Battlewagon options

xenomortis

Hi,

I'm in the process of building a bonebreaka and got second battlewagon ordered which I intend to build as a gunwagon.

On the bonebreaka I've just gone with the deffrolla and 2 big shootas (not glued)

Gunwagon not really sure other than the killcannon and use it as da boomer.

What do you guys suggest in terms of loadouts for these 2 units? There are so many options that they could become very expensive if not careful.

Thanks!

I've been dusting off my orks lately and I have an old Gobsmasha I've been using as a Gunwagon with DaBooma and had some fun with it. It's a bit of a conflicted unit as it has that transport capacity of 12 so it kinda wants to be used to haul something but with the double shots for moving slow it kinda wants to NOT charge across the board like a Trukk, plus it's not open topped so you can't use it as a bunker for Lootas or Flash Gitz. It's tricky.:biggrin.:

I'm using it in a crusade campaign so I took it with the big gun and two big shootas and then put my warboss, painboy, and 5 mega nobz in it to let it move slowly up the board behind a wall of boyz and under the protection of a KFF. It lived until Turn 4 - most of the army did not - so there is that, and it dished out some hurt. 

I think the weapon choices are fairly straightforward, the tough question is what else do you want it to do?

I'm running an entirely mechanised list - Speed Freeks. Literally no infantry

I want the 2 battlewagons to take some fire and do some damage. I have a deffkilla wartrike and warboss on bike so probably accompany the the bonebreaka with one of those to get up the board and hit something hard.

The gunwagon a bit more mid/long range dakka 

Rest of the list (3 x scrapjet, 3 x shokkjump dragsta, 1 of each of the other buggies, 10 bikes (could be nobs, could be boyz dependent on points left over, 1 x wazbom blastajet)

• 1 month later...

Currently working on a Bonebreaka for carrying my Skarboyz into the fight. In the back field I have a Boomboyz detachment with a Gunwagon with DaBooma and a battlewagon with a Supakannon(made from an old Land Raider I had floating around and the supakannon kit). Hoping that Ghaz running alongside the bonebreaka and a couple trukks with tankbustas and trukboyz will keep a little of the fire off the big guyz.

Edit: just discovered the Bonebreaka has limited transport capacity so it will be a standard battlewagon with deffrolla.

Edited by Galron

Hi Folks, 

Ive got 2 Ork Vehicles and found it very easy o magnetise and switch between variants. 

The turret for the guns needs 2 small magnets and then on each gun housing 2 small magnets and then thats all variants. One gun you need to cut off a small targetting lens so it can be pulled in and out or just leave the roof of the turret loose and you can lift it out. 

The Ram can be popped on and off without hassle meaning you can sink 2 magnets into the holes which are fine for magnetising the deffrolla arms to. Just stick the arms to the rolla itself. 

The shootas can be popped in and out just glue the mounts onto the chassis. 

All the different Melee weapons and such can just be held in place with a little blue tac or equivalent. Its not fancy but its just for gaming. 

I also dont glue the top to the rear compartment on or the Turret mount, these pieces just lift on and off as needed for open topped or not. 

You then have all 3 variants with all weapon options.