With the Company of the Grey

Wulf Vengis

Oo, i didn't realize that, thank you Bjorn.

There's another half to Aggni's Saga, but that's for another time.

If we ever get a nice day here again (honestly the weather this year is just total bonkers), i intend to get new pics of all the models I have at "completed" levels. If the weather fails me by my birthday next week I'll set up a light corner to try for better pics.

An actual update for the Grey Company:

med_gallery_33718_6703_290580.jpg

All of these tank parts were primed in Army Painter matte black, they came out seemingly high gloss and sticky to the touch and the paint would smudge off on finger tips. I'm not sure what causes this effect but I've noticed it on a surprising number of models, some resin, others plastic and even pewter.

I painted over some of these models to see what would happen. They took paint fine and it seemed ok, but i just didn't like it. The sticky, shiny some times glass smooth finish before painting just doesn't sit with me.

So i did some research. I'm still not sure what causes it because I've since switched back to...(urm) Krylon, i think (the cans are in the shed pretty sure its krylon though, will correct later if I'm wrong) and it still happens to about 1 out of every 5 models (28-32mm infantry) i prime. This only happens with black primer, until last year I've never seen it happen AT ALL which also strikes me as weird but whatever.

So my final decision was to just dip these tank bits and if i have to re-prime them than i have to re-prime them. However after leaving (forgetting) these resin bits in the simple green for almost a month (waaay beyond the intended dip-time) i was very pleasantly surprised to pull one out and find the detailed areas a strange blood red color. I toothbrush it off and find the shiny, sticky finish just totally gone. The piece looks perfectly primed in matte black, in fact they all do.

I have no idea what happened or why or how.

NOTE: I thought maybe I'd primed them too close or too many passes or maybe didn't wash them well enough before priming (for resin). But the shiny-sticky finish was so prevalent regardless of brand of paint, distance between model and can or even angle, not to mention models of all materials ending this way. That I feel it couldn't be me, it has to be the paint.

TLDR: If your black primer dries sticky and shiny, just give the model a dip and a gentle scrub.

Edited by Wulf Vengis

• 2 months later...

+THE VENGIS ACCORDS+

Edition: 9

-BEGIN TRANSCRIPTION-

CODEX SPACE WOLVES

BLOODCLAWS PACK

Bloodclaw

M /WS /BS /S /T /W /A /Ld /Sv /Pts

6" / 3+ / 4+ / 4 / 4 / 2 / 1 / 7 / 3+ / 15pts

Bloodclaw Pack Leader

6" / 3+ / 4+ / 4 / 4 / 2 / 2 / 7 / 3+ / 15pts

Unit Type

Astartes, Bloodclaws, Imperium, Infantry, Space Wolves, Troops

Unit Composition

1 Blood Claw Pack Leader

4-14 Blood Claws

0-1 Wolf Guard Pack Leader

OR

0-1 Wolf Guard Terminator Pack Leader

Wargear

The Blood Claw Pack Leader and Blood Claws are equipped with the following: Astartes chainsword, bolt pistol, frag and krak grenades.

Options

The Bloodclaw pack leader may replace his Astartes chainsword with one of the following:

Power Axe

Power Fist

Power Sword

The Bloodclaw pack leader may replace his bolt pistol with a Plasma Pistol.

One Bloodclaw may replace his bolt pistol with a plasma pistol.

One Bloodclaw may replace his bolt pistol with one of the following:

Flamer

Meltagun

Plasmagun

10 Bloodclaws: One Bloodclaw may replace his Astartes chainsword with one of the following:

Power Axe

Power Fist

Power Sword

15 bloodclaws: One additional Bloodclaw may replace his Astartes chainsword with one of the following:

Power Axe

Power Fist

Power Sword

Dedicated Transport

This pack may be accompanied by one of the following Dedicated Transport vehicles:

Drop Pod

Rhino

Razorback

This pack may be accompanied by a secondary transport vehicle if it numbers more than ten models, or if the unit is broken into combat squads.

Special Rules

Acute Senses: A unit with this special rule can see twice as far in the dark. Multiply their Night Fighting results by two (2d6x2+BS).

Units with this special rule may reroll missed attack rolls when shooting at invisible units within 12inches.

Furthermore a unit benefiting from this rule rerolls missed attack rolls in melee combat against an invisible opponent.

Angels of Death: When disembarking from a transport that has moved, this unit may choose one of the following:

The unit may move and fire ranged weapons normally, but cannot assault enemy units this turn.

OR

This unit may move and assault normally, but cannot fire ranged weapons this turn.

Berserk Charge: This rule replaces Shock Assault when this unit makes a successful charge move. If this unit successfully charges an enemy unit each Bloodclaw receives +2 to his Attacks characteristic until the end of the turn.

Combat Squads: If this unit numbers 10 or more models, it may be deployed as 2 units of no fewer than 5 models.

Headstrong: If this unit does not contain a Wolf Guard Pack Leader or an Independent Character it loses Objective Secured, furthermore, if there are any enemy units in assault range it must attempt to charge at least one of them.

