Iron Warriors Terminator list v1

Lord Krungharr

Not sure if this is real competitive but should be pretty fun!

Legion: Iron Warriors

Rite of War: Primarch's Chosen

HQ1:  Primus Medicae/Cataphractii Terminator Armor

HQ2:  Siege Breaker/ Cataphractii Terminator Armor/ Chainfist

Troops 1: 5 Cataphractii Terminators/4 power axes/1 power maul

Tropps 2: 5 Cataphractii Terminators/4 power fists/1 chainfist

Elites 1: Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought/ 2 Kheres Assault Cannons

Elites 2: 3 Rapier laser destroyers

Heavy Support: 10 Tyrant Siege Terminators

Lord of War: Perturabo the Primarch/ Forgebreaker

Wondering if I should split the Rapiers into 3 separate ones for getting the chance to put all the Terminators into reserves?  Thought I had to have at least half the units on the table to start (haven't played 30k yet, but my friend has his Thousand Sons all Terminator army ready so we're gearing up!)

You only have a couple of scoring units so chance are, you're going to never win any objective games.

It's an inherent weakness in terminator armies and if you're going toe to toe with Thousand Sons, they're just straight up better than you at it.

Personally I'd drop one of the consuls and get some more bodies on the field.

I assume this is 2k?

Yeah, 2K.  Perturabo sure is expensive but seems like the deep strike is necessary with a majority Terminator army.  Probably don't need Forgebreaker on him though, but it looks so cool!

This is my beginner list (just all the stuff I have made so far).  But I agree I'll need more bodies for any sort of competitive event....and use the IronFire.....and quad mortars.  I was thinking an assault drill transport with a tactical squad could be a good useful thing.  

Are you dead set on Perty+Primarch's Chosen or are you open to alternatives? Because back when I used to play IW, running terminator armies via Erasmus Golg (makes legion terminators into troops) and then taking the Orbital Assault RoW was heaps of fun and fairly decent too.

Oh no I just like the idea of using Perturabo in some games. Had to make me a Primarch, just because :). Is there a model of Golg? I didn’t see one on Forgeworld.

If I drop Perty, take Golg and a Primus Medicae and a Scout Vigilator, I can take my two Cataphractii units, and a unit of Lightning Claw and unit of Fist Tartaros Termies, my Mortis Kheres Contemptor, and 10 Tyrants.

I dont have the Tartarus Termies yet but like the sweeping advance! When I used to run Khorne Daemons in 6th-7th Ed 40k they always won me games with that.

Or for orbital assault drop the vigilator and take a big drop pod for the Dreadnought?