9th Ed. Wishlist?

Lord Robertsen

It’s true, Krieg are in a strange place at the moment. I don’t understand why they changed the Cult of Sacrifice rules.

Previously they’d shrug off casualties from shooting which definitely suited the background for them.

As Sairence said the strength of the Regiment is in the specific units.

I’m hoping with the advent of plastic Kriegers that some of the Krieg flavour units will remain.

I can’t see GW not milking that cow! I’d expect new Krieg units in plastic (I’m an eternal optimist!)

At the very least there might be options in the codex that could be used by any regiments. (Rough Riders for Deathriders, Veterans with Carapace Armour and Shotguns for Engineers)

Here’s hoping we don’t have to wait too long and we’ll see a new Guard codex in the “Roadmap” on Friday!

I am pretty certain that we will get more Plastic Deathkorp Units over time, didn't many DKoK Units from FW get out of Produktion last Year?

This could be a Clue for what to come.

I wouldn't be to suprised either if GW makes Deathkorp the new Posterboys for Guard

On a Sidenote

What Roadmap?

Are they finally giving out some Informations about the Relaise Scedual of the Codex?

Yep, a lot of the Krieg range has disappeared from Forgeworld. Here’s hoping that is an indication!

As for the roadmap, GW have said they’ll be posting the release schedule for the next codexes on Friday!

Exciting.

Edited by Jud Cottrell

I checked FW and almost half the Range of Deathkorp is listed as "no longer available"

Including the Mars Pattern Leman Russes and all Malcador Varients.

The Malcador is odd, either we loose a Tank or it will get a plastic Relaise some day

I personally would be very happy to see some of FW Guard Tanks wander over to GW and get a plastic Relaise.

Guard has so many awesome Tanks and Vehicals but hidden behind the FW paywall

This feeds into the romours about Games Workshop planning on closing Forge World for good.

It’s true, Krieg are in a strange place at the moment. I don’t understand why they changed the Cult of Sacrifice rules.

Previously they’d shrug off casualties from shooting which definitely suited the background for them.

As Sairence said the strength of the Regiment is in the specific units.

I’m hoping with the advent of plastic Kriegers that some of the Krieg flavour units will remain.

I can’t see GW not milking that cow! I’d expect new Krieg units in plastic (I’m an eternal optimist!)

At the very least there might be options in the codex that could be used by any regiments. (Rough Riders for Deathriders, Veterans with Carapace Armour and Shotguns for Engineers)

Here’s hoping we don’t have to wait too long and we’ll see a new Guard codex in the “Roadmap” on Friday!

I believe the rule was changed due to the change in morale mechanics in 9th by which I mean combat attrition tests.  failing a Moral check only looses a unit 1 model now but more may run off in the next step.  I was alarmed when Orks lost the previous version of Mob rule but I can see where it may have needed to change to help balance over all. Orks were effectively immune to Morale and combat attrition checks if they were near a large full mob. I see the change of the DKoK much in the same way to that. It's not the best rule ever but not dissimilar to how it used to work over as I understand it. :wacko.: 

I would also hope GW adds a large plastic DKoK range. Anything to rid us of those Cadians.:biggrin.: 

Not that I am invested in it one way or the other. But plastic Cavalry and more would be wonderful.  

Domsto, where did you hear they were trying to get rid of Forgeworld?

Seems a shame.

Warhead01, me too man! Plastic Deathriders are my dream now that plastic infantry is now a thing!

Cadians aren’t so bad, though hopefully our next codex will bring more flavour.

Domsto, where did you hear they were trying to get rid of Forgeworld?

It's a rumour that floats around every once in a while and just got new Wind recently with the Plastic DKoK and the suppossedly Plastic Horus Heresy Box Set.

I read about it on Reddit, but wouldn't give to much about it as the Main Source seems to be People how claim to be former GW Employees.

To be Honest i wish it is True, as FW for me is a Relic of the Past and is long excelled by GW it self.

Edited by domsto

Yep, a lot of the Krieg range has disappeared from Forgeworld. Here’s hoping that is an indication!

As for the roadmap, GW have said they’ll be posting the release schedule for the next codexes on Friday!

Exciting.

that is true for admech and most none marine armys too though 

In the rumours thread there is talk of a plastic tank between russ and baneblade size, malcador or macharius or something new?

Edit-that’s odd, the two threads with details of releases for next year have disappeared? Did I just imagine them?

