Sisters of Slaanesh

I know in the lore it is very rare, nigh impossible, for sisters to fall to chaos(Miriael Sabathiel). That being said i have always thought the fact that sisters play into such a religious avenue that you could do some interesting concepts with them. I am curious if any one has come across a chaos converted sisters of battle army or has thought about doing one?

I have been thinking about a long conversion project of converting a sisters of battle army into followers of slaanesh. Would this be too foreign of a concept?

I'm not a huge fan of Chaos Sisters as a concept, for two reasons:

1) It definitely breaks the lore, as Sisters should be among the least likely to fall to Chaos

2) I think Chaos and Imperium should have some running parallels (Heretic Astartes, Dark Mechanicum, Traitor Guard) but also have diversions (SoB, Talons of the Emperor, Grey Knights, Daemon Engines, Daemons, etc).

Chaos Sisters work better at the individual level, where a single Sister goes rogue.

That said I've seen Chaos Sister conversions before and they look pretty sick. Really, it's your hobby. The 41st millennium is a big place, and anything is possible. If you like Slaanesh Sisters, then absolutely do it.

All codex books are written from the Imperial point of view, of course they would say Sisters are uncorruptable. Rule of Cool my friend, Rule of Cool... Share pictures if you do go for it. 

Actually I may convert some Possessed Sisters for my 'Im not ripping off Hellraiser Cenobites honest/Agents of Bile army' now you have put that nugget of an idea in my head. Thats something else to add to my very long to do list... 

I already have my deathguard guard, necrons, and space wolves, so I’m really mainly looking for a fun conversion project that I can take my time with. Lore wise I don’t know how I would swing it but really 40K is so open that you can make all most any idea work. Sisters are mainly just just humans in power armor so I can say a chaos cult bet them, killed them all and took their gear.

For fun I took some notes for what I would do in a google doc if any one was interested.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jH__m1acqfBWRGZMPCE5y_7D8kbAmMz9_hitY5GQi9Q/edit

All codex books are written from the Imperial point of view, of course they would say Sisters are uncorruptable. Rule of Cool my friend, Rule of Cool... Share pictures if you do go for it. 

Actually I may convert some Possessed Sisters for my 'Im not ripping off Hellraiser Cenobites honest/Agents of Bile army' now you have put that nugget of an idea in my head. Thats something else to add to my very long to do list... 

This, pretty much. It's a big galaxy, there will have been some Sisters who have fallen to Chaos. Over in the Liber section I wrote up some fluff for a Nurgle-affiliated traitor order (the Rotten Heart) and still want to convert some up to run as Nurgle CSM.

I personally don't care much for Slaaneshi Sisters because it usually falls into the cliche of "Woman? Must have fallen to Slaanesh! 'cuz boobs and stuff!" but I do think it could be done well. One idea I had for a Slaanesh Order was one that had become convinced that the Imperium was too flawed and imperfect to be allowed to exist, and worship Slaanesh as "the perfect one"- an exemplar for what humanity should be, and thus they wage war in his/her/its name in order to show the Imperium the true way of perfection. You could even take it a step further and have them believe Slaanesh is an aspect of the Emperor himself (a bit like how the Mechanicus venerate the Omnissiah, or how in some proto-Christian religions the Devil is actually an agent of God sent forth to test mortals rather than an arch-enemy) thus making them double heretics and also having them convinced that the Ecclesiarchy are the real heretics for "hiding the truth of our blessed Emperor and his aspects from the people".

Evil eye I understand where you are coming from when you say that the women and slaanesh was a cliche but that thought honestly never crossed my mind when brain stormer. Also I already have damn near ever 40K nurgle mod they sell, plus a decent sized tzeentch army with thousand sons. So really didn’t have a lot of options for gods to pick from.

Really the reason I thought slaanesh was some of the conversions seemed so natural fit like sigvald from AoS as a fallen saint of Celestine, or Glutos Orscollion lord of gluttony as a triumph of saint Katherine.

Slaanesh also works because there is already a kinda weird BDSM thing going on with the Sister's aesthetic. It's kind of obvious, really; not much of a jump from all the mortification and self-flagellating to be twisted in service of the Prince of Pleasure rather than Him on Earth. 

Any of the Big 4 could work, though- interesting to consider how a convent or priory falls to the depredations of Chaos.

Edited by Azekai

Slaanesh also works because there is already a kinda weird BDSM thing going on with the Sister's aesthetic. It's kind of obvious, really; not much of a jump from all the mortification and self-flagellating to be twisted in service of the Prince of Pleasure rather than Him on Earth. 

Any of the Big 4 could work, though- interesting to consider how a convent or priory falls to the depredations of Chaos.

Oh yes, it definitely works when done well. I've unfortunately seen quite a few examples of it, uh, not being done well which does colour my perception a bit, but I don't mean to discourage anyone from having a go! The twisted mockery of the Triumph that WickedJester mentioned is a particularly cool idea.

Somewhere in the archives there's a thread where I came up with a bunch of ideas for doing God-specific traitors, and later a counterpart/ally for each of the nine Traitor Legions, but I can't find it now.

OK, here they are!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/333311-sisters-of-chaos/?p=4725307

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/333311-sisters-of-chaos/?p=4730464

Edited by Evil Eye

W Artel makes chaos sister models- I think there's one for each of the four chaos gods.

A guy who works at my local GeeDub has made some butt-kickin' chaos sister conversions riffing on Zephyrim. I try and convince those guys to follow B&C all the time, but I think they may be reluctant to cruise forums being employed by the company- for all I know, it may even be against store policy.

I think he used the wings from scourges, I know he also gave them daemon tails, and he modified some of the fleur de lis iconography.