Know No Fear: Whenever this unit takes a morale test, you can re-roll the dice one time, keeping the second roll.

Objective Secured: This unit is scoring when holding an objective.

Shock Assault: If this unit makes a charge move, is charged or performs a Heroic Intervention, add 1 to the Attacks characteristic of models in this unit until the end of the turn.

GREY HUNTERS PACK

Grey Hunter

6" / 3+ / 3+ / 4 / 4 / 2 / 1 / 7 / 3+ / 15pts

Grey Hunter Pack Leader

6" / 3+ / 3+ / 4 / 4 / 2 / 2 / 7 / 3+ / 15pts

Unit Type

Astartes, Grey Hunters, Imperium, Infantry, Space Wolves, Troops

Unit Composition

1 Grey Hunter Pack Leader

4-9 Grey Hunters

OR

0-1 Wolf Guard Terminator Pack Leader

Wargear

The Grey Hunter Pack Leader and Grey Hunters are equipped with the following:

Astartes Chainsword, Boltgun, Bolt Pistol, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades and Power Armor.

Wargear Options

The Grey Hunter Pack Leader may replace his Astartes Chainsword With one of the following:

Power Axe

Power Fist

Power Sword

The Grey Hunter Pack Leader may replace his bolt pistol with a Plasma Pistol.

One Grey Hunter may take a Wolf Standard.

One Grey Hunter may replace his boltgun with one of the following:

Flamer

Meltagun

Plasma Gun

If there are 10 grey hunters in this pack a second grey hunter may replace his Boltgun with one of the following:

Flamer

Meltagun

Plasma Gun

Up to two Grey Hunters may replace their bolt pistol with a Plasma Pistol.

One Grey Hunter may replace his astartes chainsword with one of the following:

Power Axe

Power Fist

Power Sword

Dedicated Transport

Additionally this unit may be accompanied by a Dedicated Transport:

Drop Pod

Rhino

Razorback

If the unit is broken into Combat Squads it may be accompanied by a second Dedicated Transport:

Drop Pod

Rhino

Razorback

Special Rules

Acute Senses: A unit with this special rule can see twice as far in the dark. Multiply their Night Fighting results by two (2d6x2+BS).

Units with this special rule may also reroll all failed to hit rolls when shooting at an invisible unit IF the target unit is no more than 12 inches away.

Furthermore a unit benefiting from this rule rerolls all to hit rolls in melee combat against an invisible opponent.

Angels of Death: When disembarking from a transport that has moved, this unit may choose one of the following:

The unit may move and fire ranged weapons normally, but cannot assault enemy units this turn.

OR

This unit may move and assault normally, but cannot fire ranged weapons this turn.

Bolter Discipline: Models with this rule firing Rapid Fire BOLT weapons make double the number of attacks if ANY of the following apply:

The firing model’s target is within half the weapon’s maximum range.

The firing model is INFANTRY and every model in its unit remained stationary during this turns Movement phase.

The firing model is a TERMINATOR, BIKER, CENTURION or DREADNOUGHT.

For the purposes of this ability, the following are considered Rapid Fire

Bolt Weapons:

Bolt Rifle

Boltgun

Combi-Bolter

Hurricane Bolter

Marksman Bolt Carbine

Storm Bolter

Twin Boltgun

Combat Squads: If this unit numbers 10 or more models, it may be deployed as 2 units of no fewer than 5 models.

Know No Fear: Whenever this unit takes a morale test, you can re-roll the dice one time, keeping the second roll.

Shock Assault: If this unit makes a charge move, is charged or performs a Heroic Intervention, add 1 to the Attacks characteristic of models in this unit until the end of the turn.

Wolf Standard: Space Wolves units you control within 12 inches of a Wolf Standard reroll failed Morale checks.

WOLF GUARD PACK

Wolf Guard

6" / 3+ / 3+ / 4 / 4 / 2 / 2 / 8 / 3+ / 18pts

Unit Type

Astartes, Elites, Imperium, Infantry, Space Wolves, Wolf Guard

Unit Composition

5-10 Wolf Guard

Wargear

Each Wolf Guard is equipped with the following: Astartes Chainsword, Bolt Pistol, Frag and Krak Grenades and Power Armor.

Options

One Wolf Guard may take a Company Standard (tbd).

Each Wolf Guard may replace his astartes chainsword with one of the following:

Frost Axe

Frost Sword

Plasma Pistol

Power Axe

Power Fist

Power Maul

Power Sword

Thunder Hammer

Wolf Claw

Each Wolf Guard may replace his bolt pistol with one of the following:

Boltgun

Combi-flamer

Combi-melta

Combi-plasma

Frost Axe

Frost Sword

Plasma Pistol

Power Axe

Power Fist

Power Maul

Power Sword

Storm Shield

Thunder Hammer

Wolf Claw

One Wolf Guard may take one of the following heavy weapons:

Heavy Bolter

Lascannon

Missile Launcher

Multi-melta

Plasma Cannon

If there are 10 Wolf Guard in this pack a second Wolf Guard may take one of the following heavy weapons:

Heavy Bolter

Lascannon

Missile Launcher

Multi-melta

Plasma Cannon

Any Wolf Guard may take Meltabombs.

