Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kill Team - Killzone Expansion Sets

Kill Team game

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
116 replies to this topic

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,223 posts
They are £60.
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,943 posts

They are £60.

And here it is in USD:
0bf0fee57e69263888f91eba066ec362.jpg

100 each isn't too bad I think?

Edited by Gederas, 22 February 2021 - 03:15 PM.

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,687 posts
  • Faction: Knights of House Jenius

They are £60.

And here it is in USD:

Considering the Munitorum set is worth $155 (1 Galvantic servo hauler and 2 munitorum container sets), yeah that looks like a nice deal. 

I did manage to find an old Ryza ruin set at a FLGS for $80, so +20 for an full building sounds nice as well. It's parsing the thrid set I'm not sure on since I don't know the exact kits it has outside of the plasma pipes and those aren't listed anymore. 

Edited by Focslain, 22 February 2021 - 05:23 PM.

A challenge is a challenge till it is beaten, then it is a victory.
The greater the challenge the greater the victory, so I challenge the impossible.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,848 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Wooo those are some really solid savings

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

SirJyo

SirJyo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 237 posts
  • Faction: Black templars,
Shame death world forrest didn't return, not too much greenery from gw terrain these days.
  • Slave to Darkness and Bev'an like this
Who?

gorg_graggel

gorg_graggel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 64 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders, AdMech

They are £60.

And here it is in USD:
Considering the Munitorum set is worth $155 (1 Galvantic servo hauler and 2 munitorum container sets), yeah that looks like a nice deal.

I did manage to find an old Ryza ruin set at a FLGS for $80, so +20 for an full building sounds nice as well. It's parsing the thrid set I'm not sure on since I don't know the exact kits it has outside of the plasma pipes and those aren't listed anymore.
80 bucks for the Ryza ruins? Wow, scalping much? That 'F' in the FLGS might mean something different than 'friendly'. This kit used to be in the 20-30€/£ area iirc, so shouldn't be more than 40-50$ (or are you talking AUS or NZ?). Unless there used to be a different Ryza set I'm not aware of.

Also as an addendum to previous information in here:
The Fronteris set is a fully unique set. It doesn't use any sprues from the Ryza Ruins set. There is not a single re-used piece between those kits. Some are similar and the style obviously is, but none is a 100% copy.

I just cracked open both sets, because I wanted to see if the Fronteris set had 1 or 2 sets of the Ruins to help out with the value calculation, but they're all different sprues with zero re-use.

Edited by gorg_graggel, 23 February 2021 - 12:12 AM.

• Black_Knight likes this

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,389 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

What's the conversion for Aust dollars..??.. if I may ask... blush.png 

Mithril 

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,943 posts

They are £60.

And here it is in USD:

80 bucks for the Ryza ruins? Wow, scalping much? That 'F' in the FLGS might mean something different than 'friendly'. This kit used to be in the 20-30€/£ area iirc, so shouldn't be more than 40-50$. Unless there used to be a different Ryza set I'm not aware of.

I think Focslain is referring to the Ryza terrain Killzone which was 80 USD?

Mithril 

A kidney, your left leg and firstborn child ;)

Edited by Gederas, 23 February 2021 - 12:00 AM.

• Vanger likes this

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,389 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

Mithril 

A kidney, your left leg and firstborn child msn-wink.gif

Hang on i'm in Australia ,unlike America WE have a free healthcare system msn-wink.gif so the kidney and leg are provided for... but my son said he's not going... for some fancy terrain set... sweat.gif 

so money it is...

Mithril 

• SteveAntilles and Black_Knight like this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

gorg_graggel

gorg_graggel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 64 posts

I don't think so, he says +20 compared to the Ruins for the full building. I also edited my previous post with some additional info regarding the uniqueness of the Fronteris set I wasn't aware of.

