Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Finally starting my Black Legion army (showing off a model)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 18,177 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

No, I don't just collect Ultramarines lol.

I'll be looking forward to sharing progress in future. In the meantime I commissioned an extremely talented painter in the UK to paint up Abaddon as a treat to myself. The model actually looks so good I won't be able to replicate the work across the rest of the army so I'll paint up a 2nd one to use in actual games lol.

Here is a pic:

153365832_4295714980457039_7691395100599

• Prot, Burias-Drak'shal, N1SB and 6 others like this

-~Ishagu~-

Skywrath

Skywrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,935 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels | Thousand Sons

How does it feel seeing an Ultramarine lying on the base at the feet of your sworn enemy? :P

Edited by Skywrath, 24 February 2021 - 02:32 PM.

• Ishagu likes this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 18,177 posts

How does it feel seeing an Ultramarine lying on the base at the feet of your sworn enemy? tongue.png

Don't worry. My other army responded in kind lol:

154089075_4295689597126244_8332292909428

• SmiteThemAll and Skywrath like this

-~Ishagu~-

Syrakul

Syrakul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 338 posts
Same commission painter for both i take it? I like that abaddon as it looks like I could pull it off, just time consuming and id be swearing and repairing millions of misplaced brush strokes...
  • Skywrath likes this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 18,177 posts
Yeah same guy. He does them in a similar style to the GW official kits you see on the website.

-~Ishagu~-

Skywrath

Skywrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,935 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels | Thousand Sons

Curiously, who was the guy, and how much did it cost you? (Not sure if the forum allows us to ask that)

Abstractly, looking over your other thread, I find it a bit interesting how the 40k gulliman's blue is darker reflecting the 40k darkness, and the other 30k gulliman is reflecting the golden age of mankind. 

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 18,177 posts
The painter is called Richard, and he ran a service called Superbly Painted miniatures. I believe he is now in partnership with Siege Studios so you have to request him through them.

Lol I'm not advertising for them, I just wanted to be up front about not painting these.

As for the BL army I'm planning; I want to include a Spartan lol. I'll try to make it work somehow. I always wanted the model but when Primaris came out and divided the range it was no longer a fit for my 40k Marines.
I want the army to have some of the HH era vehicles as Abaddon's personal host would be well equipped.
  • Skywrath likes this

-~Ishagu~-

Syrakul

Syrakul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 338 posts
Oh yea I had a similar plan! Except I own a spartan, last assembly is held with elastics as its never seen paint yet. In 8th abaddon ended up following it around (to grant it rerolls)
I always imagined abaddon, 5x4 of the cult troops (zerkers,plague) all riding in it, purely as an army on parade thing.

Edited by Syrakul, 24 February 2021 - 03:57 PM.

BladeOfVengeance

BladeOfVengeance

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 814 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines

No, I don't just collect Ultramarines lol.

I'll be looking forward to sharing progress in future. In the meantime I commissioned an extremely talented painter in the UK to paint up Abaddon as a treat to myself. The model actually looks so good I won't be able to replicate the work across the rest of the army so I'll paint up a 2nd one to use in actual games lol.

Here is a pic:

153365832_4295714980457039_7691395100599

That’s awesome man! I’ve been checking out his stuff for ages! I’ll definitely drop him a message

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,726 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors
Laser destroyer armed Spartan is a good choice for CSM.
  • Tallarn Commander likes this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

GreaterChickenofTzeentch

GreaterChickenofTzeentch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,389 posts

Very nice work. Siege seems to be a great crew.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users