Not gonna drop your IRL name bro, but if you ARE following B&C and you do read this, you'll know who you are... So post us some pics!

In the meantime, check out the W Artel stuff: https://artelw.com/Sisters-of-Corruption-Bundle-p262522887

Actually, I always figured that if Sisters ever fell to Chaos, they would go Khorne.  "Purge the heretic for the Emperor, Blood for the Blood God."  Add in a hatred of psykers, and there's not really all that big a difference.

And in regard to not knowing about Fallen Sisters, that's down to the Imperium keeping it a secret.   Few have even heard rumors of the Grey Knights, but everyone has heard how the Sisters are the most loyal and faithful of the Emperor's followers.  Imagine what would happen if it became known that Chaos can corrupt the Sisters of Battle.  If the Emperor's most faithful can fall to Chaos, what chance does the average civilian have against the Ruinous Powers?

And it's not like the Imperium doesn't keep secrets of any kind.:whistling:

Ooo that’s a lot to read! Did you see the google docs I linked Evil? It’s a rough draft of my ideas.

Just given it a quick read now- some good ideas! I love the idea of the Exorcist with the Noise Marine up top.

I have to say i do like the idea of Evil Eye's idea of the alpha legion creating a evil convent from the beginning in an insidious way.  Maybe not alpha legion, but some heretical follower that had fallen to slaanesh in his obsession with devotion that schemed and plotted to start their own convent. As it grew they would take from the riff raft in the surrounding towns and "recruit" them into the ranks of the church where they would be indoctrinated into the true ways of gods, and maybe toss in some possession for some of the people and BOOM!

We should all come up with fluff for Chaos Orders and see what each other comes up with :laugh.: Ngl this thread has sparked off tons of ideas. 

I think that's an excellent idea! I'll start the ball rolling with a shameless plug of my Nurgle Sororitas Liber entry:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/356826-index-traitoris-the-order-of-the-rotten-heart/?p=5337689

We should all come up with fluff for Chaos Orders and see what each other comes up with :laugh.: Ngl this thread has sparked off tons of ideas. 

I hear ya. Corrupt leadership, concealed mutation, out-of-control pyskers, out-of-control psykers who don't know they are psykers, a suspicious captive in dark green power armor starts whispering secrets through his cell door... the possibilities are endless!

I hear ya. Corrupt leadership, concealed mutation, out-of-control pyskers, out-of-control psykers who don't know they are psykers, a suspicious captive in dark green power armor starts whispering secrets through his cell door... the possibilities are endless!

No lie, I had ideas for Traitor Sororitas for my Night Lords (and World Eaters). The issue for me is figuring out how to Chaos them up

Edited by Gederas

No lie, I had ideas for Traitor Sororitas for my Night Lords (and World Eaters). The issue for me is figuring out how to Chaos them up

I feel a mini B&C homebrew lore writing comp coming on. :P 

There's a potential storyline in Saint Katherine's Aegis where a unit of Celestians is SUSPECTED of chaos taint after a daemonic encounter- it's one of the entry points in the narrative for the arrival of the Ordo Hereticus. In that story though, the Celestians take the Penitent vow and prove themselves- the corruption is merely suspected.

Considering that Slaanesh's thing is excess, of taking one particular thing and letting it become an all consuming obsession, that seems something that would fit Sisters. That their single minded dedication to the Emperor and purging of his enemies could be taken down that road. Perhaps the Shrine World was sucked into the Realm of Chaos when the Circatrix Maledictum came into being, this world happening to end up in Slaanesh's realm. Perhaps that single minded focus on purging heretics, they were tricked by the Dark Gods and they weren't purging Heretics, but innocent souls, perhaps that act tips them over the edge, they realise what they've done and through that the worship of Slaanesh enters the order, first that insidious little reworking of things, before, slowly, it becomes endemic and the whole order falls to excess and depravity? 

Back before Nurgle sent the pandemic to stop us all from having fun, I did some co-op Kill Team campaigns with my gaming group (sort of a combination of Kill Team and Necromunda rules with very light roleplaying elements and an "AI" system for enemy behaviour). The first one where we were playing Imperial Guardsmen who had to bring an artifact back worked really well, so we were going to one more where we played Sisters of Battle.

I had already written out the general plot and outlined the scenarios for the campaign, tentatviely titled "Nuns Have No Fun" of course, and it revolved around discovering that our order had been corrupted from within, so I was actually looking at doing some SoB conversions when everything shut down. I went with Nurgle, though, because I think the Slaanesh thing is overdone and/or easily veers into cringe territory - also, I think the contrast between the pristine and hopeful imagery of the SoB and the "decay and despair" imagery of Nurgle would work really well. Those are just my thoughts, though :)

Is this actually true? I hear this all the time but reading through the GSC Codex, it doesn't seem to be from the imperial perspective in the details the book gives.

Although, the Codexn isnt the only source for sisters being incorruptible. Across Black Library stories they definitely have a higher degree of immunity to corruption, though it does happen occasionally. Imo, best done at the individual level and not a whole order

A concept I've had is of a order world that was absorbed by the Cicatrix Maledictum, and when a chaos army attacks from that part of the rift, alongside the hordes of mutants and traitors are "chaos sisters" (for lack of a better name). But instead of being corrupted Sororitas, they are a perversion; the arms and armor of the order defaced and new zealots don them.

I like the idea of corrupt humans wearing the armor of the fallen sisters. This protects the stories in all of the books and makes me feel better a bit better about my sisters army for purity sake. In some of the books they talk about degenerate imperial hive cities so i can see them scavenging after a battle. They may have good intentions wearing the armor but the taint of chaos has taken root already so that could make sense. Hmm?