Finally starting my Black Legion army (showing off a model)

Ishagu

No, I don't just collect Ultramarines lol.

I'll be looking forward to sharing progress in future. In the meantime I commissioned an extremely talented painter in the UK to paint up Abaddon as a treat to myself. The model actually looks so good I won't be able to replicate the work across the rest of the army so I'll paint up a 2nd one to use in actual games lol.

Here is a pic:

153365832_4295714980457039_7691395100599

Curiously, who was the guy, and how much did it cost you? (Not sure if the forum allows us to ask that)

Abstractly, looking over your other thread, I find it a bit interesting how the 40k gulliman's blue is darker reflecting the 40k darkness, and the other 30k gulliman is reflecting the golden age of mankind. 

The painter is called Richard, and he ran a service called Superbly Painted miniatures. I believe he is now in partnership with Siege Studios so you have to request him through them.

Lol I'm not advertising for them, I just wanted to be up front about not painting these.

As for the BL army I'm planning; I want to include a Spartan lol. I'll try to make it work somehow. I always wanted the model but when Primaris came out and divided the range it was no longer a fit for my 40k Marines.

I want the army to have some of the HH era vehicles as Abaddon's personal host would be well equipped.

Oh yea I had a similar plan! Except I own a spartan, last assembly is held with elastics as its never seen paint yet. In 8th abaddon ended up following it around (to grant it rerolls)

I always imagined abaddon, 5x4 of the cult troops (zerkers,plague) all riding in it, purely as an army on parade thing.

Edited by Syrakul

No, I don't just collect Ultramarines lol.

I'll be looking forward to sharing progress in future. In the meantime I commissioned an extremely talented painter in the UK to paint up Abaddon as a treat to myself. The model actually looks so good I won't be able to replicate the work across the rest of the army so I'll paint up a 2nd one to use in actual games lol.

Here is a pic:

153365832_4295714980457039_7691395100599

That’s awesome man! I’ve been checking out his stuff for ages! I’ll definitely drop him a message