Dedicated Transport

Drop Pod

Rhino

Razorback

If the unit is broken into Combat Squads it may be accompanied by a second Dedicated Transport:

Drop Pod

Rhino

Razorback

One Wolf Guard Pack may be accompanied by one of the following Dedicated Transport vehicles:

Land Raider

Land Raider Crusader

Land Raider Redeemer

Special Rules

Units with this special rule may reroll missed attack rolls when shooting at invisible units within 12inches.

Furthermore a unit benefiting from this rule rerolls missed attack rolls in melee combat against an invisible opponent.

OR

Bolter Discipline: Models with this rule firing Rapid Fire BOLT weapons make double the number of attacks if ANY of the following apply:

The firing model is INFANTRY and every model in its unit remained stationary during this turns Movement phase.

For the purposes of this ability, the following are considered Rapid Fire Bolt Weapons:

Bolt Rifle

Boltgun

Combi-Bolter

Hurricane Bolter

Marksman Bolt Carbine

Storm Bolter

Twin Boltgun

Company Standard: (TBD)

TDA WOLF GUARD PACK

TDA Wolf Guard

5" / 3+ / 3+ / 4 / 5 / 3 / 2 / 8 / 2+ / 30pts

Unit Type

Astartes, Elites, Imperium, Space Wolves, Terminator, Wolf Guard

Unit Composition

3-10 TDA Wolf Guard

Wargear

Each Wolf Guard is equipped with the following: Power Sword, Storm Bolter and Terminator Armor.

Options

One Wolf Guard may take a Company Standard (tbd).

Each Wolf Guard may replace his power sword with one of the following:

Chainfist

Frost Axe

Frost Sword

Power Axe

Power Fist

Power Maul

Thunder Hammer

Wolf Claw

Each Wolf Guard may replace his storm bolter with one of the following:

Chainfist

Combi-flamer

Combi-melta

Combi-plasma

Frost Axe

Frost Sword

Plasma Pistol

Power Axe

Power Fist

Power Maul

Power Sword

Storm Shield

Thunder Hammer

Wolf Claw

One Wolf Guard may take one of the following heavy weapons:

Assault Cannon

Cyclone Missile Launcher

Heavy Flamer

If there are 10 Wolf Guard in this pack a second Wolf Guard may take one of the following heavy weapons:

Assault Cannon

Cyclone Missile Launcher

Heavy Flamer

Dedicated Transport

This pack may be accompanied by a Drop Pod.

This pack may be accompanied by a second Drop Pod if it numbers more than five models, or if the unit is broken into combat squads.

One Wolf Guard Pack may be accompanied by one of the following Dedicated Transport vehicles:

Land Raider

Land Raider Crusader

Land Raider Redeemer

Special Rules

Units with this special rule may also reroll all failed to hit rolls when shooting at an invisible unit IF the target unit is no more than 12 inches away.

Furthermore a unit benefiting from this rule rerolls all to hit rolls in melee combat against an invisible opponent.

OR

Bolt Weapons:

Bolt Rifle

Boltgun

Combi-Bolter

Hurricane Bolter

Marksman Bolt Carbine

Storm Bolter

Twin Boltgun

Company Standard: (TBD)

-END TRANSCRIPTION-

Edited by Wulf Vengis

+THE VENGIS ACCORDS+

-BEGIN TRANSCRIPTION-

CODEX SPACE WOLVES

SKYGUARD PACK

Skyguard

12" / 3+ / 3+ / 4 / 4 / 2 / 2 / 8 / 3+ / 25pts

Unit Type

Astartes, Elites, Imperium, Jump Infantry, Skyguard, Space Wolves

Unit Composition

5-10 Skyguard

Wargear

Each Skyguard is equipped with the following: Astartes Chainsword, Astartes Jump Pack, Bolt Pistol, Frag and Krak Grenades and Power Armor.

Options

Each Skyguard may replace his astartes chainsword with one of the following:

Frost Axe

Frost Sword

Plasma Pistol

Power Axe

Power Fist

Power Maul

Power Sword

Thunder Hammer

Wolf Claw

Each Skyguard may replace his bolt pistol with one of the following:

Boltgun

Combi-flamer

Combi-melta

Combi-plasma

Frost Axe

Frost Sword

Plasma Pistol

Power Axe

Power Fist

Power Maul

Power Sword

Storm Shield

Thunder Hammer

Wolf Claw

Any Skyguard may take Meltabombs.