Edited by RADU LYKAN

In the rumours thread there is talk of a plastic tank between russ and baneblade size, malcador or macharius or something new?

Edit-that’s odd, the two threads with details of releases for next year have disappeared? Did I just imagine them?

Guy requested for them to be deleted. Maybe there’s some truth to FW pulling the Malcador. Maybe GW are going to do a multi-part kit for it.

There is apparently some truth to what that post said, in the Black Templar forum Valrak just basically confirmed the contents of the BT launch box which is the same as what was written in that post and Valrak apparently has a picture of it. So that part was true which lends some more credibility to the rest of the information, a plastic Malcador/Macharius with new turrets would be amazing, I love that tank and just bought a Battle Cannon Malcador  that I have to assemble. 

My 2cents.

Warzone armegeddon.

Angron kills yarrick.

Ghaz fights angron.

Angron forces start winning.

Yarrick ressurection as ( saint yarrick )

Saint yarrick and ghaz fight angron, then fight each other.

My 2cents.

Warzone armegeddon.

Angron kills yarrick.

Ghaz fights angron.

Angron forces start winning.

Yarrick ressurection as ( saint yarrick )

Saint yarrick and ghaz fight angron, then fight each other.

I don't want Saint Yarrick, that puts him into Adepta Sororita territory like Celestine. I think it's more likely for Creed to come back from stasis and Gman to make him the new Lord Solar. 

At this point, and rate of Codex relaises i am getting conserned that we even get a Codex this Edition. 9.Ed enters its thierd Year in 2022 and nowadays GW seems to relais a new Edition for their main Games every 3 Years.

Custodes are doing pretty well ATM, so unless GW wants to nerf/change them, we could be in line for a Codex soon(ish). Tyranids/GSC + Guard could be a thematically suitable pair for a dual release, kind of like we saw with GK/TS. Albeit GW saying that CSM fans would be served proper in 2022, it does seem like the same armies are getting the love... BT is cool but its another Marine release, and frankly (I say this as a GK player) I'm really looking forward to seeing stuff that doesn't wear power armor come to the fore. 

A plastic Macharius kit would be awesome, but I'd rather GW invest in different plastic kits (full or upgrades) for the Codex regiments, aka Valhalla, Mordian, Vostroyan, Tallarn... even a new Catachan Infantry kit, to bring them in tune with the Command Squad and Heavy teams would be welcome. I don't know that the Guard need a new tank kit though, there is a huge amount of vehicle variety in the Codex even without FW. Fingers crossed for non-vehicle Fast Attack choices too, either bringing back a generic form a Rough Rider or even better a bike-mounted outrider/scout unit. 

I feel pretty jerked around by the lineup in all honesty. The only people who got a real answer were CSM which was a solid wait and see, while everyone else still gets to wonder if their codex is coming out same as before. Imperial and Xenos only excludes chaos. I'm hoping the kreig inclusion in the killteam is more telling of their plans for how soon they will be coming out in december, but not hoping to strongly. Nid's or GSC would be a good pairing, as custodes would seem odd unless they're put in charge of hunting them out. GSC would, even better, let them double dip in selling whatever new guard models to both sets of players with the advertising push. I agree with woodsman above, there's a huge variety of tanks already in plastic we don't need more variety. Maybe a bit of a balancing, but there's enough out already without adding more kinds. And definitely some non-mech fast attacks. Maybe have a scout squad with infiltration if you dont wanna bring horses back to the main codex but I wanna make a brigade of straight infantry.

I feel pretty jerked around by the lineup in all honesty. 

This sums up my feelings entirely. I knew they would do it too, not even sure why I got my hopes up. I was hoping that they started the schedule in September. Told us what 2 was coming in December, and then hinted us for January 2022. 

Pretty laughable they showed us TSons and GK which were releasing that weekend, Orks which was already pre-released, and BT which they've already been hinting at. The only new news was 1 Imperial and 1 Xeno codex in December. 

as we're still wishlisting I'm still hoping for the old rule from the 2nd edition codex to come back. the one where the heavy weapons from an infantry squad could become it's on squads of, then, two models as a fire support team. I'm also thinking with the current moral rules and how I feel about msu armies being a bit better, this could work will for the Infantry squad as an option. Now I just have 8 troopers to run for objectives and what ever but can pack in more heavy stuff to just leave in the back. Almost like having more heavy support slots. Just a thought, I'd love it, almost feels like having my cake and eating it too.