Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kill Team - Killzone Expansion Sets

Kill Team game

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
116 replies to this topic

cretacianborn

cretacianborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 232 posts
  • Faction: Flesh Tearers
In the Sector Mechanicus set you don't get the raised walkway section around the large pipe stack despite it being advertised as such last week in the Sunday roundup. Kind of annoying as I was going to grab two of these boxes, now they definitely don't seem like such a good deal. It's literally just a battlefield of pipes with two small stacks.

50983237523_236d3c25f9_w.jpg

Edit: Apologies, Bryan mentioned this in his post before mine.

Edited by cretacianborn, 27 February 2021 - 12:29 AM.

gallery_45765_12339_531.pnggallery_45765_12339_7181.png

Instagram - cretacianborn

Twitter - cretacianborn

Flesh Tearers Spearhead Force - WIP

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,910 posts
Also worth noting that the sector munitorum pic on the preview had 6 containers on the pic but only comes with 4 according to the pre order description...

Sorry but this is faecal and it's really angered me...
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,856 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Well, that's thoroughly taken the shine off this re-release for me.

• AenarIT likes this

bRxSYDV.png

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,910 posts

Well, that's thoroughly taken the shine off this re-release for me.

It's really annoying for sure. They weren't wrong when they labelled them as "new boxes" rather than a rerelease 😢🤦
  • Marshal Loss likes this
Hidden Content

Mmmmm Napalm

Mmmmm Napalm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 307 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

well this is a load of :cuss

• AenarIT likes this

gorg_graggel

gorg_graggel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 84 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders, AdMech
Huh, so the change of names indicated in the price list did mean something after all. Bummer, hoped for a reprint of the old boxes...

Warcom's cock ups seem to have accumulated around Kill Team specifically lately. First they said that all Indomitus units would get rules, then the inclusion of the core rules in the Pariah set and then the use of the old images describing the killzone contents. They usually don't make THAT many mistakes in such a short time frame and just for one game.

Who knows, maybe when the pre-orders go up in a few hours, we'll find out that the Pariah set is actually two boxes, one for Marines and one for Necrons, or that there are just 3 instead of 5 models per unit included. All for the same low price of course and because it's such a good deal they thought to grace us with the opportunity to pay twice to get the whole previously announced set... XD

Edited by gorg_graggel, 27 February 2021 - 03:25 AM.

• Mmmmm Napalm likes this

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,267 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
What I find interesting is that WarCom actually changed the pictures in the article to what’s being displayed in the pre-orders now than the old images they had before.

I actually wonder if the WarCom folks just weren’t told the right information at all and given things that were incorrect to display/write about. May have been a marketing decision made without their involvement for whatever reason.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,910 posts

What I find interesting is that WarCom actually changed the pictures in the article to what’s being displayed in the pre-orders now than the old images they had before.

I actually wonder if the WarCom folks just weren’t told the right information at all and given things that were incorrect to display/write about. May have been a marketing decision made without their involvement for whatever reason.

Randomly not at this end. Just been on the Sunday preview and its still the old pics...
Hidden Content

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,267 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
Huh - I was looking at the post about Kill Zones from the 23rd and it looked like different images.

I'm probably misremembering and they are the same as they originally were.

That post has the old boxes shown in one pic, but with two of the new box covers shown below without the box art text or logo styling on it.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,190 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him

Well that's a shame, and a mad price too. The Sector Fronteris one now looks to be the best of a bad bunch....

Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

Reough

Reough

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts
What a terrible deal... With the munitorum depot you're actually paying more Vs buying a set of containers and the conservator set which has and single container and set of engines.

cretacianborn

cretacianborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 232 posts
Really let down by this release now. I was going to get two Fronteris and two Mechanicum so I could get some nice variety in the boards but knowing I'm getting less than before for the same price sucks. I don't want a board full of pipes and no variety in height. sad.png
  • Mmmmm Napalm and AenarIT like this

Twitter - cretacianborn

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,190 posts
I do wonder how many ppl might have pre-preordered these through flgs (to help with securing stock) only to find they weren't as advertised? And also what retailers ordered these not realising they weren't the same items?
  • 01RTB01 likes this
Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,812 posts

The only thing I have to say about this is: it's a joke. GW are going from bad to worse with regards to pricing. A 20% increase could've been justifiable to some as it's still a fairly decent deal on buying the kits separately (disputable, but not the topic of this thread) but a 20% increase with less content? That's just taking the piss and GW probably thinks they can get away with it, too.

• Firedrake Cordova, Tyrannicide, Marshal Loss and 9 others like this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

cretacianborn

cretacianborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 232 posts

The only thing I have to say about this is: it's a joke. GW are going from bad to worse with regards to pricing. A 20% increase could've been justifiable to some as it's still a fairly decent deal on buying the kits separately (disputable, but not the topic of this thread) but a 20% increase with less content? That's just taking the piss and GW probably thinks they can get away with it, too.

Finding it difficult to disagree, besides the obvious less content for more money (and I'm not normally one to get the pitchfork out for GW) but if you're going to advertise something to drum up hype for orders it's probably best to make sure you're displaying the correct information about the product and it's contents. Feels like they're skirting pretty close to false advertising there.