Dedicated Transport

Stormfang Gunship

Stormwolf

Stormfang Gunship

Stormwolf

Special Rules

OR

For the purposes of this ability, the following are considered Rapid Fire Bolt Weapons:

Bolt Rifle

Boltgun

Combi-Bolter

Hurricane Bolter

Marksman Bolt Carbine

Storm Bolter

Twin Boltgun

-END TRANSCRIPTION-

Edited by Wulf Vengis

+THE VENGIS ACCORDS+

-BEGIN TRANSCRIPTION-

CODEX SPACE WOLVES

SWIFTGUARD PACK

Swiftguard

14" / 3+ / 3+ / 4 / 5 / 2 / 2 / 8 / 3+ / 25pts

Unit Type

Astartes, Bike Infantry, Elites, Imperium, Space Wolves, Swiftguard

Unit Composition

5-10 Wolf Guard

Wargear

Each Swiftguard is equipped with the following: Astartes Chainsword, Astartes Motorcycle, Bolt Pistol, Frag and Krak Grenades, Twin-linked Bolters and Power Armor.

Options

Each Swiftguard may replace his astartes chainsword with one of the following:

Frost Axe

Frost Sword

Plasma Pistol

Power Axe

Power Fist

Power Maul

Power Sword

Thunder Hammer

Wolf Claw

Each Swiftguard may replace his bolt pistol with one of the following:

Boltgun

Combi-flamer

Combi-melta

Combi-plasma

Frost Axe

Frost Sword

Plasma Pistol

Power Axe

Power Fist

Power Maul

Power Sword

Storm Shield

Thunder Hammer

Wolf Claw

Special Rules

OR

Bolt Rifle

Boltgun

Combi-Bolter

Hurricane Bolter

Marksman Bolt Carbine

Storm Bolter

Twin Boltgun

-END TRANSCRIPTION-

+THE VENGIS ACCORDS+

-BEGIN TRANSCRIPTION-

CODEX SPACE WOLVES

WOLF GUARD RANULF

Ranulf was said to be the largest of all the Space Wolves, broader of chest and mightier of arm than even Russ himself. His massive terminator armor stands on display in the hall of heroes to his very day, towering over all who gaze upon its titanic proportions. It is said Ranulf enjoyed displaying his might in wrestling bouts and other shows of pure strength. Ranulf performed many great feats of strength throughout his career, and is even accredited to having pushed the wrecked hull of a land raider into a lava flow to allow his battle brothers to escape the molten river of fire.

Ranulf's death is a story told in great detail and with both great sorrow and great pride; for his death marked the day the Orks would learn to fear the Space Wolves. The forces of Ranulf's Wolf Lord were retreating through a narrow mountain pass following a rare and savage defeat at the hands of the Orks. As the Orks caught up with the rearguard of the retreating forces Ranulf and his packmates made a desperate stand against the orks to buy precious time for their brothers to escape. As the orks approached, the ground literally shook from the stomp of thousands of boots and the walls of the pass echoed with their warcries. Greatly outnumbered the space wolves managed to use the narrow pass to their advantage, keeping the orks trapped in a choke point so that only a handful could get through at any given time. As the hours passed the Space Wolves had piled hundreds of ork bodies like a massive wall that blocked out the setting sun. But even the space wolves couldn't hold out forever, and one by one Ranulf's wolf guard fell to the greenskins until finally, only he remained.

The fight Ranulf gave the orks was legend in itself, it is believed that he doubled the number of ork kills alone after his packmates had fallen. The evidence to this massacre points to fact rather than fiction as when the Space Wolves returned to gather their fallen, they found Ranulf and his packmates bodies, not defiled as would be expected from orks but rather enshrined within thrones hastily made from the countless ork corpses and wargear. To the space wolves Ranulf was a champion, but to his enemies he had become nothing short of a god.

Wolf Guard Ranulf

5" / 2+ / 3+ / 5 / 5 / 3 / 3 / 9 / 2+ / 100pts

Unit Type

Astartes, Character, Elites, Imperium, Independent Character, Space Wolves, Terminator, Wolf Guard

Unit Composition

1 Wolf Guard Ranulf

Wargear

Power Fist, Saga of the Bear, Storm Bolter, Terminator Armor, Wolf Tooth Necklace

Special Rules

Acute Senses: A unit with this special rule can see twice as far in the dark. Multiply its Night Fighting results by two (2d6x2+BS).

OR

Bolt Rifle

Boltgun

Combi-Bolter

Hurricane Bolter

Marksman Bolt Carbine

Storm Bolter

Twin Boltgun

Great Strength: So strong is Ranulf that his attacks threaten to crush bones to powder and burst organs like balloons, and that's without his mighty power fist and invincible armor. For every hit Ranulf scores in close combat he inflicts two wounds.

Saga of the Bear: This model treats mortal wounds as if they were regular wounds.

Wolf Tooth Necklace: This model rerolls failed close combat attacks.

-END TRANSCRIPTION-

Edited by Wulf Vengis

Last one then done for now...