Edit: Also, I was so distracted by the Ryza thing that I forgot to post something about the Mechanicus set...

https://www.chaosbun...tor-mechanicus/

Here's a review from the initial release with pictures of all the sprues. (Don't worry about the '.de', it's in English. ;) )

Edited by gorg_graggel, 23 February 2021 - 12:29 AM.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,223 posts
For what it's worth they come with boards too so not bad. The fronteris set isn't epic value but that bunker is too cool not to grab.
Hidden Content

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,014 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
The Ryza Ruins box was split in half between the Kill Teams that released alongside the original Sector Fronteris box - one sprue (half of a Ryza Ruins box) as with the Theta-7 Kill team with the Manipulus, and the duplicate sprue (half of a Ryza Ruins box) was in the GSC Kill team box with the Kellermorph. None of the actual Ryza Ruins parts were in the Sector Fronteris box.

Sector Fronteris does share at least some sprues with the Moon Base Klaisus box though - I believe you got one sprue that is the same between the two kits in Moon Base Klaisus, and then the Moon Base Klaisus also has one of the Ryza Ruins sprues in it.

Fronteris is two of the Moon Base Klaisus sprues that aren't the Ryza Ruins, and then the unique building and roof sprues.
  • gorg_graggel likes this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

gorg_graggel

gorg_graggel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 64 posts

The Ryza Ruins box was split in half between the Kill Teams that released alongside the original Sector Fronteris box - one sprue (half of a Ryza Ruins box) as with the Theta-7 Kill team with the Manipulus, and the duplicate sprue (half of a Ryza Ruins box) was in the GSC Kill team box with the Kellermorph. None of the actual Ryza Ruins parts were in the Sector Fronteris box.

Sector Fronteris does share at least some sprues with the Moon Base Klaisus box though - I believe you got one sprue that is the same between the two kits in Moon Base Klaisus, and then the Moon Base Klaisus also has one of the Ryza Ruins sprues in it.

Fronteris is two of the Moon Base Klaisus sprues that aren't the Ryza Ruins, and then the unique building and roof sprues.

You're right, I completely forgot about the Klaisus set. It is just 3 sprues though. 2 of the Ruins and 1 of the Fronteris sprues. One of the Fronteris sprues remains unique to the Killzone and both are included twice. In terms of value the Fronteris set is not that great a deal though. It's only got 4 (large) sprues, while the Mechanicus and Munitorum ones have 8 large ones each (Mechanicus has 6 large ones and 4 small ones). It really is only interesting if you want the building.

Edit:

Hm, I wonder if Munitorum and Mechanicus are actually the same as the initial ones. The price list above lists them as 'Mechanicus Refinery' and 'Munitorum Hub', whereas originally they were 'Sector Mechanicus' and 'Sector Munitorum'. They were considered very good deals, maybe GW reduced their contents to make them more equivalent to the Fornteris set?

Edit2:

Nvm, on Warcom they are shown off to be the same ones.

Edit3:

The large sprues of the Mechanicus set seem to be the same as those in the current Kill Team starter set. Instead of the Pipes the starter set has some Reivers and Fire Warriors though.

Edited by gorg_graggel, 23 February 2021 - 02:15 AM.

Urauloth

Urauloth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,236 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Glad these are back, I hope they stick around this time.

Its lonely cry comes shivering through the dark,

As beasts roar at the great biting flames,

"Blessed are the chains that bind him to the darkness

and cursed are the blades that leave him lame"

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,014 posts
The Sector Mechanicus Kill Zone is the same terrain you get in the Kill Team starter box minus the plasma conduits, but IIRC the board in the starter box is thicker and folds less.

I'd been hoping that these might all come back out with the boards similar to the starter box, but given the depicted size being identical to the original offerings, they probably still use the more folded, and at least seemingly thinner, board.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,164 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion
The classic "discontinue and then reimplement at a higher price". Truly the most enshrined of marketing techniques.
  • mithrilforge, Interrogator Stobz, Marshal Loss and 7 others like this

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,293 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!
Seems odd to me that they didn't also reinstate the Sector Sanctoris at the same time. That one was interesting because it had some ground scatter pieces you could previously only get in Urban Conquest.
  • SufficientAnonymity likes this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.png gallery_84244_11417_5535.png

gorg_graggel

gorg_graggel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 64 posts
Don't think Sanctoris was particularly popular. Seems like they had one last lingering box in German, which was oddly available in the UK store up to a few days ago.