The images on the Sunday preview are still the old kits, and it looks like the pulled the pictures of the kits from Tuesday's Kill Zone article on WarCom.
  • PJ1933, Son of Carnelian and 01RTB01 like this

Twitter - cretacianborn

gorg_graggel

gorg_graggel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 84 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders, AdMech
They always do that. When a mistake in an article becomes apparent and IF it gets fixed, they don't acknoledge it. It' just being changed as if nothing was ever wrong. No note in the article, no informing article, no facebook or twitter post, nothing. With some errors it's no big deal, but this one is absolutely falsely advertized and they waited until the very end to change one of those articles, again without notice. I checked as soon as I saw this news emerging here and all articles were still showing the old kits' pics. They must have changed it withing the last 4-5 hours.
  • AenarIT likes this

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 661 posts

The classic "discontinue and then reimplement at a higher price". Truly the most enshrined of marketing techniques.

plus slightly less contents, don't forget that!

• AenarIT likes this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,910 posts
I for one had asked my local for a fronteris and a munitorum set based on Sunday's pictures. Generally stores put in for orders on the Monday after its shown the day before.

I really don't fancy paying Canadian prices for less. However, local stores have been shafted enough with delays and lack of stock so they're really struggling. Normally I love GW stuff, cope with the pricing etc but with this they really do seem to have ramped up the urine extraction. I will bang in a well worded grumpy email as they're out of order on this one. If me random pleb notices the difference surely they must have done when constricting the article. It's dishonest and misleading...
  • cretacianborn likes this
Hidden Content

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,910 posts
I've sent an email. Won't do anything but a level of cathartacism for myself:

"Dear sir or madam,

I hope this finds you well.

I don't know which department this should go to but I'm writing to you about the Killzone boxes that have gone up for pre order today.

On the Sunday preview the "box contents" were shown. On this bases I spoke to my local store requesting one box each of the munitorum and fronteris set. There's been a 20% price increase in a short period but the boxes are decent value. Or so initially thought.

Fast forward to pre order day...

Browsing the GW site I find that the contents are different as to what was shown on the Sunday preview... The munitorum set actually contains 2 less containers AND no crane. The third set (that isn't fronteris) doesn't contain the piece with height it's just a bunch of pipes.

On this basis how many local or inde shops have placed orders on false information? I for one put my request in due to what was seen erroneously in the Sunday preview. What seemed like a cash grab with the price hike now also contains different contents to initially advertised. I find this grossly disappointing and utterly dishonest. The impact on local stores too. I want to cancel my order but feel bad for our local store as they (unlike GW as a whole) have financially struggled during the pandemic due to a lack of stock and cancelled orders due to delays. Some of this can't be helped due to current context and is accepted. However, false advertising is not their fault.

This is not directed at the individual that receives this as I appreciate you don't set the WarCom content or prices. However, those that do should be aware and it isn't acceptable.

Kind regards"
  • Firedrake Cordova, firestorm40k, Noserenda and 13 others like this
Hidden Content

AenarIT

AenarIT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 556 posts
  • Faction: Tau Necrons SM IG

Bummer. I was going to get one munitorum and one mechanicus set, now I'll get none. 
That money now goes toward another liter of UV resin to print some terrain.

• Maschinenpriester likes this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,108 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Fronteris is the only one worth getting then. The bait and switch was dirty.

Edited by Marshal Rohr, 27 February 2021 - 12:58 PM.

• Tyrannicide, Dark Shepherd, SufficientAnonymity and 1 other like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

firestorm40k

firestorm40k

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,298 posts
  • Faction: Legion of Taurus
Good email, @01RTB01. I think that WarCom have really dropped the ball with the information they've shared in the run up to the release of Pariah Nexus, first the 'all Indomitus units' error, then the 'core rules included' mess up, but this really takes the cake.

I'm considering writing an email myself, I wonder if they get a number of similar emails they might actually acknowledge that they've messed up, and make amends. Knowing GW though, probably not :rolleyes:

Edited by firestorm40k, 27 February 2021 - 01:16 PM.

• Dark Shepherd likes this
My Chaos Marine project log, the (infamous!) Legion of Taurus: http://www.bolterand...arine-army-log/

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 897 posts

Good email, @01RTB01. I think that WarCom have really dropped the ball with the information they've shared in the run up to the release of Pariah Nexus, first the 'all Indomitus units' error, then the 'core rules included' mess up, but this really takes the cake.

I'm considering writing an email myself, I wonder if they get a number of similar emails they might actually acknowledge that they've messed up, and make amends. Knowing GW though, probably not :rolleyes:

They have changed before based on consumer feedback, and it doesn’t hurt to try.
  • firestorm40k likes this

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,158 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, DW, IK, Blood Ravens

The UK rules for Advertising are quite strict and their watchdog actually will do its job when it has to. I have seen other companies fall foul of these rules doing things much less severe than this. This is now two reasonable false advertising in the last two weeks and if customers do not remind GW that this is not on they will see it as permission to do it from now on as if its normal..

• Firedrake Cordova, Marshal Loss, 01RTB01 and 3 others like this

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,910 posts

They have changed before based on consumer feedback, and it doesn’t hurt to try.

They need telling and the more that say something, the more likely something may change.

It's totally unacceptable.

I was going to order 4 pariah Nexus boxes but at this point, I've not ordered anything.
Hidden Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kill Team game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users