+THE VENGIS ACCORDS+

EDITION: 9

CODEX: Space Wolves

UNIT: Wolf Priest Sternhammer

VERSION: 1.0

-BEGIN TRANSCRIPTION-

WOLF PRIEST STERNHAMMER, THE WARDEN OF THE LOST

Wolf Priest Sternhammer

6" / 2+ / 2+ / 4 / 4 / 5 / 4 / 10 / 3+ /???pts

Unit Type

Astartes, Character, HQ, Imperium, Independent Character, Infantry, Space Wolves, Wolf Priest, 13th Company

Unit Composition

1 Wolf Priest Sternhammer

Wargear

Fang of Morkai, Frag grenades, Healing potions and balms, Iron Wolf Amulet, Master-crafted bolt pistol, Master-crafted thunder hammer, Pelt of the Wulfen, Wolf tail talisman, Wolf tooth necklace

Special Rules

Fang of Morkai: A unit with an attached Wolf Priest ignores minuses to leadership caused by casualties.

Healing Potions and Balms: All models in the same unit as a Wolf Priest gain the Feel No Pain (5+) special rule.

Iron Wolf Amulet: 4+ invulnerable save.

Pelt of the Wulfen: Units attempting to use ranged attacks or weapons against Sternhammer or a unit he has joined receive a -1 penalty to hit.

Wolf Tail Talisman: 5+ Deny the Witch.

-END TRANSCRIPTION-

Edited by Wulf Vengis

Incoming rage release...

Every time I open this :cussing 9th ed codex to try and look something up, or :cussing compare something, or actually even build a gods damned list I find that there is no :cussing entry for the unit in question! I :cussing hate this lack luster piece of :cuss excuse for a supposed codex! Open up the Emperor damned Marines codex and still no :cussing units, this is :cussing bull:cuss! :cuss this :cussing :cuss :cuss the books :cuss James and his :cussty :cussing Workshop :cuss 9th edition :cuss rolled in codecies :cuss legends :cuss marketing :cuss :cuss :cuss it I'm out! :cuss...

I'm sticking to homebrew and 3rd up.

...Rage dispersed.

NOTE: I'm hoping nothing slips past the censor...I'll be editing immediately of need be.

EDIT: All clear.

Edited by Wulf Vengis

Seriously though where the Hel is the Wolf Priest, the Wolf Guard Battle Leader and don't give me that Chaplain and Lieutenant skitja, their not the same dammit!

I want to like 9th edition... I seriously do, the core mechanics are sleek and relatively simple but the codecies seem designed to circumvent as much of the core rules as possible in the most convoluted ways. Every one is loaded with nonsensical jargon attempting to explain the same things in different ways, only to impress a false sense of difference. Yes, each army has special rules that serve to make them unique, but most of the rules between books are swapping the same bonuses and effects around.

Too many things are interfering in game breaking ways that need to be FAQed out. Many rules just don't interact with each other, themselves or the core rules in such ways that they cancel out, create a stack or are rolled off.

The armies are too big, leading to buckets of dice needing to be rolled. Not to mention the endless note taking and libraries of books, printouts or endless screen swiping.

The points costs for many of the core things are way too low, all to allow the entry of apocalyptic vehicles and units. I'm all for having the big nasties but they should be a showpiece in their army, cost effective but limited in number.

Too many things that should be killy are way too killy. Many units that should be effective in their role are too effective and simply don't have counters. Whilst on the the other hand you've got just as many units that should be killy but just aren't and a whole other group of units that are just unplayable.

A lot of units are just op in the hopes to sell kits only to get nerfed into the ground after their "new hotness" minute is up.

There's aura bubbles :cussing everywhere. Every model seems to be putting out at least one aura bubble, so add that to the endless pile of notes being edited on a phase by phase basis.

Units are being retired forcing people to buy the new "better" versions at inflated prices. (Not gonna go into it any further, but just note that this IS A THING that people take into consideration when looking at this game/hobby).

It seems as if the games designers are just that, designers. They're not fans of the factions, or the setting, or the players, or something. It's like they're just creating rules to create them, them just slapping them wherever they can.

It's too much man. There's too much going on, too many contradictions, too much confusion, too many cuts, not enough focus (much like this post but I'm writing "stream of consciousness" or whatever).

I... I think I'm good now...

Edited by Wulf Vengis

Battlescribe is good don't get me wrong. I don't mind using it to get a finalised list but I don't like it enough to really consider it the end all, be all solution. Especially with so many of the issues being game design issues. Something that battlescribe can't combat or rectify, simply display.

Sternhammer, as seen above is essentially a first draft. I'm currently working on litanies and how they work and also on Sternhammer's personal special rules.

Wolf Wolf Priest Sternhammer

6" / 2+ / 2+ / 4 / 4 / 5 / 5 / 10 / 3+ / ???

Unit Type

Astartes, Character, HQ, Imperium, Independent Character, Infantry, Space Wolves, 13th Company

Unit Composition

1 Wolf Priest Sternhammer

Wargear

Fang of Morkai, Frag grenades, Healing potions and balms, Iron Wolf Amulet, Master-crafted bolt pistol, Master-crafted thunder hammer, Pelt of the nátt-bregða, Wolf tail talisman, Wolf tooth necklace

Special Rules

OR

Battle Rites: (Very much under scrutiny.) At the beginning of the this models movement phase choose one of the following:

Oath of War: This model and it's attached unit reroll failed attack rolls in close combat.

