Favour close combat, relentless;
  • Quick reaction is the hallmark of this Chapter;
  • Nominal Chapter strength;

Combat Doctrine:

• Favour strength and cunning;
  • Chapter Friends: Imperial Guard raised from a specific world;
  • Chapter Enemies: Eldar Corsairs (specific group);

Beliefs:

• Revere the Emperor above all;

Battle-cry:

• "Forward, for the glory of the Emperor!"

Name, Heraldry, & Livery:

• Chapter name adjectives: Sable, Fiery, Omega, Brothers, Millennial, Mailed, White, Bloody, War, Imperial;
  • Chapter name nouns: Marauders, Brothers, Sons, name of its Chapter's home world, Hunters;
  • Heraldry: raven, chalice, talon, clenched fist, sword;
  • Livery: orange & dark pink.

gallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_12339_7236.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,499 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Does the loss of the oolitic kidney make the Marines more dependant on augmetic organs- and thus, the Tech-priests responsible for their manufacture- to filter toxins from the Marines' bodies?

Was the Chapter
Spoiler
? Pink is considered a feminine color, and
Spoiler

Why use such bright and clashing colors? Does the Chapter planet have a creature bearing such colors, as a warning it's venomous and/or poisonous, and the Marines' adopted the colors to warn enemies what fate awaits them (ironic, considering the Marines' vulnerability to toxins)?
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Gamiel

Gamiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 141 posts

? Pink is considered a feminine color, and

Not in all culture or ages, it was seen as a masculen colour for a long time in Europa for example. 

Spoiler

By that logic could you not use green since it's associated with Nurgle, or red since it's associated with Khorne

• Urauloth likes this

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,006 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)
It's certainly a surprising colour scheme but it does actually work quite well. I'd perhaps call it a "magenta" rather than dark pink, if that can alleviate any ascendency fears? I do think the stone-coloured Aquila works well with the scheme, it adds a welcome bit of desaturation to an already pretty busy colour scheme :)

Do you think the "Hunters" section of the name might come from recruitment practices on their feral world, or from their combat practices (persueing the Corsairs for instance), or are the two inextricably linked? Or perhaps something else entirely, like the founding chapter master happened to like hunting mega-deer and ultra-rabits in his spare time?
Any particular element of their history making them paragons of the Imperium to merit the title "Imperial" in their name?
  • Gamiel likes this
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Gamiel

Gamiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 141 posts

Any ideas about Chapter culture, naming tradition, quirks, or such? How has stationed near the Eye of Terror as part of the Adeptus Praeses affected them? What's their relationship with the rest of the Adeptus Praeses?

Maintain distant rule, preferring to keep their stock as "pure" as possible;

This ^ could be becouse of this:

Ultramarines gene-stock, but inexplicably altered;

Also, could see "preferring to keep their stock as "pure" as possible;" leding to a distain of mutants and/or abhumans and an unwillingness to work with them, maybe openly hostile toward them, no matter how loyal they are.

Lost zygote: Oolitic kidney -> all Marines are less resistant to toxins, but lack of the oolitic kidney can also lead to implant malfunction/rejection and organ failure;

Could see this leading to them having more than normal amount of apothecaries

Chapter Friends: Imperial Guard raised from a specific world.

Any idea which IG regiment? 

Revere the Emperor above all;

Do they belive the Emperor is divine or do they "just" venerate him as more than a man but not a god?

Edited by Gamiel, 21 February 2021 - 02:47 PM.

Urauloth

Urauloth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,196 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Off to an interesting start with these guys. Is it a problem that they share a low gothic name with the Legio Solaria?

Its lonely cry comes shivering through the dark,

As beasts roar at the great biting flames,

"Blessed are the chains that bind him to the darkness

and cursed are the blades that leave him lame"

Zebulon

Zebulon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 675 posts
  • Faction: Several
I like the colour scheme, but it does seem an odd choice for a chapter from an ice planet maybe? It looks more suitable to a tropical setting...?

