Death Guard FAQ - 22nd February, 2021

Joe

Inexorable Advance: The Death Guard trudge towards the enemy at a relentless pace, unless they are on a battlefield, then they move like everything else.

You can still only include 1 DP per detachment, from the way I read it.

Gotcha. No change due to the 1 DP limit and Infernal Jealousy, but you can include a lord or Typhus.

Meh.

Edited by Azekai

Could someone tell me where Inexorable Advance now applies if it does not apply to Difficult Ground?

I can't think of anything...

Certain strats such as the custodies “reduce charge by D6” etc

Which, thanks to lack of GW's ability to ever get any sort of terminology standardization or technical writing in place, people have been RAW arguing since codex release that Tanglefoot is not ignored by IA, since it reduces "charge distance", not the "charge roll"; IA protecting the "charge roll" from being modified. Oi vey.

I'm of the mindset to say "That's just RAW for advantage, and should be ignored, it totally makes them immune to Tanglefoot". I'm sure we'll see even more fun with that too now that GW gave even more "RAW is law" incentive by saying IA doesn't protect against difficult terrain -2.

Edited by Dark Legionnare

I think it's in anticipation for other factions with stratagems and psychic powers or abilities that affect the MS characteristic of a units profile.

Edited by Reskin

This strat reducing charge distance. DG can ignore only charge roll modifiers.  

Feels like an absolutely arbitrary distinction. The d6 roll then applies a negative modifier equal to whatever is rolled.

Feels like an absolutely arbitrary distinction. The d6 roll then applies a negative modifier equal to whatever is rolled.

Like the arbitrary distinction presented in the FAQ?

It's not the characteristic it's the move the characteristic makes, which therefore isn't itself.

'Ignore movement modifiers' somehow doesn't ignore modifiers to distance moved

Like the arbitrary distinction presented in the FAQ?

It's not the characteristic it's the move the characteristic makes, which therefore isn't itself.

'Ignore movement modifiers' somehow doesn't ignore modifiers to distance moved

Oh, I totally agree with you. The powers that be at GW seem to want DG to be affected by terrain, but that seems like the most obvious application of Inexorable Advance.

The FAQ is illogical and makes a mockery of the idea of reading Rules as Written.

'Modifiers to distance moved' is ipso facto a movement modifier.