Oath of Honor: This model and it's attached unit gain the Fearless and Objective Secured special rules until their next movement phase.

Bolt Rifle

Boltgun

Combi-Bolter

Hurricane Bolter

Marksman Bolt Carbine

Storm Bolter

Twin Boltgun

Fang of Morkai: A unit with an attached Wolf Priest ignores minuses to leadership caused by casualties.

Healing Potions and Balms: This model and it's attached unit gain the Feel No Pain (5+) special rule.

Iron Wolf Amulet: This model has a 4+ invulnerable save.

Pelt of the nátt-bregða: (Under scrutiny.) Units attempting to use ranged attacks or weapons against Sternhammer or a unit he has joined do so following the rules for Night Fighting. If they are unable to see Sternhammer or his unit they may select a different target.

Spiritual Leader: Friendly Space wolves within 6 inches can use the Wolf Priest's Leadership instead of their own.

Warden of the Lost: Wulfen units within 12 inches of Sternhammer lose the Bestial Rage special rule.

Wolf Tail Talisman: 5+ Deny the Witch.

Battle Rites

At the beginning of the Wolf Priest's movement phase choose one of the following:

Litany of Hate: The Wolf Priest and his attached unit reroll failed attack rolls in close combat until their next movement phase.

Oath of Honor: This model and it's attached unit gain the Fearless and Objective Secured special rules until their next movement phase.

Ritual of Ferocity: Whenever this model and it's attached unit make close combat attacks, each wound roll of 6 causes an additional wound, to be saved as normal. These additional wounds cannot generate further wounds.

(More to come.)

Edited by Wulf Vengis

+THE VENGIS ACCORDS+

UNIT: Wulfen Pack

-BEGIN TRANSCRIPTION-

WULFEN PACK

Wulfen

8" / 3+ / 5+ / 5 / 5 / 2 / 3 / 7 / 4+ / ???

Wulfen Pack Leader

8" / 3+ / 5+ / 5 / 5 / 2 / 4 / 7 / 4+ / ???

Unit Type

Astartes, Elites, Imperium, Infantry, Space Wolves, Wulfen

Wargear

Unit Composition

1 Wulfen Pack Leader

4-9 Wulfen

Wargear

(TBA)

Special Rules

OR

Bestial Rage: If this unit does not contain a Wolf Priest it cannot preform actions, furthermore, if there are any enemy units in assault range it must attempt to charge at least one of them.

Bulky: Wulfen count as two models for the purposes of transport capacity. Bulky models cannot enter Rhinos or Razorbacks.

Fearless: This unit is considered to pass all morale and pinning tests and can never be forced to fall back. It can however choose to do so voluntarily.

Frenzied Assault: This rule replaces Shock Assault when charging. Attack rolls of 6 generate an additional attack. These additional attacks cannot generate further attacks.

Savage Killers: Whenever this unit makes close combat attacks, each wound roll of 6 causes an additional wound; these additional wounds can be saved as normal and cannot generate further wounds.

-END TRANSCRIPTION-

+THE VENGIS ACCORDS+

UNIT: Long Fangs Pack

-BEGIN TRANSCRIPTION-

LONG FANGS PACK

Long Fang

6" / 3+ / 3+ / 4 / 4 / 2 / 1 / 7 / 3+ / 15pts

Long Fang Ancient

6" / 2+ / 3+ / 4 / 4 / 2 / 2 / 7 / 3+ / 18pts

Unit Type

Astartes, Heavy Support, Imperium, Infantry, Long Fangs, Space Wolves

Unit Composition

1 Long Fang Ancient

2-5 Long Fangs

OR

0-1 TDA Wolf Guard Pack Leader

Wargear

The Long Fang Ancient is equipped with an Astartes Chainsword, Boltgun, Bolt Pistol, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades and Power Armor.

Each Long Fang is equipped with a Bolt Pistol, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades and Power Armor.

Options

The Long Fang Ancient may replace his Astartes Chainsword With one of the following:

Power Axe

Power Fist

Power Maul

Power Sword

The Long Fang Ancient may replace his Boltgun with one of the following:

Bolt Pistol

Flamer

Grav-gun

Helfrost Pistol

Meltagun

Plasma Gun

Plasma Pistol

The Long Fang Ancient may replace his Bolt Pistol with one of the following:

Helfrost Pistol

Plasma Pistol

Each Long Fang must take one of the following heavy weapons:

Grav-cannon

Heavy Bolter

Lascannon

Missile Launcher

Multi-melta

Plasma Cannon

Dedicated Transport

Drop Pod

Rhino

Razorback

Stormfang Gunship

Stormwolf

Special Rules

OR

Bolt Weapons:

Bolt Rifle

Boltgun

Combi-Bolter

Hurricane Bolter

Marksman Bolt Carbine

Storm Bolter

Twin Boltgun

Hunter's Eye: So long as the ancient lives and his weapon rests, he can focus his packmates fire more accurately on a single target or direct their fire at multiple targets.