The scatter terrain was also available in the 3 faction boxes that came out with the Elites book (Dolorous Strain, Fractal Blades and Toofripper's Krew).
  • SufficientAnonymity likes this

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,687 posts

I don't think so, he says +20 compared to the Ruins for the full building. I also edited my previous post with some additional info regarding the uniqueness of the Fronteris set I wasn't aware of.

Edit: Also, I was so distracted by the Ryza thing that I forgot to post something about the Mechanicus set...

https://www.chaosbun...tor-mechanicus/

Here's a review from the initial release with pictures of all the sprues. (Don't worry about the '.de', it's in English. msn-wink.gif )

It was the Moonbase set. It just had the Ryza ruins in it so my brain defaulted to calling it that. Sorry for the confusion. 

I was going to get it, but my friend told me about the Killzone release and I stopped my purchase. Needed the money to get the new Fronteris set (and a Mechanicus set). 

The greater the challenge the greater the victory, so I challenge the impossible.

Firedrake Cordova

Firedrake Cordova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,419 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders

It's parsing the thrid set I'm not sure on since I don't know the exact kits it has outside of the plasma pipes and those aren't listed anymore. 

If you're looking for a breakdown of the Mechanicus set:

Thermic Plasma Conduits: £22.50 (I think that's what they were before they were discontinued)

Alchomite Stack: £30

Ferratonic Incinerator: £45

Dunno if that helps smile.png

Edited by Firedrake Cordova, 23 February 2021 - 12:49 PM.

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,687 posts

It's parsing the thrid set I'm not sure on since I don't know the exact kits it has outside of the plasma pipes and those aren't listed anymore. 

If you're looking for a breakdown of the Mechanicus set:

Thermic Plasma Conduits: £22.50 (I think that's what they were before they were discontinued)

Alchomite Stack: £30

Ferratonic Incinerator: £45

Dunno if that helps smile.png

It does, so translated to USD that is:

Thermic Plasma Conduits - $40 (guessing)

Alchomite Stack - $50

Ferratonic Incinerator - $75 (yikes)

For a total value of $165, not bad considering you get a neat board as well. Might try for a second set of both later down the line and replenish my backlog after that monster construction bay project. 

• Firedrake Cordova likes this

Hfran Morkai

Hfran Morkai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,567 posts
  • Faction: Space wolves
I'm very tempted by these killzones. I've two issues of Conquest for the thermoplasmic conduits but could always do with more as well as the rest of the terrain.
QUOTE (A D-B @ Jan 10 2011, 12:45 PM)
THE CUSTODIANS AREN'T PSYCHIC OH MY GOD I HATE YOU MIKAL.

gallery_24878_5332_45982.jpg

aa.logan

aa.logan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 551 posts
  • Faction: Kartash’s pious stink
Looking at the NZ website, they have new box art for the Killzones, and are re-pushing the 2nd ed box set. Not really significant, perhaps, but notable.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,223 posts
The sector munitorum set has had a 20% price hike with...

A THIRD LESS CONTAINERS!!!!

They've actually reduced the number of containers from 6 to 4.

Triggered I am...
  • Dosjetka and Dark Shepherd like this
Hidden Content

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,014 posts
The Sector Mechanicus shown on the NZ site/pre-ordered there does not have the Ferratonic Incinerator kit and has three of the plasma conduits sprue sets - the original Plasma Conduits box came with two of the sprue sets, so it's a box and a half of that kit plus the Alchomite Stack kit. It's got the board and no cards.

The Munitorium kit appears to only have four containers in it, not six.

The Fronteris kit appears to have one additional sprue in it, because it has an extra barricade, Inquisition chest, and one or possibly two ruined wall segments.

Edit: All the boxes have no game cards in them.

The boards might actually be larger and less folded than the previous Kill Zone boxes - I'm trying to determine that for sure, but the KZ Sector Mechanicus looks like it is folded the same as the Kill Team starter box, which is less folds than the original version of that board.

I'm not sure whether I consider these a good value, but you definitely can't get the plasma conduits or the bunker building in Fronteris ny other way right now.

(Well, not entirely true, you can get one sprue set of plasma conduits per box of Necromunda: Dark Uprising)
  • 01RTB01 and cretacianborn like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kill Team game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users