I also wonder whether the orange parts of the armour could be painted in copper tones rather than orange, potentially?

If close to the AdMech would a Mechrite Red be a suitable alternative to pink? Your call though, I think the pink is just swell and is anyway a hot pink rather than the baby pink more usually associated with the Slaaneshi types.

What’s this “inexplicably altered” gene stock - more info please??
  • Gamiel likes this

Gamiel

Gamiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 141 posts

I like the colour scheme, but it does seem an odd choice for a chapter from an ice planet maybe? It looks more suitable to a tropical setting...?

Now, a Chapters colour don’t need to have anything with their homeworld but here are some possibilities connect the colour pink to their homeworld:

+ for some reason (chemicals, microorganisms, such) is the ice on the world pink

+ one of the more notable predators (or maybe all?) on the world is pink in colour

+ the rock that the Chapter’s fortress monastery is built of/carved into (or maybe just decorated with) is pink

+ pink is seen as a royal/divine colour by the natives

+ pink is seen as the colour of the dead and the natives see the SM as revenants

+ aurora effects on the planet are mostly pink and orange and the natives believe the Chapter/honoured dead/the Emperor lives beyond the aurora

If close to the AdMech would a Mechrite Red be a suitable alternative to pink? Your call though, I think the pink is just swell and is anyway a hot pink rather than the baby pink more usually associated with the Slaaneshi types.

Or maybe pink is the colour of the lockal Forge World?

Edited by Gamiel, 23 February 2021 - 09:36 AM.

• Zebulon and Doctor Perils like this

Zebulon

Zebulon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 675 posts
  • Faction: Several
Agreed, I guess my thinking was going back to the age old argument about camouflage; sure, Marines don’t need it, but why give up a potential advantage? Then again, perhaps despite being from an Ice Planet, they never fight there and have somehow gained mastery in desert combat.

Or, as you say, myriad other possible reasons for their colours. Some of those are quite interesting options by way of explanations.
  • Bjorn Firewalker likes this

Gamiel

Gamiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 141 posts

Agreed, I guess my thinking was going back to the age old argument about camouflage; sure, Marines don’t need it, but why give up a potential advantage?

Camoflage is something you cover up your armour colours with, not something you can have permanent. I mean the Raptors' green colours (which so many seems to praice as camo) are worthless in any environment but forest/jungle (and only forests/jungles with green vegetation). We see them sticking out with their green armour on a Forge World board in one of the WD not so long ago.

We have many illustrations and at least some lore talking about how marines cover their colours in camouflage but it's a bit hard to do that in the game since then you need to repaint them for each new table, wich mean that it's just easier to have them in their main colours and say that they have camo in the story but in the game they seem with out it.

• Bjorn Firewalker and Zebulon like this

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,418 posts
Hello folks! :)

Just wanted to pop in to thank all who've commented so far on my very basic draft. I really do appreciate it. :tu:

Currently quite busy with work and other projects here on the B&C but I'll be sure to post an adequate reply to all of your ideas and questions by the end of next week.

Thanks again and take care!
  • Gamiel likes this

gallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_12339_7236.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Brother Lunkhead

Brother Lunkhead

++ ANTICUS ÆSALON ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,779 posts
  • Faction: Praetorian Sword, Ultramarines

Very fine outline Brother Dosyes.gif

Livery: Orange and Dark Pinkermm.gif ...... the dreaded "pink" word. If I were a betting man I'd wager that if you had said "light burgundy" no one would notice. It's a good color combo and I think they compliment each other well...... It is however, uncomfortably close to the livery of one of my own chapters, so you have to change itmsn-wink.gif

Looking forward to seeing more.

gallery_26154_15777_13780.png

Gamiel

Gamiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 141 posts

Livery: Orange and Dark Pinkermm.gif ...... the dreaded "pink" word. If I were a betting man I'd wager that if you had said "light burgundy" no one would notice. 

There is also cerise :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LASC 2021, Index Astartes, Dosjetka

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users