As long as the Long Fang Ancient does not for his weapon in the shooting phase The Long Fangs may declare their shooting attack at a single target using the Long Fang Ancients BS. Alternatively the ancient may direct their fire at up to two targets, these less focused volleys are made with the units normal BS.

-END TRANSCRIPTION-

+THE VENGIS ACCORDS+

Unit: Wolf Lord

-BEGIN TRANSCRIPTION-

WOLF LORD

Wolf Lord

6" / 2+ / 2+ / 4 / 4 / 6 / 5 / 9 / 3+ / ???

Unit Type

Astartes, HQ, Imperium, Independent Character, Infantry, Space Wolves, Wolf Lord

Unit Composition

1 Wolf Lord

0-2 Fenrisian Wolves

Wargear

A Wolf Lord is equipped with an Astartes Chainsword, Belt of Russ, Bolt Pistol, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades, Master-crafted Boltgun and Power Armor.

Options

A Wolf Lord may replace his Master-crafted Boltgun with one of the following:

Bolt Pistol

Chainsword

Combi-flamer

Combi-melta

Combi-plasma

Frost Axe

Frost Sword

Lightning Claw

Plasma Pistol

Power Axe

Power Fist

Power Maul

Power Sword

Storm Bolter

Thunder Hammer

Wolf Claw

A Wolf Lord may replace his Chainsword with one of the following:

Frost Axe

Frost Sword

Lightning Claw

Power Axe

Power Fist

Power Maul

Power Sword

Storm Shield

Thunder Hammer

Wolf Claw

A Wolf Lord may replace his Bolt Pistol with one of the following:

Helfrost Pistol

Plasma Pistol

A Wolf Lord may take Meltabombs.

A Wolf Lord may be accompanied by up to two Fenrisian wolves.

Special Rules

Acute Senses

Ancient Rivalry <Dark Angels>

Angels of Death

Belt of Russ

Bolter Discipline

Hated Enemy <Thousand Sons>

Independent Character

Jarl of Fenris

Know No Fear

Objective Secured

Shock Assault

TDA LORD

TDA Wolf Lord

5" / 2+ / 2+ / 5 / 5 / 6 / 5 / 9 / 2+ / ???

Unit Type

Astartes, HQ, Imperium, Independent Character, Space Wolves, Terminator, Wolf Lord

Unit Composition

1 TDA Lord

0-2 Fenrisian Wolves

Wargear

A TDA Lord is equipped with a Belt of Russ, Power Sword, Master-crafted Storm Bolter and Terminator Armor.

Options

A TDA Lord may replace his Master-crafted Storm Bolter with one of the following:

Combi-flamer

Combi-melta

Combi-plasma

Frost Axe

Frost Sword

Lightning Claw

Power Axe

Power Fist

Power Maul

Power Sword

Thunder Hammer

Wolf Claw

A TDA Lord may replace his Power Sword with one of the following:

Frost Axe

Frost Sword

Lightning Claw

Power Axe

Power Fist

Power Maul

Storm Shield

Thunder Hammer

Wolf Claw

A TDA Lord Lord may take Meltabombs.

A TDA Lord may be accompanied by up to two Fenrisian wolves.

Special Rules

Acute Senses

Angels of Death

Belt of Russ

Bolter Discipline

Independent Character

Jarl of Fenris

Know No Fear

Objective Secured

Shock Assault

BIKE LORD

Bike Lord

14" / 2+ /2+ /4 /5 / 6 / 5 / 9 / 3+ / ???

Unit Type

Astartes, HQ, Imperium, Independent Character, Biker, Space Wolves, Wolf Lord

Unit Composition

1 Bike Lord

0-2 Fenrisian Wolves

Wargear

A Bike Lord is equipped with an Astartes Chainsword, Astartes Motorcycle, Belt of Russ, Bolt Pistol, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades and Power Armor.

Options

A Bike Lord may replace his Bolt Pistol with one of the following:

Chainsword

Combi-flamer

Combi-melta

Combi-plasma

Frost Axe

Frost Sword

Lightning Claw

Plasma Pistol

Power Axe

Power Fist

Power Maul

Power Sword

Storm Bolter

Thunder Hammer

Wolf Claw

A Bike Lord may replace his Chainsword with one of the following:

Frost Axe

Frost Sword

Lightning Claw

Power Axe

Power Fist

Power Maul

Power Sword

Storm Shield

Thunder Hammer

Wolf Claw

A Bike Lord may take Meltabombs.

A Bike Lord may be accompanied by up to two Fenrisian wolves.

Special Rules

Acute Senses

Angels of Death

Belt of Russ

Bolter Discipline

Independent Character

Jarl of Fenris

Know No Fear

Objective Secured

Shock Assault

Turbo Boost

JUMP LORD

Jump Lord

12" / 2+ / 2+ / 4 / 4 / 6 / 5 / 9 / 3+ / ???

Unit Type

Astartes, HQ, Imperium, Independent Character, Jump Infantry, Space Wolves, Wolf Lord

Unit Composition

1 Jump Lord

0-2 Fenrisian Wolves

Wargear

A Jump Lord is equipped with an Astartes Chainsword, Astartes Jump Pack, Belt of Russ, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades, Master-crafted Bolt Pistol and Power Armor.

