Canoptek Plasmacyte Maximum Question

Styles

If I am playing a 2,000pt Grand Tournament 2020 game is the maximum number of canoptek plasmacytes i can have 3, even if I have over 3 destroyer units? As the rules for a game that size seem to say you can only have the same datasheet 3 times. Does the viral construct rule allow more? As it is not clear to me it does over rule the 3 datasheet rule, although I think that is what it is meant to do?

Interesting question regarding GWs uniform rules writing.

Cherubs and watchers in the dark are models with stats, no separate datasheet, counted as unit upgrades.

Plasmacyte is a stand-alone unit upgrade and AFAIK can't be taken without destroyers anyway?

Reason doesn't stand, not after their latest 'movement modifiers don't modify movement distance' mind puzzle.

Tldr: better safe than sorry, max3? Although you bring a lot of destroyers!

Edited by Emicus

Thanks for your thoughts. I think GW did mean that you could have a plasmacyte per destroyer unit, but messed up the rules, as I think technically I could only have 3, so plan to do that. Bit annoying though as i am making a destroyer themed army and maxing out on destroyer units. 

It doesn’t look like there’s anything in the plasmacyte’s rules to override the rule of three I’m afraid. The Viral construct rule does two things: makes them not take up a slot and prevents you from taking more of these guys than you have destroyer units.