Perhaps something you select during list building? A Battalion / company level specialisation in contrast to the regimental doctrines
I think Guard detachment abilities should be 3 levels.
- Home world: Cadia, Catachan, Civilized World, Death World, Hive World, etc.
- Regiment specialisation: Armoured, Artillery, Drop Troops, Heavy Infantry, Light Infantry, Line Infantry, etc.
- Company specialisation/equipment: Cyber-enhancement, Disciplined Shooters, Relic Armour, Wilderness Survivors, etc.
So for example choosing a planet like Cadia would give a player:
- Access to their unique relic, characters, stratagem, and order. As well as Take Aim! and Gunners Kill on Sight! being able to re-roll all Hits.
- Selecting Heavy Infantry means all Regiment infantry receive carapace armour.
- Selecting cyber-enhancement gives all Regiment infantry a 6+ invul.
That way even players who take named regiments could have different abilities and loadouts. We could even make the 2 latter options be detachment options, so if you take multiple detachments they all have to be Cadian, but you could make 1 of them infantry and the other one artillery.
Edited by jarms48, 07 June 2021 - 12:57 AM.