Options

A Jump Lord may replace his Master-crafted Bolt Pistol with one of the following:

Chainsword

Combi-flamer

Combi-melta

Combi-plasma

Frost Axe

Frost Sword

Lightning Claw

Plasma Pistol

Power Axe

Power Fist

Power Maul

Power Sword

Storm Bolter

Thunder Hammer

Wolf Claw

A Jump Lord may replace his Chainsword with one of the following:

Frost Axe

Frost Sword

Lightning Claw

Power Axe

Power Fist

Power Maul

Power Sword

Storm Shield

Thunder Hammer

Wolf Claw

A Jump Lord may take Meltabombs.

A Jump Lord may be accompanied by up to two Fenrisian wolves.

Special Rules

Acute Senses

Angels of Death

Belt of Russ

Bolter Discipline

Deepstrike

Independent Character

Jarl of Fenris

Know No Fear

Objective Secured

Shock Assault

SPECIAL RULES

Acute Senses A unit with this special rule can see twice as far in the dark. Multiply their Night Fighting results by two (2d6x2+BS).

Ancient Rivalry <Dark Angels>: Models with this special rule reroll failed charge results against models with the unit type Dark Angels.

OR

Belt of Russ: This model has a 4+ (4++) invulnerable save.

Bolter Discipline: Models with this rule firing Rapid Fire bolt weapons make double the number of attacks if ANY of the following apply:

Bolt Weapons:

Bolt Rifle

Boltgun

Combi-Bolter

Hurricane Bolter

Marksman Bolt Carbine

Storm Bolter

Twin Boltgun

Deepstrike: When arriving from the reserve list, place this unit anywhere on the battlefield that is more than 12" away from any enemy units. If it is a transport any units embarked aboard it must immediately disembark, and must be placed more than 9" away from any enemy models (if any models cannot be placed in this way they are removed as casualties). Units that deepstrike are considered to have moved during the movement phase and cannot declare assaults, they may however run or shoot.

Hated Enemy <Thousand Sons>: Models with this special rule reroll attack rolls of 1 against models with the unit type Thousands Sons.

Independent Character: This model may be deployed as part of another unit or on its own, furthermore this model may leave or join other units during its own movement phase.

Jarl of Fenris: Re-roll all attack rolls of 1 for friendly Space Wolves units within 6" of this model. If this model is your Force Commander, re-roll all attack rolls of 1 for friendly Imperium units within 6" of this model.

Turbo Boost: When this unit Advances, add 6" to its Movement instead of rolling a d6.

-END TRANSCRIPTION-

Edited by Wulf Vengis

• 2 weeks later...

Had to paint in the kitchen today. Of course about 20 minutes goes by and for the first time in months someone other than me wants to cook.

So now I've finished the paint that was on my palette and packed it up.

"Family life is great!" He said through a forced smile...

So i got some grey on all the doors and 2 of the stabilizer fins. Yay progress.

EDIT: Clarification: I wanted to paint for the first time in a couple months whilst keeping an eye on the kids so I cleaned up the kitchen and set up on the stove only to have to immediately pack up because somebody wanted to cook.

Edited by Wulf Vengis

Had to paint in the kitchen today. Of course about 20 minutes goes by and for the first time in months someone other than me wants to cook.

So now I've finished the paint that was on my palette and packed it up.

"Family life is great!" He said through a forced smile...

So i got some grey on all the doors and 2 of the stabilizer fins. Yay progress.

EDIT: Clarification: I wanted to paint for the first time in a couple months whilst keeping an eye on the kids so I cleaned up the kitchen and set up on the stove only to have to immediately pack up because somebody wanted to cook.

Ok that makes a ton more sense

I was like...is he using heat to remove paint or something?

Is he using swedish fish for secret recipe colors?

Trolli the Sour-bright Slayer...

Neon green power sword...

Bright dayglow yellow...

Florescent light blue instead of grey...

Highlighter pink instead of red...

White instead of black...

This could be done...

EDIT: Maybe put him on bike or Thunderwolf for fenrisian Doomrider.

Fallen to the Lord of excesses, Trolli could be easily spotted on the battlefield. His brightly painted power armor drawing the attention of his loyalist foes and leading then to his position. But like a rave party laser-strobe in the night he would vanish as quickly as he appeared, only to reappear on the other side of the galaxy, his oath to Slaanesh ever unfulfilled; to his own twisted amusement.

Edited by Wulf Vengis

Ok, I've got this code thing in my codex for a digital copy on the GW app. I'm not going to use it. Ever. Period. I would like to GIVE this code to someone who may need it*.

Spread the word to someone you know or Send me a PM and I'll get back to you.

*I know I can't guarantee it'll go to someone in actual desperate need but i can't stand the fact that i have this useless (to me at least) digital code and would like to help out a Frater or friend/family of a Frater.

Edited by Wulf Vengis