Any luck Customising monopose?

Captain Coolpants

I've recently purchased the necron half of the indomitus box.

And I love the atheistic of the skorpekh Lord and destroyers.

Anyone had any success in altering their poses?

I've given it a bash with 3 destroyers, but they seem kinda meh. I want like 9 of these guys, so any tips or inspiration would be cool!

I’ve had some (admittedly accidental) success. I mucked up when building the two thresher destroyers, and swapped either arms or torsos, I forget which. The long and short is that the poses are ever so slightly different for it. It took some chopping to fix my mistake, and I doubt I could fail in the same manner again, but perhaps you could have some better success, esp when doing so deliberately.

Welcome to the tombs, as wel.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah they definitely need to be deliberately chopped and repositioned to make any real difference. Im just not imaginative enough to do something cool. I've put my attempt at the bottom. But they just seem odd to me, especially the one on the far right! Really reminds me of this meme https://images.app.goo.gl/jjA3CVBfmYoNjTWx9

Hidden Content

gallery_80056_16938_178568.jpg

gallery_80056_16938_1247490.jpg

I actually had a go at this myself. I’ve built 12/9 Skorpekhs now. I built the first three straight out of the box. The second three I swapped around legs and torsos, which makes a bit of a difference. For the third set I cut the arms off at the shoulder ball joint and pinned them back on in new positions. I’ll do that again for the 4th.

This wasn’t that easy but it was manageable. Mostly I built the guy and then removed the arms at the shoulder, very carefully, using a scalpel. The ball joints are really small so you have to drill really carefully too. I also found I needed to change the angle of the axe guy’s elbow, so that was cut abs repositioned raised above his head.

Edit: here's a pic of my results so far:

51008051478_d176ff3658_h.jpg

Edited by Mandragola

• 2 weeks later...
My skorpekh legs are all over the place. I think only one of my three have all all three legs touching the ground. This is just from me messing up the assembly somehow.

• 2 weeks later...

On a slightly different tangent. I've seen some pics online of people pretty much building wraiths upside down to make them look like scorpions, I've also seen a kit bash of a spyder and a triarch stalker to remove the goofy looking pilot.

Just wondering if any of you have tried these?